ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 301
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
tk13 11:49 PM 09-16-2019
That was a nice win against a playoff contender tonight. Kennedy gets to 30 saves. Aren't many Royals pitchers who've done that.

Ian Kennedy is now just the 3rd pitcher in MLB history to have a 20 win season and a 30 save season in their career. Joins Smoltz and Eckersley

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 11:51 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
That was a nice win against a playoff contender tonight. Kennedy gets to 30 saves. Aren't many Royals pitchers who've done that.

Say what you want about Kennedy but that’s a hell of an exclusive list.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:53 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by SPchief:
A Royal can realistically lead the league in HR, hits, SB and triples.
Would take a heck of a finish by Mondesi to take over the SB crown.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:08 PM 09-17-2019
So the recent mention of Hootie made me recall the debates re: extending Salvy. It went something like this....Salvy was pissy he signed a 5/7.5 deal with 3 option years after (17-19).

Wanted to renegotiate. Everyone agreed that was fine. Hootie the retard said to tear up the last 3 option years entirely and go 5-75 but only a retard would offer that without anything in return.

DM agreed to essentially void his 3 option seasons in 2017-19. They were worth $15m. He got a 6/52 instead starting in 2017. So instead of avg 5/per he got 8.75/per with signing bonus of 6 upfront.

Anyway, since then he’s been worth 1.8 fWAR total in three years. Not good Salvy.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:29 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Man the pitching is so hopeless it’s almost moot trying to fix any of it for 2020. (Kyle yesterday was about as bad as I’ve ever seen a pitcher and that’s saying a lot. Was like an Albie Lopez or Jerry Spradlin). Not sure what the answer is there.

You can platoon Cuthbert at 1B with ROH. Get you 259-20-75 for $1M. That’s fine by me. Leaves 3B and LF. No clue there.
Has Dozier been that bad defensively at 3b this year? Would he be any different in LF?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:15 PM 09-17-2019
So the recent mention of Hootie made me recall the debates re: extending Salvy. It went something like this....Salvy was pissy he signed a 5/7.5 deal with 3 option years after (17-19).

Wanted to renegotiate. Everyone agreed that was fine. Hootie the retard said to tear up the last 3 option years entirely and go 5-75 but only a retard would offer that without anything in return.

DM agreed to essentially void his 3 option seasons in 2017-19. They were worth $15m. He got a 6/52 instead starting in 2017. So instead of avg 5/per he got 8.75/per with signing bonus of 6 upfront.

Anyway, since then he’s been worth 1.8 fWAR total in three years. Not good Salvy.
We should have traded him 2 years ago but you retards were worried about attendance. As it turns out people quit coming even with Salvy on the team because KC is a fairweather baseball town.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:49 AM 09-18-2019
Hopefully Salvy realizes he’s f**** over the team and esp DM with his bad play. He needs a big season or two. Dude better be working out and eating right....we don’t wanna see a blimp walking out there opening day
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:38 AM 09-18-2019
Salvy won the Silver Slugger and Gold Glove in 2018. He sucks /prison douche
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:38 AM 09-18-2019

I thought you were done with Fangraphs WAR?

Their C metrics are particularly weird because of the dramatic emphasis they place on pitch framing?

Perez is 2.5, 2.4 in 17 and 18 on BRef, which is superior, IMO.

He was hurt all of this season and obviously provided no value (the team likely also recouped a good portion of his salary in insurance, which is standard for almost all big deals like his.

He needs to provide 6.5 wins over the course of his deal to meet market value. He’s most likely going to do that.

Re: trading him... always easy to say “trade the guy for a haul!” ... finding the team with the need and willingness to pay a price that makes it worth moving him is another thing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:20 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Salvy won the Silver Slugger and Gold Glove in 2018. He sucks /prison douche
“1.8 war for $26m. That seems like a sound investment” / some dumbass on CP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:19 AM 09-18-2019
“1.8 war for $26m. That seems like a sound investment” / some dumbass on CP
Dumbass miserable fuck who thinks Fangraph WAR is worth a shit especially for catchers.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:13 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I thought you were done with Fangraphs WAR?

Their C metrics are particularly weird because of the dramatic emphasis they place on pitch framing?

Perez is 2.5, 2.4 in 17 and 18 on BRef, which is superior, IMO.

He was hurt all of this season and obviously provided no value (the team likely also recouped a good portion of his salary in insurance, which is standard for almost all big deals like his.

He needs to provide 6.5 wins over the course of his deal to meet market value. He’s most likely going to do that.

Re: trading him... always easy to say “trade the guy for a haul!” ... finding the team with the need and willingness to pay a price that makes it worth moving him is another thing.

I do think it’s off, so let’s double it to 3 War. For 26m? Not exactly a good deal. That’s a guy you let walk frankly.

And this belabors the main point: we didn’t HAVE to give him shit. We had him 2017-19 at $15M and we would be done now. This cannot be compared to a typical FA signing because we don’t have LEVERAGE on them.

If I can’t get this distinction across then I’m talking to myself.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:39 AM 09-18-2019
I do think it’s off, so let’s double it to 3 War. For 26m? Not exactly a good deal. That’s a guy you let walk frankly.

And this belabors the main point: we didn’t HAVE to give him shit. We had him 2017-19 at $15M and we would be done now. This cannot be compared to a typical FA signing because we don’t have LEVERAGE on them.

If I can’t get this distinction across then I’m talking to myself.

From a purely financial standpoint, no they did not.

From a culture perspective, if they had played out the string on Perez’s initial deal it could have damaged them with existing and future players, in terms of reputation. If you develop a reputation for playing hardball with players, it will hamper your ability to sign players (whether as FA or to extensions, etc.)

Real life baseball isn’t OOTP baseball. The players aren’t simulations. There are emotions to address, too.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:31 AM 09-18-2019
Well then you’re bringing things I can’t quantify or debate.

The real point is , war to date doesn’t even matter. We were getting that war under either Contract. . We paid him +9M we didn’t have to (26 vs 17) in order to get him to extend two years, and at a team friendly rate.

So you have to ADD the +9 we are in the hole to his 2/28.4 extension. We are in reality paying 2/37.4m to a guy coming off TJ. I can post the recent FA contracts for catchers if you’d like but you prob already know they’re very low figures, nearly all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:02 PM 09-18-2019
Well then you’re bringing things I can’t quantify or debate.

The real point is , war to date doesn’t even matter. We were getting that war under either Contract. . We paid him +9M we didn’t have to (26 vs 17) in order to get him to extend two years, and at a team friendly rate.

So you have to ADD the +9 we are in the hole to his 2/28.4 extension. We are in reality paying 2/37.4m to a guy coming off TJ. I can post the recent FA contracts for catchers if you’d like but you prob already know they’re very low figures, nearly all.

Yeah, those are things in the “hard to quantify” bucket. Which many forget or won’t acknowledge in the saber-heavy environment today.

He likely would have had a similar market as Yasmani Grandal had he hit FA after this season after the team ran through its original options for him, if healthy and coming off a typical recent season (good power, hoot catch and throw, good receiving and blocking, lackluster OBP and framing). Which actually would be pretty in line with the 37 million figure you’re talking about.
[Reply]
Page 249 of 301
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Up