ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>FBI warns 'armed protests' being planned at all 50 state capitols and Washington DC
TLO 06:03 PM 01-11-2021
(CNN)The FBI has received information indicating "armed protests" are being planned at all 50 state capitols and the US Capitol in Washington, DC in the days leading up to President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration on January 20, according to an internal bulletin obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...tol/index.html
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:36 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
If you don't understand how pouring gasoline onto a smoldering fire might cause a larger eruption, there is no hope for you.

Democrats have been chomping at the bit to impeach Trump since before he even took office. They wasted years of his time in office with spurious investigations and labeled him and his supporters as the worst people alive.

Yes, your sides behavior has consequences, just as Trump and his idiot brigades behavior lost the GOP the Senate, and will do further damage to the GOP in the short term.

ETA: Trump's behavior is absolutely grounds for impeachment. I don't believe he fully understood the gravity of the situation he was in or that he genuinely wanted the people to actually break into the Capitol. He should have known though, and should be removed via the 25th amendment as he is absolutely not competent. The time in office has taken a high toll on his already tenuous mental health.
That's what the minority party does. The GOP didn't invent it, but both sides now do it. It's falls under the heading of the lack of unity.

Oh, and I don't see a path to unity for the USA. There will be empty calls for it from both sides, but when both sides define "unity" as the other side giving in, completely, it just won't happen.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:49 AM 01-13-2021
Of course we will. Some foreign entity will do something unforgivable and we'll rally our tribal asses as a country.

Other than people being louder on the internet, we're dealing with the same bitching as any other time in US history.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:52 AM 01-13-2021
"FBI"...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:14 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Of course we will. Some foreign entity will do something unforgivable and we'll rally our tribal asses as a country.

Other than people being louder on the internet, we're dealing with the same bitching as any other time in US history.
There are solvable differences and there are intractable differences. At the moment, the intractable differences have all the passion, and unless one side or the other just gives up, ain't nothin' changin'

By this I mean, tax rates can be adjusted year to year, military engagements similarly come and go. We can decide that a trip to Mars is our national obsession and we can change our mind mid-endeavor.

Each election we can decide anew whether we want paragons of virtue representing us, or bulldogs fighting for our interests. Whether we want citizen perspectives making our decisions or career professional politicians.

But while we agree on the sanctity of life generally, we are intractably divided on when life starts. While we agree that racism is bad, we are intractably divided on whether you address it by devoting yourselves each individually to making race an irrevelancy, or concentrating intensely on race and using government to reward and punish people on the general sense of the thriving of each race. We are also intractibly divided on whether we are fundamentally individuals with rights inherent in our personal existence or whether we are fundamentally groups with obligations.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:16 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There are solvable differences and there are intractable differences. At the moment, the intractable differences have all the passion, and unless one side or the other just gives up, ain't nothin' changin'

By this I mean, tax rates can be adjusted year to year, military engagements similarly come and go. We can decide that a trip to Mars is our national obsession and we can change our mind mid-endeavor.

But while we agree on the sanctity of life generally, we are intractably divided on when life starts. While we agree that racism is bad, we are intractably divided on whether you address it by devoting yourselves each individually to making race an irrevelancy, or concentrating intensely on race and using government to reward and punish people on the general sense of the thriving of each race. We are also intractibly divided on whether we are fundamentally individuals with rights inherent in our personal existence or whether we are fundamentally groups with obligations.
well said.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:25 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I don't need You to change what You believe. You just have to care what I believe too.

Many of the reasons I chose to be pro-choice, 25 years ago, just don't exist anymore. Teen pregnancies are plummeting while access to resources are greater than they've ever been.

You have support to leave an abusive husband, you have support to quit a drug addiction, you can find help with every aspect that pertains to a vagina, your health, your soul.

It looked way different 25 years ago. And I grew up in Los Angeles.

There is tremendous ground we can give to you baby loving humanitarians. There is just so much noise and fear that you'll take it all away, it's hard to start a conversation.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:38 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's what the minority party does. The GOP didn't invent it, but both sides now do it. It's falls under the heading of the lack of unity.

Oh, and I don't see a path to unity for the USA. There will be empty calls for it from both sides, but when both sides define "unity" as the other side giving in, completely, it just won't happen.
Not even close to the level of which we've seen with Trump as President.

When you add in the media's role in all of this...it's not even close.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I don't need You to change what You believe. You just have to care what I believe too.

Many of the reasons I chose to be pro-choice, 25 years ago, just don't exist anymore. Teen pregnancies are plummeting while access to resources are greater than they've ever been.

You have support to leave an abusive husband, you have support to quit a drug addiction, you can find help with every aspect that pertains to a vagina, your health, your soul.

It looked way different 25 years ago. And I grew up in Los Angeles.

There is tremendous ground we can give to you baby loving humanitarians. There is just so much noise and fear that you'll take it all away, it's hard to start a conversation.
But the problem with intractable problems having singular solutions decided at the federal level is that there is no room to respect alternative beliefs.

That's why they are intractable.

Striving to be a colorblind individual is folly at best and suicide at worst in a race-obsessed society that dispenses government largess on the basis of skin color.

You either have fundamental inalienable individual rights, or you don't.

I do agree that, at least to my view, there is a bit more flexibility on abortion in that it's at least conceptually possible to hate infanticide with every fiber of your being and at least eke out an existence in a society that finds that other considerations predominate. You can 'numb' and isolate yourself from the matter in ways fulfilling to you.

There, the bigger problem is that the infanticide supporters compound the injury by trying to shift perspectives by arguing that their vision of pro-life, where they take money by government authority to dispense to others so they can have a better quality of life due to government benevolence, is the 'actual' pro-life position.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:42 AM 01-13-2021
The Deep State is working overtime with their Mockingbird Media covering up for them, to frame the entire Trump movement.

You saw what that abc guy tweeted about, which he removed.— that it was easier to get rid of Trump but more difficult to "cleanse" his followers or the movement.

This smacks of entrapment, to get the middle-class to no longer back it.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:59 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The Deep State is working overtime with their Mockingbird Media covering up for them, to frame the entire Trump movement.

You saw what that abc guy tweeted about, which he removed.ó that it was easier to get rid of Trump but more difficult to "cleanse" his followers or the movement.

This smacks of entrapment, to get the middle-class to no longer back it.
People with a brain in their head now know Trump is garbage, even if they didn't know in 2016. The only Trumpers left are dipshits, and politicians like Gaetz who are hoping to win the votes of those dipshits going forward.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:12 AM 01-13-2021

#FrenchFry on June 6 but we know that#Trump2021NowMoreThanEver
Secret Chat Reveals BLM Activistís Violent Intent and Trump Supporter Disguise at Capitol https://t.co/KZFx3mAnzg via @realmattcouch

— Steve Pieczenik (@StevePieczenik) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:21 AM 01-13-2021
I thought Biden was only going to have a virtual incrookuration.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:51 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Not even close to the level of which we've seen with Trump as President.

When you add in the media's role in all of this...it's not even close.
Havung most of the media on your side, well that's like bringing a M1A1 tank to a knife fight.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:58 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:00 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Wait, you're actually trying to equate what happened last Wednesday with Crossfire Hurricane/Mueller?
Hopefully not, Crossfire Hurricane was way more dangerous to our Democracy... Fraudulent FISA Warrants and a fraudulent investigation of a sitting administration by the IC, but you know, no big deal, right Dong?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up