ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 71
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Spott 09:43 AM 11-08-2023
This sounds like the barbie version of a Marvel movie based around all the MCU characters nobody cares about. Post End Game I’ve found myself more and more to be rooting for the villains over these pussified MCU characters that are basically just the skinny version of Zach.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:12 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
This sounds like the barbie version of a Marvel movie based around all the MCU characters nobody cares about. Post End Game I’ve found myself more and more to be rooting for the villains over these pussified MCU characters that are basically just the skinny version of Zach.
Honestly I think that's a huge part of it. Captain Marvel is the most recognizable character of the three and she comes off as blah in her movie. The other two don't seem like they are big enough characters to really care about. I do think had they originally cast Captain Marvel with someone who showed any sort of personality that character could carry this movie better.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:31 AM 11-08-2023

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:59 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

Nelson Peltze and Apple are licking their chops and readying for a hostile takeover
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:49 PM 11-08-2023

I'm gonna guess this is still way more enjoyable than Thor Love and Thunder.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:23 PM 11-08-2023
:-)

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:29 PM 11-09-2023
I will give Brie Larson this: we watched Scott Pilgrim last night, and she was scene stealer there.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:53 PM 11-09-2023
I will give Brie Larson this: we watched Scott Pilgrim last night, and she was scene stealer there.
One of my favorite movies. For what it's worth, she seems to also know that the Marvel stuff sucks too.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:10 PM 11-09-2023
Multiverse nonsense.
Disney plus characters as the leads.
Main lead is a charisma vacuum who shit on the fans that have been Marvels' bread a butter.

It's not a question of if this will fail, but a question of how much.
Yup.
And people complaint but I don't think anyone could have nailed the Ms. Marvel character like Larson has. She possesses all of the same negative character traits. It was perfect casting...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:18 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yup.

And people complaint but I don't think anyone could have nailed the Ms. Marvel character like Larson has. She possesses all of the same negative character traits. It was perfect casting...
all three marvels were perfectly cast I think. All three seem to have good chemistry in this movie just the movie is a mess apparently
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:33 PM 11-09-2023
https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/s...omQYSsHew&s=19

Marvels gonna get this shit fixed I think. Smart to slow things down
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:00 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Theory in spoiler tags, take it for what it's worth.

Spoiler!
Theory in the spoiler tag confirmed in post / mid credit scene, more info in spoiler tag below.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 PM 11-11-2023
So I went and saw Marvels. It wasn't great, but it wasn't the total shitfest I was expecting, either. There are some decent fight choreography scenes in it, and the girl that plays Kamala Khan seems to be having the time of her life in an MCU movie, but there is a dance choreography scene that is really cringe. And the Flerken situation, while sorta funny, just seemed totally out of place. I'm not MAD I went to go see it, but if you want to wait until it hits streaming, you really won't be missing out.

The mid credit scene (and there's only one, there's no post credit scene) is probably worth the entire movie. And say what you will about Brie Larson, but she's hot af in this thing.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:20 AM 11-12-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They just played the last trailer for The Marvels on MNF.

It would appear that they are bringing back Ronin the Accuser, but *wait for it* Ronin is from an alternate universe, and also *really wait for it* Ronin is a woman that looks super OP from the original Ronin in the original universe.

Valkyrie is indeed the Asgardian in the film, and there are heavy hints that Iron Man and Captain America will join the fun from whatever universe this grrlllboss Ronin is from.

This is either going to be amazing, or it's going to be complete dogshit. There will be no in-between.
Put a chic in it... make her lame and gay!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:32 AM 11-12-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Missed this completely when it was announced

Well first of all, I learned about the Haudenosaunee. I’d only ever heard of it as the Iroquois Confederacy. That one sounds awesome.

Love the comments on that post, though. “What If the other half was snapped by Thanos”.. I can’t believe they haven’t jumped on this one already..

And “Odin AND Hela?! Just how strong is Wenwu?!” :-) And, yeah, I have to agree. Wenwu would get dumpstered by Thor 1 Thor. Going up against Odin and Hela would just be a slaughterhouse.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 71
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Up