ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How will the Goodell statement impact the NFL near-term?
jerryaldini 06:56 PM 06-05-2020
What's the near-term impact on the league of Goodell's surprisingly clear and forceful statement?

Do you believe certain owners (e.g. Jones, Snyder) will push back? Any indication owners were consulted?

Will Bienemy and other minorities get fast tracked now? Will players use their newfound leverage to demand this and other change? Any threat of an impasse with owners refusing to concede changes in hiring policy, allowing protest, the league funding initiatives?

Will unity among players increase or will there be a clear divide among them? Are the Chiefs with their player and executive leadership better positioned to manage this?

Any significant impact on the NFL’s global brand and revenues? Discuss.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:25 PM 06-06-2020
The military was paying for the privilege. Seen as a recruitment tool, until a few years ago. Yeah, Kap hit them where it hurt. $$
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:28 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Yeah I'm anxious to see how many owners were consulted and are on board. Just heard Warrick Dunn, part owner of the falcons, say he believes Goodell has come around and is sincere. I'd love to see this be then end of Jones.
I did not know Dunn is part owner, but I’m so glad to hear that. Guy was always a class act. Sounds like he managed his money wisely.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:33 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Just drop the anthem altogether. Leave the military out of it too. Nothing but the game. After a couple years, when everyone has settled down, they can reevaluate if they want but for now just line up and play with no non-game related accompaniment.
Yep. I'm there to watch the game. I'm not there to display my patriotism or engage in social discussions or talk politics. It's a game. I don't care what the players think about guns or breastfeeding or climate change. It's a game. Just let me watch the game.
[Reply]
13and3 06:06 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
It's not just a song guy's it is about 3 generations of my family fighting and working 10 hours day in the best conditions possible because we were all white. It is about the feeling it envokes when A-10's rumble overhead and the freedom that came from all those people whom went to vietnam and threw grenades into bunkers and killed a bunch of women and children then went to do herion and screw hookers. It is about that Toby Keith song I would listen to pre-kickoff when I was in high school right before I didn't play and I went home with no girlfriend. It is the feeling when I passed my trade school even though I didn't really pass the guys just thought I was a nice guy and I was white so they let me through. So excuse me if I get a bit out of shape about people kneeling. It is a bit more than a bit of clothe.
Watch "Skip and Shannon react to Drew Brees' comments about protesting during national anthem | UNDISPUTED" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Ou4Drn2hEhM
[Reply]
stevieray 06:07 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yep. I'm there to watch the game. I'm not there to display my patriotism or engage in social discussions or talk politics. It's a game. I don't care what the players think about guns or breastfeeding or climate change. It's a game. Just let me watch the game.
Boom
[Reply]
tk13 06:56 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by permachief:
This would eliminate the problem all together:

Play the National Anthem while all the players are in he locker room after their final warm ups and just before they take the field for the start of the game.

Simple solution.
That's how it used to be. They only started bringing the players out the last few years. There's a lot of money to be made with the camo NFL gear, etc.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:11 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
After kickoff, no one will care
Yeah, it's gonna depend on the details in the moment of the game action.

If people take a moment to say or do whatever they're gonna, then get to the business of entertaining. Those turned off will take a potty break and come back, and those who applaud will have a moment of joy.

If the entire broadcast and all the 24/7 news coverage becomes about who is protesting and how, people will tune out in boredom.

It's Sunday afternoon and time to relax, they already spent the morning in church.

I have a sneaking suspicion that nothing that detracts from corporate sponsorship will fly. Peace signs during TD runs will still be flagged, nonconforming uniform alterations will still be fined.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:26 PM 06-06-2020
The people who hate Goodell and the owners will still hate them anyway.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:41 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And the players don’t value your experience more than they do their own ideals. You have every right to stay away and never watch the game again just as they have every right to express their views. Eventually that likely leads to reduced revenues for teams and salaries for athletes. So be it.

I think your view is a bit simplistic, narrow, and selfish.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:46 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What business is this of yours? It's HIS entertainment time.

You're policing people's leisure now?

It's that distinction between 'raising awareness' and 'silence is complicity.'

If 'silence is complicity' there is no grounds anywhere anytime for 'non-political' discussions. Life is political. Napping on the couch while you could be organizing for justice is a defiantly political act. Jacking off when you could be marching is a defiantly political act. Puttering around your garden when you could be shouting at a policeman is a defiantly political act.

Heck, playing merely football when you already have control of the airwaves instead of holding a political rally for the entire 3-hour block is a defiantly political act.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:50 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

If 'silence is complicity' there is no grounds anywhere anytime for 'non-political' discussions. Life is political. Napping on the couch while you could be organizing for justice is a defiantly political act. Jacking off when you could be marching is a defiantly political act. Puttering around your garden when you could be shouting at a policeman is a defiantly political act.
I’m policing nothing. I’m saying someone who essentially holds the view of “Just throw the football - I don’t care what you have to say” is reducing these people to football players and little else. And I’m reminding that person that they’re under no obligation to watch the games, buy merchandise, or do anything else to contribute to their salaries.

These things police themselves.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:54 PM 06-06-2020
I’m policing nothing. I’m saying someone who essentially holds the view of “Just throw the football - I don’t care what you have to say” is reducing these people to football players and little else. And I’m reminding that person that they’re under no obligation to watch the games, buy merchandise, or do anything else to contribute to their salaries.

These things police themselves.
He's not exactly saying that. He's saying 'when I sit down to watch football, I hope to watch football.'

If you went into McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac, and they sized you up and gave you a side-salad instead, along with a lecture on responsible consumption, how often would you return, and how simplistic, narrowminded and selfish would that make you?
[Reply]
vailpass 08:06 PM 06-06-2020
And the players don’t value your experience more than they do their own ideals. You have every right to stay away and never watch the game again just as they have every right to express their views. Eventually that likely leads to reduced revenues for teams and salaries for athletes. So be it.

Get over yourself. Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:07 PM 06-06-2020

Heck, playing merely football when you already have control of the airwaves instead of holding a political rally for the entire 3-hour block is a defiantly political act.
Simply put, you're a cunt.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:08 PM 06-06-2020
He's not exactly saying that. He's saying 'when I sit down to watch football, I hope to watch football.'
Why don't you allow the man to speak for himself?

You're a fucking busy-body cunt, ALWAYS trying to put words in people's mouths.

And then you pull this fucking shit like "Oh, I'll allow you explain yourself because I don't like your answer".

You need to get a life of your own, you fucking twat, and stop sticking your nose into other people's business.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up