ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Paulies will be unleashed!!
F150 04:49 PM 01-11-2021

Facebook now considers advocating for liberty to be sedition. Where will it end? https://t.co/Ws6pBq923N

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) January 11, 2021

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:30 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
What you're seeing is collective punishment. That's what totalitarians do. A guy named Pink went to the rally then back to his hotel room. Yet was promptly dropped from his record label for just being there. I don't know who Pink is but Tucker Carlson brought him up.

And he also mentioned a letter circulated in Congress that an "insurrectionist" is anyone who sympathizes with what happened at the Capitol.
Did he ever find the Hunter Biden evidence that was "lost in the mail"?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:31 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Except that you have no right to this "principle" when it comes to using someone else's means of conveying speech. You're not entitled to use someone else's property for your own use.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:32 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Progressivism was invented by the elites to defeat classical liberalism and replace it with a hopeful sounding fascism.
Shit, I completely agree with something TJ posted.

The end is nigh.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:36 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
What you're seeing is collective punishment. That's what totalitarians do. A guy named Pink went to the rally then back to his hotel room. Yet was promptly dropped from his record label for just being there. I don't know who Pink is but Tucker Carlson brought him up.

And he also mentioned a letter circulated in Congress that an "insurrectionist" is anyone who sympathizes with what happened at the Capitol.
While I think Trump, and anyone who was at that rally, should have known what could happen when a bunch of low EQ conspiracy theorists all get together in a mob, I don't think Trump, and some of the people who attended that rally, believed the mob would go and do what they did at the Capitol.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:39 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Except that you have no right to this "principle" when it comes to using someone else's means of conveying speech. You're not entitled to use someone else's property for your own use.

Just like your favorite Progressives had no right to block constituents from their Twitter accounts?

https://thehornnews.com/ocasio-corte...tle-forced-to/
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:47 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Just like your favorite Progressives had no right to block constituents from their Twitter accounts?

https://thehornnews.com/ocasio-corte...tle-forced-to/
Trump was successfully sued for the same thing.
Maybe you can figure out the difference between government officials blocking people and the twitter itself doing it for violating their rules.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:02 AM 01-12-2021
I fully understand the TOS issue. The problem, as someone else pointed out, is consistency of enforcement.

Let's take a bar that has terms of entry that state "no baseball caps".

If they routinely deny entry for some wearing caps, and not for others, that is a problem.

The gay cake example isnt exactly apples to oranges, as the social media censoring has come down to political party beliefs (and the gay cake issue was, if I recall properly, a religious belief issue - not saying I agree with that, just stating).

So essentially, in the cake scenario, you would have a situation where the cake store owner is a member of one political party, and wont bake cakes for any member of the opposite party.

This is what it has devolved to. People shout TOS, TOS......but in reality, it's the owners of these social media platforms injecting their own political beliefs into who gets to belong and who doesnt, hiding the prejudice (if you will) behind TOS.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:13 AM 01-12-2021
Boomers enslaved themselves to Facebook and now theyíre suddenly realizing that was a mistake. Itís glorious.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:16 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
Boomers enslaved themselves to Facebook and now they’re suddenly realizing that was a mistake. It’s glorious.
Facebook isn't even the problem. The problem is people who are too dumb to disregard obvious bullshit. I once worked with a fossil who believed this pic was legitimate:


[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Except that you have no right to this "principle" when it comes to using someone else's means of conveying speech. You're not entitled to use someone else's property for your own use.
Really? You don't say?

This must be a new revelation on your part....
[Reply]
scho63 09:22 AM 01-12-2021
The Left, when in full control of the government, will always overplay their hand.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:25 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Facebook isn't even the problem. The problem is people who are too dumb to disregard obvious bullshit. I once worked with a fossil who believed this pic was legitimate:

agreed.

And I think people are trying to police that, and you cant undumb someone that way.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Except that you have no right to this "principle" when it comes to using someone else's means of conveying speech. You're not entitled to use someone else's property for your own use.
In addition to staking out your anti-free speech position, my earlier response to Lex applies to you too.

Originally Posted by patteeu:
Let me know when you're in favor of that as well as any business doing anything discriminating for any reason. Like restaurants and hotels. Concerts halls and airlines. Then I'll listen to your defense of big tech.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:34 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
Boomers enslaved themselves to Facebook and now theyíre suddenly realizing that was a mistake. Itís glorious.
More than FB was shut down.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:37 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, it is not and it's within their rights to ban people who violate their TOS.

Chiefsplanet is very, very loose in terms of what can be said here without being banned but if you attempt to post on other forums like we do on CP, we'd all be banned immediately.
Holy shit, the old Niners board that was owned by the team? About 95% of the posters here would get the boot.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up