Originally Posted by bobhill:
Niemann just needs to stick to special teams
Somebody else needs to step up then.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:44 PM 10-19-2020
That's Gay.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:46 PM 10-19-2020
Of the three, Sorenson seems like the best of the lot. He actually makes plays on game day. Not every game day, and he can and will have substandard days, but He's a lunch pail kind of guy that has just enough football IQ/athleticism to get it done most of the time in Spags' scheme.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Of the three, Sorenson seems like the best of the lot. He actually makes plays on game day. Not every game day, and he can and will have substandard days, but He's a lunch pail kind of guy that has just enough football IQ/athleticism to get it done most of the time in Spags' scheme.
He's been pretty bad so far this year. A lot of blown coverages.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:51 PM 10-19-2020
I'm feelin' pretty Gay this afternoon
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:56 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They all look the same. :-)
It's hilarious how many people confuse Dirty Dan for Niemann in the game thread. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:03 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's been pretty bad so far this year. A lot of blown coverages.
Yeah, but we know what Sorenson can do when he's playing well, or even just decent. We've seen it on the field. We've seen him play at that level for an entire game, or for a whole playoff run. Longer even, if you look at the last quarter of last season. And he's shown up and made big plays. In big games, under the brightest lights. At the most critical of times.

Niemann and DOD have never shown up for multiple games in a row, so far as I can tell. Mostly what I remember about these two is a play here or there in a game, then they basically disappear for several games.

So I'd rather take the guy that has already played consistently at a high level over several games, than a couple guys that are still mostly question marks. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
O.city 01:04 PM 10-19-2020
I'd imagine he's just holding a spot until they get Gay up to speed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:07 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
It's hilarious how many people confuse Dirty Dan for Niemann in the game thread. :-)

because they're both completely whiffing on the tackle most of the time.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 01:09 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
because they're both completely whiffing on the tackle most of the time.
DD gets a lifetime pass for that fake punt tackle
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:11 PM 10-19-2020
Yeah, but we know what Sorenson can do when he's playing well, or even just decent. We've seen it on the field. We've seen him play at that level for an entire game, or for a whole playoff run. Longer even, if you look at the last quarter of last season. And he's shown up and made big plays. In big games, under the brightest lights. At the most critical of times.

Niemann and DOD have never shown up for multiple games in a row, so far as I can tell. Mostly what I remember about these two is a play here or there in a game, then they basically disappear for several games.

So I'd rather take the guy that has already played consistently at a high level over several games, than a couple guys that are still mostly question marks. That's all I'm saying.
See, I think this is revisionist history based on fond emotional memories of the handful of big plays Dirty Dan has made over the last couple of years.

The truth is, he whiffs all the damned time. He blows coverage all the damned time. He can't cover ANYONE. He's terrible.

But he has made a couple of big hits, and sniffed out the fake on 4th down against Houston, so everybody loves 'ole Dirty Dan.

Time after time, he blows a play he's got sniffed out and it goes for a big gain. He's the second shittiest player on the field most of the time on this defense.

BUT-those handful of plays in which he didn't shit the bed were big ones.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:12 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
DD gets a lifetime pass for that fake punt tackle
He gets a lifetime of warm regards in my heart.

Now get him the fuck outta there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:37 PM 10-19-2020
See, I think this is revisionist history based on fond emotional memories of the handful of big plays Dirty Dan has made over the last couple of years.

The truth is, he whiffs all the damned time. He blows coverage all the damned time. He can't cover ANYONE. He's terrible.

But he has made a couple of big hits, and sniffed out the fake on 4th down against Houston, so everybody loves 'ole Dirty Dan.

Time after time, he blows a play he's got sniffed out and it goes for a big gain. He's the second shittiest player on the field most of the time on this defense.

BUT-those handful of plays in which he didn't shit the bed were big ones.
Okay, and let's even say that I agree with everything you just said.

Would you take those handful of solid plays from Sorenson, or would you rather pin your hopes on either Niemann or DOD to go out and make a play when you needed one?

Because that's all I was trying to say above. Out of the three of them, Sorenson has showed us more than the other two, in big games, in big moments.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:20 PM 10-19-2020
Okay, and let's even say that I agree with everything you just said.

Would you take those handful of solid plays from Sorenson, or would you rather pin your hopes on either Niemann or DOD to go out and make a play when you needed one?

Because that's all I was trying to say above. Out of the three of them, Sorenson has showed us more than the other two, in big games, in big moments.
given that choice, yeah, I'd play Dan. I am hopeful that Gay will take that LB spot eventually.

What I would prefer is a better player at both spots. You can't have all-pros everywere, and Veach has done a great job with the roster, but LB and O-line have been weak spots for a couple of years now.

Sorensen is less shitty than Niemann, and D'OD appears to be an unfortunate waste of physical ability. Doesn't mean he's good though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 10-19-2020
given that choice, yeah, I'd play Dan. I am hopeful that Gay will take that LB spot eventually.

What I would prefer is a better player at both spots. You can't have all-pros everywere, and Veach has done a great job with the roster, but LB and O-line have been weak spots for a couple of years now.

Sorensen is less shitty than Niemann, and D'OD appears to be an unfortunate waste of physical ability. Doesn't mean he's good though.
Right, that's all I'm saying. These are the three guys on the roster, and of those, I'd take Sorenson every single time.

FWIW, I doubt DOD and Niemann are on the team next season; I figure Veach will find a way to fill those spots with a couple better players.

Sorenson might stick around another season, if he plays up to the standard he set for himself in the playoffs. But regardless, he's not long for staying with the team either, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up