ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 36
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Kodi Add Ons?
laser1972 10:26 AM 01-06-2016
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 07:37 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Script error?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it?
no i did not - and yes - it was the script error - thanks for this!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:57 AM 01-08-2016
I am mostly using Navi-x and SALTS now. I did notice Genesis getting worse and worse with the streams and have slowly stopped using it.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:42 AM 01-09-2016
So here is something not so fun about Genesis next month. Real-Debrid will be changing their login API next month. So unless Genesis gets update, those links will not work on there either.

To get around this, you can use Kinkin's addon that will bring up multiple add ons links for which ever addon you are browsing. I havnt used it, on paper it looks brilliant.

http://www.koditips.com/new-my-subsc...add-on-kinkin/
[Reply]
notorious 10:09 AM 01-09-2016
God Damnit, I got Kodi 6 months ago and it's already going to shit.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:21 AM 01-09-2016
CartoonHD through the chromecast is still very reliable and so I still have that as an option.

For Kodi, I did get a Firestick a while ago and installed it. Worked great with the Beast build until Genesis started crapping out. I ended up installing the Spinztv build. 1Channel and Salts generally work just fine for me, prefer Salts currently because there is a little rating next to some streams on their reliability. I wouldn't have even gone with Kodi because Cartoon HD is so easy but the LiveTV and streaming of Chiefs games through SportsDevil is why I keep it up. Plus there are occasionally some shows that CartoonHD doesn't have, Kodi has everything. Here's how you install Spinz if anyone is interested. For the Firestick, be prepared that it will sometimes need to update some things on it's own and may need to be restarted here and there if it does that. Generally once the updates are done it works fine. If something locks, just hold the middle select button and the play button at the same time and it'll reboot for you.


[Reply]
007 05:28 PM 01-10-2016
whats the best box on the market now Fish? My gbox is getting really damn slow.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:52 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
SportsDevil currently isn't available via Addon Installer. That's why I included the url for how to download and install it. Check the url in my post above.
Good stuff! Thanks !
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 07:29 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
whats the best box on the market now Fish? My gbox is getting really damn slow.
New Amazon Fire TV is, supposedly, 75% faster than the 1st gen.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:51 PM 01-13-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
whats the best box on the market now Fish? My gbox is getting really damn slow.
Amazon FTV is great. Sideloading is a piece of cake.
[Reply]
Fish 04:06 PM 01-13-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
whats the best box on the market now Fish? My gbox is getting really damn slow.
As others have said, The FireTV2 is a very nice box. Easy to use, great compatibility, and lots and lots of support. Price won't break the bank, and it has the hardware to last quite a while.

If you want complete customizability, there are piles and piles of cheap Android boxes available. You can get a nice box with an Amlogic S812 quad core chip(best available right now in Android boxes), Android 5.1, 8-16GB storage, 2GB RAM, Gigabit ethernet, dual channel wifi, HDMI, 4K capable, optical out, SD card, remote, etc. Anywhere from $50-100. But most come preconfigured with bloatware and junk you'll never use, so if you go that route prepare to erase the device and start from scratch, and it's likely going to take a great deal of tinkering to configure and maintain. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Zenoplige-Amlo.../dp/B015CRM4JA

You can search the Related Items on that Amazon page to view a bunch more. Many of those will have slightly better hardware/connectivity than FireTV2. But like I said they will require more hands on configuration.

If you want to step up from that and plan to do more than just movies/TV, I would recommend the NVidia Shield. It's $150, but allows for gaming and more.

A step up from that would be an Intel NUC. A PC in a tiny box. But that's getting up ~$400-700. Best possible performance though.
[Reply]
007 06:41 PM 01-13-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
As others have said, The FireTV2 is a very nice box. Easy to use, great compatibility, and lots and lots of support. Price won't break the bank, and it has the hardware to last quite a while.

If you want complete customizability, there are piles and piles of cheap Android boxes available. You can get a nice box with an Amlogic S812 quad core chip(best available right now in Android boxes), Android 5.1, 8-16GB storage, 2GB RAM, Gigabit ethernet, dual channel wifi, HDMI, 4K capable, optical out, SD card, remote, etc. Anywhere from $50-100. But most come preconfigured with bloatware and junk you'll never use, so if you go that route prepare to erase the device and start from scratch, and it's likely going to take a great deal of tinkering to configure and maintain. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Zenoplige-Amlo.../dp/B015CRM4JA

You can search the Related Items on that Amazon page to view a bunch more. Many of those will have slightly better hardware/connectivity than FireTV2. But like I said they will require more hands on configuration.

If you want to step up from that and plan to do more than just movies/TV, I would recommend the NVidia Shield. It's $150, but allows for gaming and more.

A step up from that would be an Intel NUC. A PC in a tiny box. But that's getting up ~$400-700. Best possible performance though.
I have the amazon fire stick with kodi on it. The only thing that really annoys me about it is constantly having to restart kodi when I do other things. Granted this is the stick and not the box but I like just being in KODI full time. I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:59 AM 01-14-2016
Thoughts on one of these as a high end option?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/qna...53a,30943.html
[Reply]
Fish 09:30 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
I have the amazon fire stick with kodi on it. The only thing that really annoys me about it is constantly having to restart kodi when I do other things. Granted this is the stick and not the box but I like just being in KODI full time. I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.
The stick doesn't have the hardware to really be dependable. It's nice for vacation trips or to put in a guest bedroom or something. But I certainly wouldn't want to use it for my every day viewing.

Protip: There's a KODI plugin called KeyMap Editor. You load this plugin within KODI, and it allows you to map/remap any keys on the remote controller. So you can change the button you accidentally keep hitting so it doesn't do that annoying behavior anymore. You can also change the function of any buttons you're not happy about. You can adjust global button settings, or behaviors for just fullscreen video, OSD menu, etc.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
[Reply]
Fish 09:43 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Thoughts on one of these as a high end option?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/qna...53a,30943.html
JFC overkill..... that thing is too fancy to be used as a KODI box. It will absolutely run anything you throw at it. But that's gonna be really expensive and you'd probably never use 1/4 of its processing power. Their normal NAS solutions are $500-1000, and this device would probably be to the middle/upper end of that I'm guessing, depending on which storage option you went with.


[Reply]
NewChief 10:10 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
JFC overkill..... that thing is too fancy to be used as a KODI box. It will absolutely run anything you throw at it. But that's gonna be really expensive and you'd probably never use 1/4 of its processing power. Their normal NAS solutions are $500-1000, and this device would probably be to the middle/upper end of that I'm guessing, depending on which storage option you went with.

Hah. I just found it interesting because they specifically mentioned running Kodi on the writeup. Shows how far along the system has come, I guess.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 36
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up