ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 40
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
Detoxing 02:14 PM 01-08-2021
I assume this is a desperate attempt to prevent him from running in 2024.
[Reply]
Donger 02:14 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Hahahhaha! This post has to be a joke.
Why do you say that, Bitch?
[Reply]
Shields68 02:14 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Unless they have 18 votes in the Senate, I tend to agree.
Hypothetically say they did. Like do you think that this can be rammed through and he would not be allowed to present a defense in like 2 weeks?

LOL
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:15 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why do you say that, Bitch?
Cause it was really stupid lol
[Reply]
Donger 02:16 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Cause it was really stupid lol
Care to elaborate, Bitch?
[Reply]
Pogue 02:19 PM 01-08-2021
Hope they do it! Going to be fun to watch.
[Reply]
banyon 02:19 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Hypothetically say they did. Like do you think that this can be rammed through and he would not be allowed to present a defense in like 2 weeks?

LOL
There aren't really any rules on what the Senate Trial must consist of. That's why they didn't have to call witnesses in Part I.

It does not bear any relationship to the rights of a criminal trial or criminal due process.

I would think they would give him an opportunity to present what he wanted to.

There is some talk of this crossing over into the next congress, which would afford the process more time.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:25 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Hope they do it! Going to be fun to watch.
Some people are very, very afraid of him if they seek to do this. He's a real threat to their globalist agenda should he attempt to run again—that's what they fear.

banyon is having multiple cascading orgasms right now.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:30 PM 01-08-2021
Trump deserves every bit of rebuke and punishment that is available.

That said, impeachment is a waste of time that isn't going to succeed in removing him, will give his defenders an additional platform to speak for him, and will probably only serve to give him a bit of sympathy from those who think he is disgusting but think impeachment goes a bit too far.

As for the chance to remove him as a candidate for 2024, that's the Rs problem. Let him run and let them deal with it.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:32 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Some people are very, very afraid of him if they seek to do this. He's a real threat to their globalist agenda should he attempt to run againóthat's what they fear.

banyon is having multiple cascading orgasms right now.
The peaceful protests a couple days ago really spooked them. I donít think they thought that many people would show.

Trump should come out and welcome this development, saying heís all for peaceful transfer of power but the democrats are making it tough to do.
[Reply]
banyon 02:32 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Trump deserves every bit of rebuke and punishment that is available.

That said, impeachment is a waste of time that isn't going to succeed in removing him, will give his defenders an additional platform to speak for him, and will probably only serve to give him a bit of sympathy from those who think he is disgusting but think impeachment goes a bit too far.

As for the chance to remove him as a candidate for 2024, that's the Rs problem. Let him run and let them deal with it.
1 year from now:

"Remember how all you guys were foaming at the mouth to impeach Trump a second time? You guys set the precedent, that's why we are for impeaching Biden over his taking the incorrect spare change out of the White House vending machine."
[Reply]
banyon 02:38 PM 01-08-2021
added the article draft above
[Reply]
Shields68 02:43 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
There aren't really any rules on what the Senate Trial must consist of. That's why they didn't have to call witnesses in Part I.

It does not bear any relationship to the rights of a criminal trial or criminal due process.

I would think they would give him an opportunity to present what he wanted to.

There is some talk of this crossing over into the next congress, which would afford the process more time.
I get that. I also understand that it does not bear a relationship to criminal due process. But the process still has to be fair and the Supreme Court would find there to be certain due process rights. Right to present evidence and know the actual articles of impeachment. That is not happening in two weeks. Roberts would be a fool if he even thinks about scheduling anything within a week after it is filed in the Senate, he would make sure it is a moot proceeding and not waste his time on a political stunt.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:44 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I assume this is a desperate attempt to prevent him from running in 2024.
Thatís exactly what this is.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:46 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The peaceful protests a couple days ago really spooked them. I don’t think they thought that many people would show.

Trump should come out and welcome this development, saying he’s all for peaceful transfer of power but the democrats are making it tough to do.
Yeah. It also shows how vicious the left is when a man is on his way out, they feel compelled to still destroy him. They're just like Stalin but can't get away yet with doing it his way—YET! Very sick and evil people.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 40
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up