ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Congress can't be bothered to look into Massive election fraud in several states, but they always have time to buy matching slave outfits and put on skits.
60 lost lawsuits and a Supreme Court rejection weren't enough?

Do you really think that wasting the time of the House and Senate with yet another investigation, while in the middle of a pandemic that grows worse every hour, will lead to any new revelations?

The votes have been certified. It's done.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Trump couldn't win his home district nor his own state (or neighboring states for that matter) so yeah, East Coaster know all about Trump and his shenanigans.

Despite having ESPN+ since last November in the Disney+ bundle, I'd never checked it out. I was flipping through ESPN+ a few weeks back and came across a documentary about the USFL. I was HUGE USFL fan because the game was super fun and featured future superstars such as Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Reggie White, Mike Rozier and on and on.

About halfway through, it became basically about Trump, because he made the genious decision to go up against the NFL. And I'm sitting there watching this thing and thinking, "WTF? Why is he shitting on everyone and talking like a know-it-all tyrant? Does he want to lose the election???".

After it was over, I watched the credits, as I always do to find out which Music Libraries were used or which composer did the score, only to see the final credits which showed the doco was made in [B]2010[/B].

Trump has always been Trump.
That's a good 30/30, I like how they won a dollar and then the league died.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:17 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's a good 30/30, I like how they won a dollar and then the league died.
I really liked the league and would have loved to have seen Carl Peterson's Philadelphia Stars kick the living shit out of the Philadelphia Eagles, which was years before his reign of terror in KC.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:19 PM 01-08-2021
I really liked the league and would have loved to have seen Carl Peterson's Philadelphia Stars kick the living shit out of the Philadelphia Eagles, which was years before his reign of terror in KC.
If an actual good business man had run the USFL it would have succeeded..it's unfortunate.
[Reply]
banyon 09:26 PM 01-08-2021
Trump couldn't win his home district nor his own state (or neighboring states for that matter) so yeah, East Coaster know all about Trump and his shenanigans.

Despite having ESPN+ since last November in the Disney+ bundle, I'd never checked it out. I was flipping through ESPN+ a few weeks back and came across a documentary about the USFL. I was HUGE USFL fan because the game was super fun and featured future superstars such as Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Reggie White, Mike Rozier and on and on.

About halfway through, it became basically about Trump, because he made the genious decision to go up against the NFL. And I'm sitting there watching this thing and thinking, "WTF? Why is he shitting on everyone and talking like a know-it-all tyrant? Does he want to lose the election???".

After it was over, I watched the credits, as I always do to find out which Music Libraries were used or which composer did the score, only to see the final credits which showed the doco was made in [B]2010[/B].

Trump has always been Trump.
Yeah I watched that 30 for 30 too. Pretty clear Trump ruined that league too. ETTD
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:34 PM 01-08-2021
60 lost lawsuits and a Supreme Court rejection weren't enough?

Do you really think that wasting the time of the House and Senate with yet another investigation, while in the middle of a pandemic that grows worse every hour, will lead to any new revelations?

The votes have been certified. It's done.
They had plenty of time for two phony impeachments and waste millions on the Russia scam- but when it comes to election security when they WIN- nope, too busy with the pandemic to even spend a day talking about it.

Fair and Honest elections are one of the bedrock foundations of this country- you make the time to make 100% sure.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:45 PM 01-08-2021
I have an awkward question.

I was reading somewhere about a big effort in Scotland around security, and it was speculated that Trump was going to go there after the election. I don't know if that's temporary or permanent.

But it occurred to me that we provide services to ex-presidents, and with the size of Trump's ego he's going to want anything and everything whether he needs it or not. He'll cost the taxpayers some untold amount of money every year by requiring an army of secret service people to follow him around and make him feel important every time he walks out the door.

This annoys me. But the truth is that he's an ex-president, and ex-presidents realistically require security.

If he gets impeached, does he still get all that stuff? Can the US set some sort of reasonable limit so he doesn't continually drain the treasury by holding parades for himself? What's the situation here?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:45 PM 01-08-2021
They had plenty of time for two phony impeachments and waste millions on the Russia scam- but when it comes to election security when they WIN- nope, too busy with the pandemic to even spend a day talking about it.

Fair and Honest elections are one of the bedrock foundations of this country- you make the time to make 100% sure.

They only have time for real things not made up stuff.
[Reply]
Pogue 09:52 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Why is it suicide? Are the MAGAts going to be just as devoted to Senator haircut as Trump? I doubt that very much.
Itíll cause irreparable damage for those that voted for Trump, voters will just go somewhere else. Itís happened before and killed a certain GOPe President chances of re-election after stabbing his base in the back.

GOPe President was left crying to his wife as the returns came in on election night.
[Reply]
banyon 09:54 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Itíll cause irreparable damage for those that voted for Trump, voters will just go somewhere else. Itís happened before and killed a certain GOPe President chances of re-election after stabbing his base in the back.

GOPe President was left crying to his wife as the returns came in on election night.
This has never happened before. Who are you talking about? John Tyler?
[Reply]
Pogue 09:57 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
They only have time for real things not made up stuff.
Real things like impeachment over the Ukraine call, not the COVID-19 outbreak in February?
[Reply]
Pogue 10:04 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
This has never happened before. Who are you talking about? John Tyler?

[Reply]
banyon 10:06 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
What did GHWB do to stab his base in the back? I donít remember that?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:32 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have an awkward question.

I was reading somewhere about a big effort in Scotland around security, and it was speculated that Trump was going to go there after the election. I don't know if that's temporary or permanent.

But it occurred to me that we provide services to ex-presidents, and with the size of Trump's ego he's going to want anything and everything whether he needs it or not. He'll cost the taxpayers some untold amount of money every year by requiring an army of secret service people to follow him around and make him feel important every time he walks out the door.

This annoys me. But the truth is that he's an ex-president, and ex-presidents realistically require security.

If he gets impeached, does he still get all that stuff? Can the US set some sort of reasonable limit so he doesn't continually drain the treasury by holding parades for himself? What's the situation here?
I assume you mean impeached AND convicted/removed from office. In that case, they would not get the usual stuff but still would get secret service.

However, the law says something about being removed prior to your term ending. Should Trump be impeached AND convicted, it would likely be after his term would have naturally ended. So, I'd think he'd still get the stuff, I guess.

I think in the 1990s, the law was changed to limit secret service protection to 10 years, but it was later changed back to lifetime.

Also, Nixon is the only former pres to waive his protection, which he did in the 80s.
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:32 PM 01-08-2021

1). The investigation turned a profit based on recoveries from Manafort.
2). Dems attempted to pass election security legislation, but Republicans resisted.
3). Russia was a player with Trumps campaign, on many levels...financial, Hilary emails, social media. While Trump, his family and his campaign lied about contacts, and earned an investigation...that you could learn about, if you chose to.
4). Trump lost the popular vote in 2016, never achieved 50% approval, and got smoked in 2020, lied about election fraud, to collect money for his own personal use, failed 60 times in court and multiple recounts to find any fraud of substance..unless you want to acknowledge Republicans using dead people ballot to vote for Trump.
5). You are about as gullible as they come.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up