ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 03:40 PM 01-08-2021
Nancyís doing the Republicans a favor
[Reply]
Pogue 03:43 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
It's his budget request. He is free to change what State sent to him. He's supposed to review it and make changes to it if he doesn't like it. he has people in WH Senior staff (or he should have if he hadn't filled it with grifters and family members) who can do that kind of thing. He was in control of that process even if he was too lazy or incompetent to realize it.
So, what are you complaining about? :-)

He wanted it removed and direct payments to the people. Yet, you guys latch on to a budget proposal before the pandemic, and ignore the consequences of shutdowns. Itís amazing to watch how dumb some people are that fall for this story from CNN.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:47 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Some Trump voters only vote when Trump is on the ballot. Apparently, one strength of the recent Trump campaign was to find people that liked him but had never voted before and have them be brand new voters.
You ought to know better that is speculation that his campaign sought such people intentionally.

Since Trump said yesterday that is in favor of criminal prosecution of the people who invaded the Capitol after he suggested it. Seems like nearly all of those voters are going to go back to not voting at all.[/QUOTE]

Please quote where he suggested they "invade" the Capitol particularly when there is a gallery to watch the Senate and the House for the public.

No, I think if Trump backs a populist, they will. Afterall, many of them said they stopped voting before until him. It just takes the right issues. I didn't care for him at first, until he dressed down Jeb Bush calling-out his brother lying us into a war. That's what got my attention. So all the people who hated him after that I hated too. But I was mad he renegged on working with the Iran agreement but he'd "inspect, inspect, inspect."
The Democrats started too many wars after Bush though, so they were out in my book. I'm surprised you're still in with them after you posts on the Iraq War.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:49 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
When do the new Georgia Senators get seated?

I think John Roberts and Joe Biden would be cool with it, if it was just the Georgia phone call, Trump family enjoying the riot on television and hiring Rudy Giuliani hair dye.

If it was just a few hours and a straight vote, nobody would mind. Most of those people that get jobs as US Senators and Chief Justice believe that the United States of America is worthy of honor and that Trump has diminished it.
That's actually kind of an unusual situation. They won't be seated until GA certifies the results and are sworn in. In the meantime, Perdue is already out because his term was up Jan 3 or whatever.

But because she was a fill-in whose term wasn't up, Loeffler remains in the Senate until her replacement is certified and sworn in.

That could be after the Biden inauguration, which would also mean that Mitch could also still be majority leader after the inauguration, at least for a little while.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:52 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Pre-pandemic, and they were line items requested by the state department, which isnít exactly full of trumpers.
Trump isn't responsible for his budget request:-)
[Reply]
banyon 03:52 PM 01-08-2021
So, what are you complaining about? :-)

He wanted it removed and direct payments to the people. Yet, you guys latch on to a budget proposal before the pandemic, and ignore the consequences of shutdowns. It’s amazing to watch how dumb some people are that fall for this story from CNN.
Is your position really that "Pakistani gender studies" was a good idea pre pandemic, but not post? That's what justifies Trump bitching and not knowing what was in his own budget request?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:59 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I surprisingly do not disagree with the above. Actually it is what I said.
Except that a person who is facing impeachment is going to have certain due process rights. Sure they may differ from criminal due process rights, but you can not take a persons job he was duly elected for without giving him some fundamental rights. Rushing a hearing in within 2 weeks would violate all sorts of rights.
No, it wouldn't. An impeachment is like a grand jury indictment. There isn't a right to cross examine and such like in a trial. He'd have more "rights" at the trial phase in the Senate. I don't think he really has much to speak of during the impeachment, despite the protests otherwise the first time we went through this. This might surprise you, but Trump and his people were misleading you about the rights he was owed.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:04 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
No, it wouldn't. An impeachment is like a grand jury indictment. There isn't a right to cross examine and such like in a trial. He'd have more "rights" at the trial phase in the Senate. I don't think he really has much to speak of during the impeachment, despite the protests otherwise the first time we went through this. This might surprise you, but Trump and his people were misleading you about the rights he was owed.
Well the discussion was about if there was enough senate votes to convict him. My response was does not matter if there were there is only 2 weeks. Baynon said they could do it he is not given those rights. The whole discussion could they pass impeachment and convict him in two weeks.
[Reply]
jettio 04:06 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
That's actually kind of an unusual situation. They won't be seated until GA certifies the results and are sworn in. In the meantime, Perdue is already out because his term was up Jan 3 or whatever.

But because she was a fill-in whose term wasn't up, Loeffler remains in the Senate until her replacement is certified and sworn in.

That could be after the Biden inauguration, which would also mean that Mitch could also still be majority leader after the inauguration, at least for a little while.
Yes, I was thinking an impeachment vote within a day or two after articles are sent over from House before Inauguration.

If Senate trial were after January 20, and Trump is already out, the main political beneficiaries would be the GOP and their big money donors.

For Democrats, the benefit would be defending national ideals and removing the guy that tried to intimidate all the GOP elected officials into breaking the law to help him. Seems to me that he implicitly threatened a lot of people to break the law. Probably similar calls to every battleground states' top GOP elected asking for them to commit fraud and break election laws. He threatened Pence and tried to make him break the law.

If the House sends Articles over. I think it is more likely that enough GOP Senators join to come really close to 67%. GOP would do itself a big favor to go well over 67%. Getting to 60%+ but less than 67% and leaving Trump free to mess their stuff up would be by far the best result for the Democrats.

Trump probably ends up facing criminal charges for other stuff and a lot of stupid people think it would be political instead of the simpler explanation that he has done illegal stuff.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:10 PM 01-08-2021
Murkowski just dragging Trump.

ďI think he should leave. He said heís not going to show up. Heís not going to appear at the at the inauguration. He hasnít been focused on what is going on with COVID. Heís either been golfing or heís been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice president. He doesnít want to stay there. He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I donít think heís capable of doing a good thing,Ē she said.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:10 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Where the fuck do YOU live?
:-)

In his own little world, man. In his own little world.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:10 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Is your position really that "Pakistani gender studies" was a good idea pre pandemic, but not post? That's what justifies Trump bitching and not knowing what was in his own budget request?
At least you acknowledge the budget was pre-pandemic and Trump is allowed to change his budget based on the circumstances, in this case the pandemic. Itís more important to get relief, direct payments to people than overseas spending.

For some reason or other, Cosmo is angry that Trump wanted 2k for people instead of the overseas spending.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:15 PM 01-08-2021
Where do you live?

We all know that you're in no way, shape or form, a Chiefs fan so where do you live?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:16 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Murkowski just dragging Trump.

ďI think he should leave. He said heís not going to show up. Heís not going to appear at the at the inauguration. He hasnít been focused on what is going on with COVID. Heís either been golfing or heís been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice president. He doesnít want to stay there. He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I donít think heís capable of doing a good thing,Ē she said.
Nothing new here, except for you indulging in your confirmation bias. She's always been an anti-Trumper and votes like a Democrat.

Move along now. He doesn't need to get out until his deadline to get out.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:21 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nothing new here, except for you indulging in your confirmation bias. She's always been an anti-Trumper and votes like a Democrat.

Move along now. He doesn't need to get out until his deadline to get out.
We know who she grovels to.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up