ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
Shields68 04:23 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nothing new here, except for you indulging in your confirmation bias. She's always been an anti-Trumper and votes like a Democrat.

Move along now. He doesn't need to get out until his deadline to get out.
Well she did lose the Republican primary, got elected primarily due to Democrat support so ...
[Reply]
BDj23 04:23 PM 01-08-2021

[Reply]
banyon 06:36 PM 01-08-2021
Just heard interesting angle: how many Republicans might sign onto removal to ensure the field in 2024 is clear for themselves or others they align with (Because the impeachment clause contains language about being prevented from holding federal office again)?

There are probably some moderate votes at this point: Murkowski, Romney, Collins, maybe Thune, Rounds, Portman, Toomey. But this angle would add the Senators motivated not by a sense of duty but by a sense of craven political self interest. There has to be another 10 votes there, right?
[Reply]
banyon 06:40 PM 01-08-2021
Woah:

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has been personally involved in discussions about invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office, but is highly unlikely to pursue that course of action, according to three people aware of his remarks. https://t.co/CQ794zykqm

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
Pogue 06:43 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Just heard interesting angle: how many Republicans might sign onto removal to ensure the field in 2024 is clear for themselves or others they align with (Because the impeachment clause contains language about being prevented from holding federal office again)?

There are probably some moderate votes at this point: Murkowski, Romney, Collins, maybe Thune, Rounds, Portman, Toomey. But this angle would add the Senators motivated not by a sense of duty but by a sense of craven political self interest. There has to be another 10 votes there, right?
If the GOP wants to commit suicide, sure.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:01 PM 01-08-2021
The Commie Dems will not be happy until every Trump Supporter is lined up against the wall and shot.

Pelosi is a fucking maniac.
[Reply]
banyon 07:02 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Why is it suicide? Are the MAGAts going to be just as devoted to Senator haircut as Trump? I doubt that very much.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 07:26 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Murkowski just dragging Trump.

ďI think he should leave. He said heís not going to show up. Heís not going to appear at the at the inauguration. He hasnít been focused on what is going on with COVID. Heís either been golfing or heís been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice president. He doesnít want to stay there. He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I donít think heís capable of doing a good thing,Ē she said.
As an Alaskan, she is and always has been a liberal. She was appointed the first go around by her dad who was governor at the time. (cause you know nepotism runs rampant up here) then she won re-election by bribing the natives with free land deals. Then when she got primaried out she ran as an Independent, the democrat dropped out so she could run against the republican. And that still wasnít enough so she gave even more land to the native corporations for their support. I think they did it as a land trade or whatever so acres of worthless land was traded from the native corps and in return the land they received was prime ready for development federal land.
[Reply]
2112 07:31 PM 01-08-2021
Woah:

Embarrassing.

You know, over 20 years ago Steve Wynn wanted to build a road in Atlantic City (Borgata way) from the AC expressway to the bay. Trump owned Trump castle back then (the kingdom by the bay). He had his face on the chips. Long story short, Trump fought Wynn on that and lost and it pissed Wynn off. Fast forward years later Trump builds his hotel in Vegas and canít get a gaming license...because? Steve Wynn said uh....no...He just doesnít know when to shut his mouth or think about consequences. The guy has never been held accountable for anything in his life and the way he acted after the election was embarrassing. He just needs to go away and shut his mouth at this point.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:14 PM 01-08-2021

I don't think the actual mechanics of counting to 18 will be super relevant. Like it's either <10 (maybe add Sasse to your list) or it's like the same number that voted to affirm the election (so only 7 holdouts).

Actual removal kind of hinges on McConnell.
[Reply]
jettio 08:55 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Is Trump a trained falconer that will be able to get his messages out of prison via aviary messengers? Are the birds going to know to show up during his one hour of yard time?
[Reply]
banyon 08:58 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I don't think the actual mechanics of counting to 18 will be super relevant. Like it's either <10 (maybe add Sasse to your list) or it's like the same number that voted to affirm the election (so only 7 holdouts).

Actual removal kind of hinges on McConnell.
They need 18, so I think the second dynamic could be needed. But yeah the turtle is already threatening to slow walk everything promising to have the trial
On Jan 19 or 20.
[Reply]
banyon 09:00 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Embarrassing.

You know, over 20 years ago Steve Wynn wanted to build a road in Atlantic City (Borgata way) from the AC expressway to the bay. Trump owned Trump castle back then (the kingdom by the bay). He had his face on the chips. Long story short, Trump fought Wynn on that and lost and it pissed Wynn off. Fast forward years later Trump builds his hotel in Vegas and canít get a gaming license...because? Steve Wynn said uh....no...He just doesnít know when to shut his mouth or think about consequences. The guy has never been held accountable for anything in his life and the way he acted after the election was embarrassing. He just needs to go away and shut his mouth at this point.
Well you have probably known more about Trump for longer than most people here living where you live so that makes sense to me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:11 PM 01-08-2021
Congress can't be bothered to look into Massive election fraud in several states, but they always have time to buy matching slave outfits and put on skits.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:12 PM 01-08-2021
Well you have probably known more about Trump for longer than most people here living where you live so that makes sense to me.
Trump couldn't win his home district nor his own state (or neighboring states for that matter) so yeah, East Coaster know all about Trump and his shenanigans.

Despite having ESPN+ since last November in the Disney+ bundle, I'd never checked it out. I was flipping through ESPN+ a few weeks back and came across a documentary about the USFL. I was HUGE USFL fan because the game was super fun and featured future superstars such as Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Reggie White, Mike Rozier and on and on.

About halfway through, it became basically about Trump, because he made the genious decision to go up against the NFL. And I'm sitting there watching this thing and thinking, "WTF? Why is he shitting on everyone and talking like a know-it-all tyrant? Does he want to lose the election???".

After it was over, I watched the credits, as I always do to find out which Music Libraries were used or which composer did the score, only to see the final credits which showed the doco was made in [B]2010[/B].

Trump has always been Trump.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up