ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>John Bolton: avoided Vietmam service. “War was already lost”
Prison Bitch 10:18 PM 05-29-2019
Knock me over with a feather: another cowardly Chickenhawk exposed as a draft dodger:


John Bolton, Trump’s New War Consigliere, Dodged The ‘Already Lost’ Vietnam War
Adam Weinstein



“I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy… I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.” John Bolton 1995


Bolton said nuts to that, later writing in a memoir that he “wasn’t going to waste time on a futile struggle” in Vietnam. (The memoir’s title, by the way, is Surrender Is Not An Option.)

https://taskandpurpose.com/john-bolt...st-vietnam-war



[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:16 AM 05-30-2019
Pointless.

I wouldn't have went to Vietnam, either?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:35 AM 05-30-2019
The Gulf of TONKIN Incident
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:46 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Pointless.

I wouldn't have went to Vietnam, either?

Then why did he title his memoir “No Surrender” if he himself had given up?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:55 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Then why did he title his memoir “No Surrender” if he himself had given up?
Because he did not surrender to the Selective Service or the draft board?
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 07:29 AM 05-30-2019
Smart man.

Followed the words of George Washington.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:32 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Smart man.

Followed the words of George Washington.

Um, are you not getting the point?

1. Yes, it was smart to avoid Vietnam
2. No, he shouldn’t he allowed to send others into War
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 08:10 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Um, are you not getting the point?

1. Yes, it was smart to avoid Vietnam
2. No, he shouldn’t he allowed to send others into War
I got your point.

I agree with both statements. He needs to practice what he preaches.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:27 AM 05-30-2019
Vietnam was a massive blunder by the United States government at many levels. One of the stupidest and most costly decisions we have ever made. The entire affair is nothing but massively regrettable.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:33 AM 05-30-2019
How did he "avoid" it? Did he flee to Canada? Spuriously claim he had a medical ailment? Get student deferments? Just did not volunteer?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:11 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
How did he "avoid" it? Did he flee to Canada? Spuriously claim he had a medical ailment? Get student deferments? Just did not volunteer?
It’s answered in the article.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:14 AM 05-30-2019
All Neo-Cons are cowards
[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Um, are you not getting the point?

1. Yes, it was smart to avoid Vietnam
2. No, he shouldn’t he allowed to send others into War
:-)

Which wars do you think Bolton wants that are already lost, Bitch?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)

Which wars do you think Bolton wants that are already lost, Bitch?
He wants every war, as the article states. He’s never opposed a war....except the one he was actually eligible to go fight.



As a college student at Yale he argued for Vietnam. Got out and....suddenly changed his mind. Why? It remains a mystery to this day!
[Reply]
Donger 09:22 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He wants every war, as the article states. He’s never opposed a war....except the one he was actually eligible to go fight.



As a college student at Yale he argued for Vietnam. Got out and....suddenly changed his mind. Why? It remains a mystery to this day!
It's right there in the OP you posted, Bitch:

“I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy… I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.” John Bolton 1995
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up