ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Staylor26s Holiday Mock (All rounds)
staylor26 03:10 PM 12-22-2020
* Chiefs receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 and 2022 after Bieniemy gets a HC job

* Chiefs get a 4th round comp pick for Kendall Fuller

* Chiefs get a 5th round comp pick for Emmanuel Ogbah

1. Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia- The Chiefs take the young pass rusher from Georgia who has a great combination of explosion and ability to bend the edge. Ojulari was one of the best pass rushers in the SEC this year and should be able to start right away opposite of Clark. Biggest need of 2021 IMO.

2. Chazz Surratt, LB, UNC- I promise Im not just copying kccrow with this pick. I love Surratt and think hed be a perfect fit to pair with Gay for the foreseeable future. Surratt and Gay both have great size and speed, and they both can get after the QB too. The possibilities for Spags blitz packages are endless with these two on the field together.

3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma St.- Wallace is an ideal replacement for Watkins at the X. Like Watkins, he has enough speed to be a fit in this offense while offering you a different skill set from Hardman and Hill. This team needs to take a page out of the Steelers draft playbook and take a WR just about every year as long as Mahomes is our QB.

3. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa- Pass blocking is most important when looking for OL in this offense, and Linderbaum whos relatively new to playing OL, is already looking like a great pass blocker. Unlike Reiter, I think he can develop into a decent run blocker as well.

4. Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin-Finally they invest in that TE2 spot. Ferguson is like a poor mans Kelce with his ability after the catch. I think hes a perfect fit for this offense and would give us somebody who could potentially replace Kelce in the future or at least fill in if Kelce were to get injured at any time in the next few years.

4. Caden Sterns, S, Texas- I think safety is quietly a need going into 2021 Id like to see the Chiefs have the kind of depth at safety that they currently have at corner. Stern is an upside pick that hasnt quite lived up to his hype/potential. I trust the staff to get the most out of a pick like this.

5. Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech- Herbert is a very good all-around 3 down RB with a good combination of size and athleticism. He fits the profile for Chiefs RBs and would be an upgrade over Williams and Thompson. He can become RB2 in 2022 when the Chiefs eventually lose Damien.

5. Alaric Jackson, OL, Iowa- the Chiefs add another member of the Hawkeyes OL in Jackson. Jackson has started at LT for Iowa, but I think G is his position in the NFL. Andy loves drafting college Ts and converting them to IOL.

6. Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia/Wake Forest- Newman is a guy that was being talked about as a potential 1st round pick at one point. I definitely wasnt buying that, but hes worth a shot late as a potential cheap backup option for Mahomes. Were getting to a point where we should be drafting QBs every other year maybe turning one into a higher draft pick later on.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:36 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
* Chiefs receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 and 2022 after Bieniemy gets a HC job

* Chiefs get a 4th round comp pick for Kendall Fuller

* Chiefs get a 5th round comp pick for Emmanuel Ogbah

1. Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia- The Chiefs take the young pass rusher from Georgia who has a great combination of explosion and ability to bend the edge. Ojulari was one of the best pass rushers in the SEC this year and should be able to start right away opposite of Clark. Biggest need of 2021 IMO.

2. Chazz Surratt, LB, UNC- I promise Im not just copying kccrow with this pick. I love Surratt and think hed be a perfect fit to pair with Gay for the foreseeable future. Surratt and Gay both have great size and speed, and they both can get after the QB too. The possibilities for Spags blitz packages are endless with these two on the field together.

3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma St.- Wallace is an ideal replacement for Watkins at the X. Like Watkins, he has enough speed to be a fit in this offense while offering you a different skill set from Hardman and Hill. This team needs to take a page out of the Steelers draft playbook and take a WR just about every year as long as Mahomes is our QB.

3. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa- Pass blocking is most important when looking for OL in this offense, and Linderbaum whos relatively new to playing OL, is already looking like a great pass blocker. Unlike Reiter, I think he can develop into a decent run blocker as well.

4. Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin-Finally they invest in that TE2 spot. Ferguson is like a poor mans Kelce with his ability after the catch. I think hes a perfect fit for this offense and would give us somebody who could potentially replace Kelce in the future or at least fill in if Kelce were to get injured at any time in the next few years.

4. Caden Sterns, S, Texas- I think safety is quietly a need going into 2021 Id like to see the Chiefs have the kind of depth at safety that they currently have at corner. Stern is an upside pick that hasnt quite lived up to his hype/potential. I trust the staff to get the most out of a pick like this.

5. Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech- Herbert is a very good all-around 3 down RB with a good combination of size and athleticism. He fits the profile for Chiefs RBs and would be an upgrade over Williams and Thompson. He can become RB2 in 2022 when the Chiefs eventually lose Damien.

5. Alaric Jackson, OL, Iowa- the Chiefs add another member of the Hawkeyes OL in Jackson. Jackson has started at LT for Iowa, but I think G is his position in the NFL. Andy loves drafting college Ts and converting them to IOL.

6. Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia/Wake Forest- Newman is a guy that was being talked about as a potential 1st round pick at one point. I definitely wasnt buying that, but hes worth a shot late as a potential cheap backup option for Mahomes. Were getting to a point where we should be drafting QBs every other year maybe turning one into a higher draft pick later on.
Nailed it.

As an offensive line homer, I always pound the table for some Hawkeye linemen, but Linderbaum is exactly what we need. He's new to the position, but dominating. He's a wrestler, and exactly the type of center we need. I do think he's going to rise up the draft boards, I doubt you get him late in the 3rd. Alaric Jackson would be a good pick too, especially at that spot. I he's probably available in the 4th or 5th rounds. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's really cut weight by adapting to a vegan life style. Not sure how that really works with the position he plays. I mean you got to ear a lot of beans and peanuts to get the protein one needs to retain a 300+ body.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Nailed it.

As an offensive line homer, I always pound the table for some Hawkeye linemen, but Linderbaum is exactly what we need. He's new to the position, but dominating. He's a wrestler, and exactly the type of center we need. I do think he's going to rise up the draft boards, I doubt you get him late in the 3rd. Alaric Jackson would be a good pick too, especially at that spot. I he's probably available in the 4th or 5th rounds. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's really cut weight by adapting to a vegan life style. Not sure how that really works with the position he plays. I mean you got to ear a lot of beans and peanuts to get the protein one needs to retain a 300+ body.
There's tons of plant-based protein supplements on the market. It's really not hard to be Vegan and get in your protein if you have a proper nutritionist, which I'm sure he does.
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 12-23-2020
I'd rather have Phillips at DE if he were available.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:07 PM 12-23-2020
Ojulari is a great pass rusher. He just has a lot of natural ability. If he makes it to 32, that would be a really high-value selection. I agree that he could split some time with Danna. If he's playing RE, I think he holds up fine in this scheme, especially if he is getting swapped on run downs.

I really like the mock overall. I don't know much about Chazz Surratt, but if staylor and crow sign off on him, it's good enough for me.

I think that may be the spot KC has to pop for an IOL (Josh Myers? Linderbaum if his stock rises).
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather have Phillips at DE if he were available.
Shhh were not quite there yet, Im saving that one. The 1at round hype is starting to build for him and I was very close to going with him because Ojulari making it to our pick is 50/50 at best.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:54 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ojulari is a great pass rusher. He just has a lot of natural ability. If he makes it to 32, that would be a really high-value selection. I agree that he could split some time with Danna. If he's playing RE, I think he holds up fine in this scheme, especially if he is getting swapped on run downs.

I really like the mock overall. I don't know much about Chazz Surratt, but if staylor and crow sign off on him, it's good enough for me.

I think that may be the spot KC has to pop for an IOL (Josh Myers? Linderbaum if his stock rises).
Didn’t mean to downvote bud, my bad.

My thinking is you use Danna on early downs and Ojulari comes in opposite of Clark on obvious passing downs in year 1.

Then in year 2 you have some flexibility should you cut Clark. By then, Danna might be ready to take that LDE spot full time and and Ojulari would be your RDE.
[Reply]
O.city 04:38 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Shhh were not quite there yet, Im saving that one. The 1at round hype is starting to build for him and I was very close to going with him because Ojulari making it to our pick is 50/50 at best.
He's a stud. I'm hopefull it stays low and he's there at 32. He'd be my early pick but I admittedly haven't paid any attention to college football this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:43 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's a stud. I'm hopefull it stays low and he's there at 32. He'd be my early pick but I admittedly haven't paid any attention to college football this year.
He’s the kind of big swing you take at 30-32 if possible.

He’s a top 15 talent.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:54 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hes the kind of big swing you take at 30-32 if possible.

Hes a top 15 talent.
I think you're being a bit overzealous there. Jones is a far better player with far more production and he's being unanimously rated in the late 1st.

I like the kid and wouldn't be opposed to the pick but I think the 1st could be a lofty projection based on one year of production unless there's a run on edge players earlier than expected.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:45 AM 12-24-2020
this is going to be the weirdest draft ever.

Teams with solid scouting situations and front offices are going to clean up over teams in disarray. There will be a lot of kids that are all over the place in prospect rankings. More busts than ever, and more kids that are picked low or UDFA's that turn out to be stars.

I feel good knowing Veach and company know exactly what they're looking for.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think you're being a bit overzealous there. Jones is a far better player with far more production and he's being unanimously rated in the late 1st.

I like the kid and wouldn't be opposed to the pick but I think the 1st could be a lofty projection based on one year of production unless there's a run on edge players earlier than expected.
I disagree. The only question with him is the injury history. He’s always had and flashed that elite talent, and he was absolutely dominant at times down the stretch this year. He was every bit as good as GR last year who is a projected top 15 pick, but not as raw (and not quite as high of a ceiling).As a Hurricanes fan that is far from a homer when it comes to prospect evaluations, he’s the real deal and will be a steal as long as he stays healthy. That’s the big question mark that’s keeping me from saying he’s a sure 1st rounder. But that’s it. The buzz is absolutely there though, as I’ve been seeing him in the 1st round in several mocks this week.

By the way, I love Jones too, and he’s one of those edge rushers that I’m look at in the 1st.

I think there are 4 edge rushers I could see being the pick in the 1st:

Ojulari
Jones
Phillips
Oweh

It’s still early though, so no telling how that sorts out for me come draft day. I just know I’d be happy with any of them.
[Reply]
Wilson8 07:39 PM 12-24-2020
I like it. I think it would address many of KC's needs.

I've seen DE Jaelan Phillips, Miami, in mock drafts going as high as 9 and most have him going before the Chiefs probable draft pick, but the other 3 DE/OLB that you mention, seem like a good possibility.

I like LB Chazz Surratt a lot. It will be interesting on his actual size. He is listed at 225 to 230, but it is possible he actually played closer to 220.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:09 PM 12-26-2020
What do you think of Rashawn Slater from Northwestern? Arrowhead Addict put out a mock draft where we trade out of the 1st and take him at 38. They then double down and take Alex Leatherwood at 53. I think that going T with our first 2 picks would be a mistake. But I wouldn't be opposed to using 1 of those picks
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 12-27-2020
Pass rusher is very important. I don’t know much about them, but I do know that the Chiefs better not pass up on that Penn State TE if he’s there.

Kelce is the 2nd most important player on this team and he’s not getting any younger. A TE is vital to our offense, so why not have 2 studs for 5 years cheap and prepare for life after Kelce?

Makes too much sense. Plus that Kelce scare today really opened my eyes to how fucked the offense would be without any TE worth a shit
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:10 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pass rusher is very important. I dont know much about them, but I do know that the Chiefs better not pass up on that Penn State TE if hes there.

Kelce is the 2nd most important player on this team and hes not getting any younger. A TE is vital to our offense, so why not have 2 studs for 5 years cheap and prepare for life after Kelce?

Makes too much sense. Plus that Kelce scare today really opened my eyes to how fucked the offense would be without any TE worth a shit

Freiermuth would be an acceptable use of that end of 1st pick IF there is not a WR or DE they like more and if theyre planning to run more 12 personnel.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up