ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 41
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:48 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
1 year from now:

"Remember how all you guys were foaming at the mouth to impeach Trump a second time? You guys set the precedent, that's why we are for impeaching Biden over his taking the incorrect spare change out of the White House vending machine."
I have no doubt that if there was a R majority in the House, they would impeach Biden for something, probably at this point over something they could try to put together from Hunter's laptop. I think it's a real issue for after the midterms as well if they take the House.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:51 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I have no doubt that if there was a R majority in the House, they would impeach Biden for something, probably at this point over something they could try to put together from Hunter's laptop. I think it's a real issue for after the midterms as well if they take the House.
Mitch and Biden are BFFs, it wouldn’t happen.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:52 PM 01-08-2021
So I am late to all the details of this story but just read something saying Pelosi plans to impeach because he will "not resign willingly?"

The New York Times, Fox News and other reporters privy to a conference call between the lawmakers. https://twitter.com/i/events/1346986230865481732

That's his high crime and misdemeanor? :-)

Over some behavior of his supporters as if he controls all of them.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:58 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
So I am late to all the details of this story but just read something saying Pelosi plans to impeach because he will "not resign willingly?"

The New York Times, Fox News and other reporters privy to a conference call between the lawmakers. https://twitter.com/i/events/1346986230865481732

That's his high crime and misdemeanor? :-)

Over some behavior of his supporters as if he controls all of them.
This has been a liberal fantasy for four years. No reason to actually argue facts, let them dream that they can impeach him in 2 weeks. Work a long weekend, get the house to vote next week. Pelosi to rush order a few pens in and surely Roberts and the Senate will impeach him before he even hires counsel.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:58 PM 01-08-2021
At least Dems aren't wasting any time proving their words about healing divisions and coming together are complete and utter bullshit.

The average red voter can expect the same.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:00 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
This has been a liberal fantasy for four years. No reason to actually argue facts, let them dream that they can impeach him in 2 weeks. Work a long weekend, get the house to vote next week. Pelosi to rush order a few pens in and surely Roberts and the Senate will impeach him before he even hires counsel.
So basically, he's being punished for his political speech which he considers to be true 100%. It's just like how conservatives get punished for speaking on FB, twitter and You Tube. I see where this is going. All this is far more dangerous than what Trump said since they're inciting a lot more and a lot more people—especially if Trump really won in a landslide.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:02 PM 01-08-2021
Here's the thing. Through impeachment, Trump could be made ineligible to run for 2024.

This might legitimately be the Republican's only chance at not having a shiatshow primary in what might be an open election.

It may be time for McConnell to 'lose control' of the party and let this happen.
[Reply]
jettio 03:03 PM 01-08-2021
GOP big money donors would love to see Trump impeached and convicted if it barred him from ever holding federal office again.

Trump would not be able to jump into 2024 primaries.

GOP big money donors know that Trump is likely to hinder the GOP as long as he is involved and they end up spending more good money after bad if Trump is involved in any way.

Not sure why any Trump supporter cares about what Congress does over the next 2 weeks?
[Reply]
Donger 03:04 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Here's the thing. Through impeachment, Trump could be made ineligible to run for 2024.

This might legitimately be the Republican's only chance at not having a shiatshow primary in what might be an open election.

It may be time for McConnell to 'lose control' of the party and let this happen.
He's already been impeached. He has to be convicted and removed from office to become ineligible for future office.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:05 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
1 year from now:

"Remember how all you guys were foaming at the mouth to impeach Trump a second time? You guys set the precedent, that's why we are for impeaching Biden over his taking the incorrect spare change out of the White House vending machine."
Stop letting what the people who just stormed the Capitol to stop a lawfully election opinion decide the right course of action.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:06 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
He's already been impeached. He has to be convicted and removed from office to become ineligible for future office.
I guess you didnt read my whole post down to the part about the Senate majority leader then letting it happen, thus implying the senate also take action.

It's okay. I know you dont bother reading things in your lame gotcha attempts.

Better luck next time.
[Reply]
jettio 03:07 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Trump deserves every bit of rebuke and punishment that is available.

That said, impeachment is a waste of time that isn't going to succeed in removing him, will give his defenders an additional platform to speak for him, and will probably only serve to give him a bit of sympathy from those who think he is disgusting but think impeachment goes a bit too far.

As for the chance to remove him as a candidate for 2024, that's the Rs problem. Let him run and let them deal with it.
The first impeachment was not a strategic choice. Trump offended the Democratic leaders perception of loyalty to national ideals.

This impeachment would be the same. it would not be a cold-blooded strategy, it is more like, they believe in something and not impeaching him would be disloyal to honoring their beliefs.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:08 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I get that. I also understand that it does not bear a relationship to criminal due process. But the process still has to be fair and the Supreme Court would find there to be certain due process rights. Right to present evidence and know the actual articles of impeachment. That is not happening in two weeks. Roberts would be a fool if he even thinks about scheduling anything within a week after it is filed in the Senate, he would make sure it is a moot proceeding and not waste his time on a political stunt.
You're wrong. First, impeachment is not a criminal court. The trial phase in the Senate is not even a criminal court, but the impeachment phase, which is more like a grand jury indictment, does not afford all the due process rights like in a criminal court proceeding.

"Due process" is not a standard set of rights. It means "the process that is due." And the "process that is due" varies by the circumstances and setting.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:08 PM 01-08-2021
Trump incited an attack on the Capitol to stop a lawful election.

If you dont act on that, then your only inviting similar behavior.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:10 PM 01-08-2021
They are scared of a Trump 2024 campaign. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 41
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up