ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Boot Is Coming Down Hard Now
BucEyedPea 10:25 AM 01-09-2021
Only the start, there's a lot more of this coming. This is just the first post of this thread. It's not just Trump, it's the American message. Thousands of conservatives already having their accounts banned even if they did not participate in the Capitol surge. Now you know why antifa thugs were sent in to that protest and broke through right at the point where airing of election irregularities would happen and being on the verge of getting a commission to investigate it. Cui Bono?
CNN is now lobbying cable providers to remove Fox News from their channel lineups. Not surprising.

[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:54 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
No, you didn't. But we've gone over section 230 myriad times. It's clear that you don't understand even the definition of censorship, never mind the theoretical and practical implications of section 230.
Complete lie. As many times as JPB and his ilk have claimed to have already "gone over" Sec. 230, they could have written an law review article about it.

Sec. 230 protections do not requires sites like twitter to allow unmoderated content nor keeps them from restricting or banning users. There's not even anything requiring political neutrality. It could ban all Republicans if it wanted and not lose 230 protections.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:29 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is a pretty difficult subject to grapple IMO. Hard for me to really put down a steadfast stance.

I understand both sides here and share the same concerns as folks on the left and right have.

It's another one of those not-so-easy-answer issues.
This.
[Reply]
scorpio 08:35 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nice to see you're at least honest for a totalitarian.
"It's easier to build strong children than repair broken men."
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:38 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is a pretty difficult subject to grapple IMO. Hard for me to really put down a steadfast stance.

I understand both sides here and share the same concerns as folks on the left and right have.

It's another one of those not-so-easy-answer issues.

Yes and no. It is on the surface, because its a battle that is truly American....
Capitalism/ Freedom of companies VS "Free Speech" & Monopolies / Public Utilities.
The logic that every company should be free to do business with anyone they
want to (or not do business) is very crystal clear and to me very easy to take a steadfast stand...
It is when companies get too big, become monopolies and/or public utilities that more difficult problems can come
up such as what we are seeing now. My opinion is that twitter is not a monopoly and isnt/shouldnt
be a public utility...but Google and Facebook are awfully close.
I think one possible argument is that google (the search engine) should be broken up or turned
into a public utility.

Its possible facebook should be turned into a public utility as well.....
although there are competitors for facebook. But , unless and until the people decide that these
companies have gotten too big (monopolies) or too essential, then they should be free to do business
according to their CEO, shareholders, owners etc...

Additionally, Somethign like internet access (high speed, good
unlimited bandwidth) should be a public utility as well to make sure that all voices have
unlimited access to the internet to publish and express their 1st amendment
rights as citizens of this great nation. But hosting companies shhould be free to do or not do
business with whoever they want.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:52 PM 01-13-2021
So someone has now had their insurance canceled due their social media posts.

AIG is a corporation in bed with the state, received bailout loan advantage via the Fed, so now does it's bidding. Yep! Fascism has come to America but it's not wrapped in a flag.

We will be just fine, but wanted to let Americans know that @AIGinsurance canceled our insurance due to my "Social Media profile"

— President Elect Curt Schilling (@gehrig38) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:54 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by scorpio:
"It's easier to build strong children than repair broken men."
I'm assuming you dream about ancient Sparta too. :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:15 PM 01-13-2021
So someone has now had their insurance canceled due their social media posts.

AIG is a corporation in bed with the state, received bailout loan advantage via the Fed, so now does it's bidding. Yep! Fascism has come to America but it's not wrapped in a flag.

It's Curt Schillilng - so who knows if there is more to the story or not.

But if this is true, this should frighten every american, not just one party.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:17 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
It's Curt Schillilng - so who knows if there is more to the story or not.

But if this is true, this should frighten every american, not just one party.
Like what, that he's a right winger?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:22 PM 01-13-2021
Like what, that he's a right winger?
No, that the insurance company dropped him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:38 PM 01-13-2021
Curt Schiiling is a fucking liar and known cheater.

Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:45 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...bellevue-firm/

1) Hahaha I was right Parler's lawyer is garbage:

2) Parler already working on getting a new host (same host as Gab uses)
Shocking that a fledgling company doesn't have the same sophisticated lawyers that the established quasi-monopoly does. Let's all laugh! Hahaha :-)
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:21 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Shocking that a fledgling company doesn't have the same sophisticated lawyers that the established quasi-monopoly does. Let's all laugh!
I know you can't read but even a fledgling lawyer should 1) not make spelling mistakes 2)serve the right party 3) comply with the filing deadlines.4)have a functional web page..........right?

Furthermore getting a lawyer who actually handles some cases involving these types of disputes might he helpful. they have 12 million subscribers...and were poised to get 80 million more....LOL... their lawyer sucked. sorry.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:40 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I know you can't read but even a fledgling lawyer should 1) not make spelling mistakes 2)serve the right party 3) comply with the filing deadlines.4)have a functional web page..........right?

Furthermore getting a lawyer who actually handles some cases involving these types of disputes might he helpful. they have 12 million subscribers...and were poised to get 80 million more....LOL... their lawyer sucked. sorry.
I don't see any reason here to amend my post.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:52 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't see any reason here to amend my post.
thats because you're an imbecile who thinks it takes a "sophisticated " lawyer to serve papers to the correct party, not make spelling errors , and file the papers by the correct time...in a pretty simple complaint. pretty much any law student or legal secretary should be able to do those things...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 AM 01-14-2021
There are no absolutes... For example, next time a landlord decides not to do business with somebody, or stop doing business with somebody, for violating their TOS (then not have to show what TOS was violated), I'm sure many people will say that the landlord shouldn't be able to do that.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up