ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>John Bolton: avoided Vietmam service. “War was already lost”
Prison Bitch 10:18 PM 05-29-2019
Knock me over with a feather: another cowardly Chickenhawk exposed as a draft dodger:

John Bolton, Trump’s New War Consigliere, Dodged The ‘Already Lost’ Vietnam War
Adam Weinstein

“I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy… I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.” John Bolton 1995

Bolton said nuts to that, later writing in a memoir that he “wasn’t going to waste time on a futile struggle” in Vietnam. (The memoir’s title, by the way, is Surrender Is Not An Option.)

https://taskandpurpose.com/john-bolt...st-vietnam-war

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:29 PM 06-01-2019
No
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:38 PM 06-01-2019
Well then, you a coward with no party I guess.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:49 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
They had been married for less than a year at that point, it's really not unheard of for newlyweds to be boofin'
He was “boofin” like crazy when he found out he was eligible for war.
[Reply]
Coyote 08:20 AM 06-02-2019
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...on-the-warpath

I am in Jim Mattis’s, John Kelly ‘s and still serving Joe Dunford’s club and don’t think much of the current NS advisor. I guess we are stereotypical but I’ve been in multiple working groups with Bolton when he had lower billets, so my distaste is my own but colored by the Marine Mafia. We basically ignored him but you just can’t ignore the Advisor to the President very long.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...on-the-warpath

I am in Jim Mattis’s, John Kelly ‘s and still serving Joe Dunford’s club and don’t think much of the current NS advisor. I guess we are stereotypical but I’ve been in multiple working groups with Bolton when he had lower billets, so my distaste is my own but colored by the Marine Mafia. We basically ignored him but you just can’t ignore the Advisor to the President very long.
What, specifically, do you think he's wrong about?
[Reply]
seamonster 11:55 AM 06-02-2019
Bolton had the reputation that he instilled fear into a beuracracy. That's why he was tapped as UN envoy. If Trump's at war with legions of bureaucratic cockroaches then I can see why he'd want the talents of a Bolton. Even if Bolton didn't paratroop into vietnam and is a boneheaded neo-con.
[Reply]
Coyote 12:42 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What, specifically, do you think he's wrong about?
Clarity. Guidance from his billet. Or the lack of. Particularly with the details that matter during execution and planning.

He sought political wiggle room emphasizing domestic politics. Not his role. He would not provide direct guidance as to course of action development or even mission analysis.
And he tried to bully people in meetings. You read the link? It is generally accurate.

A side note, not letting Nicholson “talk to the President” in the article, was payback for him pulling bullshit as a colonel. He was also not permitted to testify before Congress. All when he planned to make a grand roadshow in DC and attend his daughters graduation. Thought he was going to be the next Eucom Commander. Jim has a long memory.

I said you could say we are stereotypical in that military leaders seek clarity from policy makers. Politicians seek vagueness and deniability.

Bolton always chose the political way and relished his political connections. During deliberate and reactive planning, he left to find a podium instead of rolling up his sleaves and ordering dominoes pizza.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:55 PM 06-02-2019
Clarity. Guidance from his billet. Or the lack of. Particularly with the details that matter during execution and planning.

He sought political wiggle room emphasizing domestic politics. Not his role. He would not provide direct guidance as to course of action development or even mission analysis.
And he tried to bully people in meetings. You read the link? It is generally accurate.

A side note, not letting Nicholson “talk to the President” in the article, was payback for him pulling bullshit as a colonel. He was also not permitted to testify before Congress. All when he planned to make a grand roadshow in DC and attend his daughters graduation. Thought he was going to be the next Eucom Commander. Jim has a long memory.

I said you could say we are stereotypical in that military leaders seek clarity from policy makers. Politicians seek vagueness and deniability.

Bolton always chose the political way and relished his political connections. During deliberate and reactive planning, he left to find a podium instead of rolling up his sleaves and ordering dominoes pizza.
None of that is unusual in the rough and tumble world they work in. I'm more interested in hearing why you think the advice he gives the President is wrong?

I, for one, appreciate his "peace through strength" mindset, and willing to be strong when we, or our friends, are threatened.
[Reply]
Coyote 01:17 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
None of that is unusual in the rough and tumble world they work in. I'm more interested in hearing why you think the advice he gives the President is wrong?

I, for one, appreciate his "peace through strength" mindset, and willing to be strong when we, or our friends, are threatened.
Nothing in DC is rough and tumble. No rounds flying in those meetings. Maybe should have been to resolve disagreements.

Read the link. Bolton does not believe in peace through strength. Or peace through close combat as we used to say. He has never been in a fight so I don’t trust shit talkers that never fought. I’m not sure what he believes. He definitely believes in friends of convenience vice loyalties. Read the link.

I did not claim his advice was wrong though it likely is shallow in key regions. It is simply at odds with thePresident’s basic isolationist tendencies.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:31 PM 06-02-2019
Nothing in DC is rough and tumble. No rounds flying in those meetings. Maybe should have been to resolve disagreements.

Read the link. Bolton does not believe in peace through strength. Or peace through close combat as we used to say. He has never been in a fight so I don’t trust shit talkers that never fought. I’m not sure what he believes. He definitely believes in friends of convenience vice loyalties. Read the link.

I did not claim his advice was wrong though it likely is shallow in key regions. It is simply at odds with thePresident’s basic isolationist tendencies.
You quoted the NewYorker, I'm not sure if you're serious...
[Reply]
patteeu 12:43 AM 06-03-2019

:-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:53 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Why did you avoid Vietnam?

“I had other priorities” - Prick Cheney

(Actual quote. Look it up)
Patt’s gonna lower the boom on you if you keep disparaging Dick Cheney.
[Reply]
Coyote 06:56 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
:-)
Yeah, we Marines have a tradition of irreverence in DC:

“The charges against Gale were dated September 11, 1820. The first was that Gale was publicly intoxicated in the city of Washington on six specific dates...

The second charge was of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman. There were three specifications: first, that Gale had visited a house of prostitution near the Marine Barracks "in open and disgraceful manner”...

called Lieutenant Richard M. Desha, the Corps' Paymaster and son of Congressman Joseph Desha of Kentucky - who had earlier charged Gale with misappropriation - "a damned rascal, liar and coward" and threatening him with personal chastisement unless he would immediately challenge and fight him;
and, finally, that he had declared in front of the Marine Barracks "that he did not care a damn for the President, Jesus Christ or God Almighty!"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Gale

Related to the NSC is that we did not send any officers to that staff after LtCol Ollie North’s overstepping until we were in the GWOT, and we sent a very judicious buddy of mine.

I made my peace with Ollie when he was a reporter and I told him in private what I thought of him. He was straight forward. My problem with him was a then quote attributed to him that offended my Marine sense. He basically admitted to it and said it always bothered him. He chose DC politics over an infantry battalion, saying “why would I put my career at risk with 800 assholes.”

Never trust a DC military officer that seeks to be there.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:00 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Patt’s gonna lower the boom on you if you keep disparaging Dick Cheney.
Patteu is a chickenhawk. Nobody cares what those losers think after the Iraq disaster.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:58 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Patteu is a chickenhawk. Nobody cares what those losers think after the Iraq disaster.
I'm not sure that a coward like you, unwilling to stand a watch for your nation, should be calling anybody names. Remember, you're a coward, scared, a pussy. Let that sink in dude, at least Bolton and Cheney served their country, you're too much of a pussy.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up