ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 536 of 1209
« First < 36436486526532533534535536 5375385395405465866361036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:45 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The local thrift/unclaimed freight store got in this, stocked up for $4 a jar [check the oz :-)] And yes, it's the 'only peanuts, lightly salted' type you have to stir.

And then, I discovered these. Perhaps my new favorite thing ever!!

I used to do a lot of my 'light snacking' by putting stuff [chicken salad, tuna salad, peanut butter, chow chow, chutney, etc] on Trader Joe's everything flatbreads, but they have discontinued those. These flat everything pretzels aren't as big, so you have to do more prep, but they're even tastier.

And those pretzels with that peanut butter is better than any peanut butter stuffed pretzels you'll find from any other brand.
I'm going to look for some of those tomorrow
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:49 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'm going to look for some of those tomorrow
I got mine at Cargo Largo, but I've seen them at WalMart and Sams. Target and Walgreens list them on their websites as well.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:51 PM 05-21-2017
First weekend of summer vacation for our kid, so we've been doing fun stuff. Dinner tonight was hamburgers on the grill with beef patties, sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, grilled pineapple, and Stubb's honey pecan bbq sauce. Crinkle fries, and pickle spears.

That sauce has a unique flavor. I wouldn't care to put it on bbq, but I've always thought it went great on burgers.

[Reply]
Frazod 07:02 PM 05-21-2017
Horseradish crusted filet with mushroom caps and a cheddar twice-baked potato. Preceded by bacon-wrapped scallop skewers.

[Reply]
TimBone 07:06 PM 05-21-2017
I don't think I've ever had a twice baked potato. They always sound and look so good, though.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:13 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I don't think I've ever had a twice baked potato. They always sound and look so good, though.
It was tasty. Sort of like a mashed potato center in a baked potato, topped with cheese.

The only thing I didn't like was the mushrooms, because they had a strong onion flavor. Fine for most people, but I hate onions. Will opt for the creamed spinach next time.

This was from Wildfire in Oak Brook, IL.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:10 PM 05-21-2017
The younger son and I decided it was rib night. He nailed it. And right on cue the neighbors stopped in. Ha....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
threebag 08:11 PM 05-21-2017
Ribs look good. Should have sliced one out for the pic
[Reply]
threebag 08:13 PM 05-21-2017
Thinking about a smoked meatloaf during the week. It's about time to buy more smoking wood.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:13 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Ribs look good. Should have sliced one out for the pic
You're right.. Next time..
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:01 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, wife wanted to grow zucchini once.

And the hill even had 3 different kinds of zucchini in it. By August she wanted me to roundup it because GODDAMN
I got a bunch from a neighber—made stuffed zucchini a few times but a lot of zucchini bread which I can then freeze to eat late during the year.

Now, I know why they always try to give it away. And I thought they were really thinking of me in a generous way. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:48 AM 05-22-2017
FMB's fried potatoes method is pretty similar to what I've always used, though I've not taken them back to room temperature after microwaving them in the past. So I decided to give that a shot and take a stab at diner burgers

My induction stove can get a skillet upwards of 750-800 degrees (I'd imagine even a little hotter if I asked it to) but I hate cooking at heat that high in the house. So I blasted the skillet then took it outside and set it on a full coal base on the Weber.

A full chimney full of coals couldn't keep that damn thing as hot as my stove but I was able to maintain about 650 and was pretty pleased with the result:

As close to an LC's Double Bacon Big Cheese as I've managed to this point. It was damn good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:25 AM 05-22-2017
My biggest challenge cooking in the condo is lingering smells and internal heat in the summer. I bought a Kettle-Q last month as an additional cooktop for outdoors. I've been most impressed with diner burgers off it.

[Reply]
scho63 08:59 AM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Horseradish crusted filet with mushroom caps and a cheddar twice-baked potato. Preceded by bacon-wrapped scallop skewers.

That's one big hunk of beef! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
They're incredibly easy, especially if you have a simple grapefruit spoon.

Bake for an hour at 400. Cut the top quarter/half an inch off and then scoop out the guts with a grapefruit spoon. The serrated edges make it a 30 second process.

I will bake 3 potatoes for every 2 that I serve so that I get a nice heaping top. I throw the guts in a glass bowl then salt/pepper to taste. Dice up a couple pats of butter, toss that in and then mash like I would mashed potatoes. Then I fold in some sour cream, bacon (real bacon bits; not the shitty chip kind), green onions, cheddar and diced jalapenos (fresh jalapenos, not pickled, 1-2 slices with seeds per potato, IMO).

Fill the scooped shells back up and bake for 10 minutes. It's just long enough to heat the middle back up after adding butter/SC. Once warmed, flatten the tops with a fork to create little channels, then put a little more cheddar on top of that and bake until the cheese is browned (about another 10 minutes). The flat top and channels hold the cheese better.

Cradle to grave you're looking at maybe 1.5 hours and only about 10-15 minutes of that requires actual prep work or attention. And I've done a microwave version that I finish baking in a toaster oven that is a close enough proxy; takes maybe 30 minutes.

Give 'em a shot.
[Reply]
Page 536 of 1209
« First < 36436486526532533534535536 5375385395405465866361036 > Last »
Up