ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Package Deal with Bienemy and Dorsey?
MahomesMagic 08:21 AM 12-02-2020
Sources tell Matt Lombardo of FanSided that Eric Bieniemy and John Dorsey could be a package deal.
The upcoming hiring season should begin in the next few weeks in the NFL as one of several frustrated teams hungry for new leadership will make the first move to hire a new regime. For one team, it could include a reunion of former and current Kansas City Chiefs employees.

Matt Lombardo, National NFL columnist for FanSided, has word that former Chiefs general manager John Dorsey and current offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy might make themselves available as a package deal of sorts for a team looking to recreate the stable success of Kansas City.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/12/...deal-new-team/

Interesting. So if that is the case Bienemy would be looking for a place with a HC and GM opening..
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think owners felt there was an unspoken agreement among owners that the Chiefs took a dive on hunt to protect the league and that he was hands off until the crisis cleared. I don't remember where I read it but it sounded like it wasn't just the Chiefs that were pissed that the browns signed him that quickly.
Yep.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:41 AM 12-02-2020
Skip Dorsey and take a chance on troubled players/draft picks
[Reply]
Mecca 10:32 AM 12-02-2020
That would mean...Atlanta or Detroit if it's legit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 12-02-2020
Dorsey is an excellent talent evaluator and knows how to build a team. And with so many incompetent GM's (how the fuck does Jack Esterby have a job?) i think it's a good move.
[Reply]
wazu 10:41 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think owners felt there was an unspoken agreement among owners that the Chiefs took a dive on hunt to protect the league and that he was hands off until the crisis cleared. I don't remember where I read it but it sounded like it wasn't just the Chiefs that were pissed that the browns signed him that quickly.
They're all just resentful because he beat them to it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dorsey is an excellent talent evaluator and knows how to build a team. And with so many incompetent GM's (how the fuck does Jack Esterby have a job?) i think it's a good move.
It's not the worst move for teams that need a complete talent overhaul, lots of worse candidates get hired all the time.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:43 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A GM has to hire coaches. His one coaching hire was one of the worst in recent NFL history.

So no, he's not a top 5 GM at all.
I feels that Haslam may have had a big hand in that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:43 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Why? Patriot way to Chief way?
[Reply]
TEX 10:44 AM 12-02-2020
Houston also. BOB was both... Jack Easterby is just filling a seat and is no personnel guy. Cal McNair knows this. Personally, if both do end up going to the same place, I hope the duo ends up in Atl. or Det. Do not want that pair teaming up with Deshawn Watson as they rebuild the Texans back into contenders.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why? Patriot way to Chief way?
Dorsey is a control freak so you basically have to find teams that fired the GM or are going to fire the GM and give up a ton of control...those in my view are the only 2 that really fit that bill.

Houston seems caught up in Easterby's bullshit even though he's accomplished nothing.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 12-02-2020
Dorsey is a control freak so you basically have to find teams that fired the GM or are going to fire the GM and give up a ton of control...those in my view are the only 2 that really fit that bill.

Houston seems caught up in Easterby's bullshit even though he's accomplished nothing.
The Jags make the most sense to me for EB.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:50 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Jags make the most sense to me for EB.
Sounds odd but I don't think I'd want that job, no one has been able to win there, you aren't getting Lawrence. It just seems like there is nothing going on there.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 12-02-2020
Sounds odd but I don't think I'd want that job, no one has been able to win there, you aren't getting Lawrence. It just seems like there is nothing going on there.
I think evaluators and NFL people love Fields, even though I personally think he’s overrated. They have weapons in place (Chark, Shenault, Robinson), some nice pieces on defense, and a lot of draft capital to work with.

If EB likes Fields too, that would be a good spot for him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:57 AM 12-02-2020
Dorsey? EB isn't going anywhere with that man. Dorsey has been fired from being a GM twice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Easterby isn't a GM and they've said he won't be the GM. But he's going to have a huge say in who they hire to be GM.

Which means any GM is going to feel like they're working FOR him, not WITH him.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up