ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 266 of 301
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:12 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Figured I'd show you guys this. I picked it up last week. Game used and autographed....with a blood stain on the right shin guard.

What does his blood taste like? First thing is do is lick it. Have you masturbated in it yet?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:54 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'd like to think Matheny could change ...the Royals better hope so if he's hired.

@Joelsherman1: Vance Wilson interviewed yesterday and today for #Royals managerial opening. Mike Matheny remains the strong favoirite, but new ownership wants a full interview process not a coronation, so KC is continuing to talk to candidates.

@Joelsherman1: The #Mets contacted Mike Matheny at the outset of their managerial search and he indicated to NYM that he wanted to concentate on the #Royals job. Matheny was hired last Nov as special advisor to player development in KC with trajectory to be Ned Yost’s successor.
:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:02 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'd like to think Matheny could change ...the Royals better hope so if he's hired.

@Joelsherman1: Vance Wilson interviewed yesterday and today for #Royals managerial opening. Mike Matheny remains the strong favoirite, but new ownership wants a full interview process not a coronation, so KC is continuing to talk to candidates.

@Joelsherman1: The #Mets contacted Mike Matheny at the outset of their managerial search and he indicated to NYM that he wanted to concentate on the #Royals job. Matheny was hired last Nov as special advisor to player development in KC with trajectory to be Ned Yost’s successor.
Good god, can't imagine the amount of suck on that list of candidates. Bring back Trey Hillman!
[Reply]
BWillie 05:12 PM 10-22-2019
The cool thing about hiring a manager. It barely matters. But it sure is annoying when you hire a bad one.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Isn’t PB really into analytics? Why does he love Matheny?
Religion? Maybe he wants another bible study and chess matches in the locker room?

Mellingers column today read like free publicity for Matheny. He took over a World Series winning team loaded with MLB talent, farm talent on the way. And ran it into the ground. Ruined young players. He played favorites, vets played over young players even if the vet was failing for months.

Why would he even be considered to Shepard a young team to its full potential? He failed at that miserably. The exact opposite of that approach. Makes no sense for the Royals. No way this arrogant person with a my way is the right way approach has changed. He will be in full don't like it, theres the door mode soon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:10 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The cool thing about hiring a manager. It barely matters. But it sure is annoying when you hire a bad one.

But at the parts that matter most:

Bullpen usage
Developing a clubhouse/trust/good atmosphere for development of young players

Matheny is a proven failure.

Yeah, lineup construction doesn’t make a whole lot of difference. But those things absolutely do.

Remember how much shit Yost took for bringing in Ventura in the wild card game? Imagine that had happened in the 10th inning, and Ventura hadn’t pitched for a month, and other quality relievers were available.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:23 AM 10-23-2019
Dayton Moore will use up whatever good will he has left with the fanbase (including myself) from 2014-15 if he goes ahead and hires Matheny.

It’s a one way ticket out of here. He better think long and hard before making a decision.

God, I hope Sherman shows some balls and intervenes for the betterment of us all!
[Reply]
Jerm 09:43 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Religion? Maybe he wants another bible study and chess matches in the locker room?

Mellingers column today read like free publicity for Matheny. He took over a World Series winning team loaded with MLB talent, farm talent on the way. And ran it into the ground. Ruined young players. He played favorites, vets played over young players even if the vet was failing for months.

Why would he even be considered to Shepard a young team to its full potential? He failed at that miserably. The exact opposite of that approach. Makes no sense for the Royals. No way this arrogant person with a my way is the right way approach has changed. He will be in full don't like it, theres the door mode soon.
Shocking....guy is absolutely spineless when it comes to the Chiefs and Royals.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:52 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Dayton Moore will use up whatever good will he has left with the fanbase (including myself) from 2014-15 if he goes ahead and hires Matheny.

It’s a one way ticket out of here. He better think long and hard before making a decision.

God, I hope Sherman shows some balls and intervenes for the betterment of us all!
I wonder if this is Sherman's plan. Maybe he wants to get rid of Dayton and start from scratch, but doesn't want to piss people off, so he's going to let Moore dig his own grave. Barring a massive turnaround or Moore hiring someone else, Moore and Matheny will be gone in 2 years.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:05 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I wonder if this is Sherman's plan. Maybe he wants to get rid of Dayton and start from scratch, but doesn't want to piss people off, so he's going to let Moore dig his own grave. Barring a massive turnaround or Moore hiring someone else, Moore and Matheny will be gone in 2 years.
If he's willing to give him enough rope to hang himself, and they do go forward with hiring Matheny, it BETTER be done in 2 years. Otherwise Milking Mike is gonna ruin some of our young talented arms (Singer, Kowar, Lynch, etc.) coming up. If he's here longer than that, our next competitive window (2022-25) with the current group (Whit, Mondy, Soler, Dozier, etc.) goes out the door and we're all stuck sitting around waiting for the 'next wave', whenever that may be . . . . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 10-23-2019
Just read Mellinger's article.

Gents - it's a done deal. Nobody spends that kind of time and goes through those kind of verbal gymnastics to support a facially awful hire unless he's been directed to do so. The Royals have the Star running point for them on this deal.

Sorry (to everyone except Prison Bitch - to you I will just laaaaaaugh and laaaaugh and laaugh).
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:45 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Gents - it's a done deal. Nobody spends that kind of time and goes through those kind of verbal gymnastics to support a facially awful hire unless he's been directed to do so. The Royals have the Star running point for them on this deal.

Sorry (to everyone except Prison Bitch - to you I will just laaaaaaugh and laaaaugh and laaugh).
He definitely covered alot of Matheny. I'm guessing he's the manager too. I'll be shocked if he isn't at this point.
[Reply]
Three7s 10:50 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Only bright side to this for Royals fans is it might be the end of the Moore era if Matheny fails miserably like we all assume he will.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:56 AM 10-23-2019

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:28 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

You’re still mad I called you on your bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 266 of 301
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276 > Last »
Up