ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 33
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:45 PM 04-27-2019
Also, shout out to that rat for saving the universe. Without you, we're well and truly fucked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:47 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sorry, guys. Just having a bit of fun. Apparently hurt someone's feelings enough to thumbs my post down.

Read an article where the author accused Marvel/Disney of being homophobic because *their* Steve Rogers would never go back into the past and stay with a woman leaving Bucky behind. Made me laugh so I wanted to try my hand at being a crazy conspiracy nutjob too.
Heh, they did include a gay character scene. The counseling scene where the guy was talking to Steve about going on a date with another man.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04-27-2019, 06:56 PM
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
Chiefspants 07:37 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sorry, guys. Just having a bit of fun. Apparently hurt someone's feelings enough to thumbs my post down.

Read an article where the author accused Marvel/Disney of being homophobic because *their* Steve Rogers would never go back into the past and stay with a woman leaving Bucky behind. Made me laugh so I wanted to try my hand at being a crazy conspiracy nutjob too.
Lmao. It’s all good. I don’t know who thumbed you down but I appreciated your intensity.
[Reply]
JD10367 07:37 PM 04-27-2019
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the fuck would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a fuck about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:46 PM 04-27-2019
Bucky should have gotten the shield. I don't think Gamora got dusted. Guardians 3 will probably be them looking for her
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:47 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Bucky should have gotten the shield. I don't think Gamora got dusted. Guardians 3 will probably be them looking for her
Nah. Bucky is his lover, not his heir apparent.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:49 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the **** would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a **** about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.
Yes and yes
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:58 PM 04-27-2019
Time travel really shouldn't be used as a plot device. Russo brothers and whoever else were involved made one of the better efforts I've seen to use it but it just got too convoluted.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:07 PM 04-27-2019
Why wasn’t Tony more tore up over the death of Vision? Wasn’t he part of Tony or something? I don’t remem him even shedding one tear for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:09 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why wasn’t Tony more tore up over the death of Vision? Wasn’t he part of Tony or something? I don’t remem him even shedding one tear for him.
Seems like he was pretty fucking upset at everything after they first found him. Then the 5 year timeskip and he let go of resentment.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:14 PM 04-27-2019
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the **** would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a **** about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.
In the comics Marvel made it clear that time travel simply creates alternate timelines and doesn't change the timeline you are from unless you got Doom or Kang level tech.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:17 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I was in the movie theatre for 3.5 hours. Your going to be pissed about something in the movie that lasted <30 seconds? Sorry man, thats on you.

Not pissed. Try again.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:24 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Heh, they did include a gay character scene. The counseling scene where the guy was talking to Steve about going on a date with another man.
That was so dumb. I can't see Steve being OK with that lifestyle.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:28 PM 04-27-2019
Jeeeeeeez. Yeah, they had the women stand for a group shot. So What? Does anyone whine about the fact the they do a group shot before every major battle that's fake as hell? Were people crying when they did the group shot of the two Avenger groups right before they fought in Civil War? It's a visual trope that is part of the genre. You guys are complaining about something that is a foundational part of superhero media.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:32 PM 04-27-2019
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the fuck would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a fuck about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.

If you attempt to bypass or alter fixed points in the time stream then Time manifests itself and tries to bitch-slap you. Guys like Doctor Strange are good at dealing with stuff like this.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 33
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up