ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Package Deal with Bienemy and Dorsey?
MahomesMagic 08:21 AM 12-02-2020
Sources tell Matt Lombardo of FanSided that Eric Bieniemy and John Dorsey could be a package deal.
The upcoming hiring season should begin in the next few weeks in the NFL as one of several frustrated teams hungry for new leadership will make the first move to hire a new regime. For one team, it could include a reunion of former and current Kansas City Chiefs employees.

Matt Lombardo, National NFL columnist for FanSided, has word that former Chiefs general manager John Dorsey and current offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy might make themselves available as a package deal of sorts for a team looking to recreate the stable success of Kansas City.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/12/...deal-new-team/

Interesting. So if that is the case Bienemy would be looking for a place with a HC and GM opening..
[Reply]
Dante84 08:59 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
We would be receiving a 3rd round pick in this draft, correct?
+ another 3rd in ‘22
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 12-02-2020
Still think the Jets will try to get these guys whether they succeed or not.

It would be a great selling point for Lawrence to go there
[Reply]
milkshock 09:04 AM 12-02-2020
JFC surely Bienemey would destroy himself being directly associated with Dorsey.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Dorsey stacked KC with talent, Then he stacked Cleveland with talent. If I was an owner and wanted to start winning I'd hire Dorsey in a heartbeat and provide him a team to manage the cap like Veach has. Bringing in Bienemy would be a good move also because he has been Andy's right hand man and is a great leader.

I just hope they go to an NFC team
Dorsey has zero business hiring head coaches.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Needs to go back to focusing on personnel. Any team would be really lucky to have him. Anything above that we already know is way out of his league. Imagine our team if Ballard called the shots with Dorsey doing the personnel work. Not that it matters since we wound up in a great place anyway with a great GM.
Ballard and Dorsey are both gone because of how much say Reid has.

Veach and Reid don't mind sharing things. Dorsey didn't like it as much.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:11 AM 12-02-2020
Take away Dorseys ability to handle contracts and hes a top 5 GM in all likelihood.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:17 AM 12-02-2020
There were rumors swirling that many teams, not just the Chiefs, were furious with Dorsey for signing kareem hunt. That's in addition to the freddie kitchens fiasco and it's damning that the guy that would have been hired (Stefanski) is looking like a solid hire. So I'm not sure Dorsey has a very good brand among owners right now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:19 AM 12-02-2020
There were rumors swirling that many teams, not just the Chiefs, were furious with Dorsey for signing kareem hunt. That's in addition to the freddie kitchens fiasco and it's damning that the guy that would have been hired (Stefanski) is looking like a solid hire. So I'm not sure Dorsey has a very good brand among owners right now.
Why would we care about Hunt?
[Reply]
milkshock 09:21 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
no comp for one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 AM 12-02-2020
We don't.

Many owners did.

Read the post again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Take away Dorseys ability to handle contracts and hes a top 5 GM in all likelihood.
A GM has to hire coaches. His one coaching hire was one of the worst in recent NFL history.

So no, he's not a top 5 GM at all.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:28 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't see the advantage from EB's perspective. But if this is true, they are heading to the Texans...
fixed
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
fixed
Again, Dorsey left KC because he wanted more control.

The McNair's have already said Jack Easterby will not only be retained but he will play an essential role in forming the future culture the Texans, even if he won't be the GM.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:31 AM 12-02-2020
Clark certainly didn't like him. At 0:31 of the Mahomes draft video, you see the reaction of the Chiefs war room. Hunt and Dorsey are happily shaking hands with others in the room, but when Dorsey extends his hand to Hunt, Clark just gives him a slight fist bump, and Dorsey then immediately puts his hands behind his back. As Clark walks away from him, Dorsey wipes his hands on his pants like he just touched something nasty.

There was clearly no love lost there.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 12-02-2020
I think owners felt there was an unspoken agreement among owners that the Chiefs took a dive on hunt to protect the league and that he was hands off until the crisis cleared. I don't remember where I read it but it sounded like it wasn't just the Chiefs that were pissed that the browns signed him that quickly.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up