ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1248 of 3903
« First < 24874811481198123812441245124612471248 124912501251125212581298134817482248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 03:54 PM 04-08-2020
I just have to wonder why we are having all these clinical trials if we know it doesn't work???
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:54 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

“There has been anecdotal evidence that it is promising; that’s why we’re going ahead,” he added, noting that some patients have a pre-existing condition or medication regimen that prevents them from taking it.
Ok,

So we agree that it is evidence, and it is positive. But we just need to 100% confirm in the drug improving things. That's a fair position to take Donger.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:55 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Which means there are plenty of "doctors" breaking their oath everyday by promoting something that hasn't been rightfully tested or approved to treat COVID-19.
Fuckin' Doctors! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There are just so many factors to take into account that we can't predict if it will be a cure or not at this point .We all want it to be one of course but the same people saying the lockdown down was jumping the gun are doing the same with this.
No we cannot.

But we can damn sure take a study that removes 1 and probably 2 legs from the stool and throw it out when trying to determine how the stool would hold up with all 3 legs.

And I'm perplexed as to how one can conclude that the lockdown wasn't jumping the gun at this point. That story is further away from being finished than the HCL/Z-pack story by a damn sight.

Time may ultimately demonstrate that much of what I think on this is wrong. But at the very least I take great care to provide applicable information and context as to why it might be.

Tossing out that Chinese study as some final word on the subject without pointing out the myriad of ways its inapplicable to the research presently being done does nothing to further conversation.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:56 PM 04-08-2020
Have the death estimates dropped to 60,000 or was that just job site BS talk?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This 90 degree weather in April will do that to ya
The 40 degree weather in April next week will be even worse.

I'll take unseasonably hot in the spring and unseasonably cool in the fall, but man, don't prolong the agony of the previous extremes any longer than necessary.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:57 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No we cannot.

But we can damn sure take a study that removes 1 and probably 2 legs from the stool and throw it out when trying to determine how the stool would hold up with all 3 legs.

And I'm perplexed as to how one can conclude that the lockdown wasn't jumping the gun at this point. That story is further away from being finished than the HCL/Z-pack story by a damn sight.

Time may ultimately demonstrate that much of what I think on this is wrong. But at the very least I take great care to provide applicable information and context as to why it might be.

Tossing out that Chinese study as some final word on the subject without pointing out the myriad of ways its inapplicable to the research presently being done does nothing to further conversation.
This guys got big brains and purty words... I'm going to hire him as my post lawyer.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:57 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I just have to wonder why we are having all these clinical trials if we know it doesn't work???
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:58 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
This is incorrect....

Maybe you are not aware but the results from the trial have been positive in NY, but the trial isn't complete.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:59 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
They don't know either way yet, why? with who? it might make some worse some better, some may get better without it some won't , when should it me administered to have the best effect or cause the least damage etc….
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:59 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Like I said you can wait for the trial to finish. I can be ahead of the curb. When you catch up to me no hard feelings.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:59 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't understand what you DC types get out of this kind of discussion. I find the thread to be pretty much unreadable when you guys get on a roll like this.
This has been mostly unreadable for awhile. What else should we expect from a JakeF thread though?
[Reply]
Donger 03:59 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Ok,

So we agree that it is evidence, and it is positive. But we just need to 100% confirm in the drug improving things. That's a fair position to take Donger.
“The tests in the hospital, they’re too short a period of time to get a scientific report,” Cuomo said. “Hospital administrators, doctors want to have a significant data set before they give a formal opinion. Anecdotally, you’ll get suggestions that it has been effective. But we don’t have any official data yet from a hospital or a quote-unquote study, which will take weeks if not months.”

Again, it's just anecdotal. Anecdotally positive, yes, and that's why they are trialing it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:00 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The 40 degree weather in April next week will be even worse.

I'll take unseasonably hot in the spring and unseasonably cool in the fall, but man, don't prolong the agony of the previous extremes any longer than necessary.
That dramatic of a temp drop is going to make people think they are coming down with the rona. My head isnt looking forward to it for sure.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:00 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They don't know either way yet, why? with who? it might make some worse some better, some may get better without it some won't , when should it me administered to have the best effect or cause the least damage etc….
Sure,

But that doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't be trialing the drug without a abundance of evidence no matter how anecdotal it was/is.
[Reply]
Page 1248 of 3903
« First < 24874811481198123812441245124612471248 124912501251125212581298134817482248 > Last »
Up