ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frig ice maker
Holladay 12:29 AM 12-02-2020
The frig is not making ice. Over Thanksgiving, my Mom used a lot of ice for tea. I think she used what was left in the hopper. So I don't know how long it hasn't worked.

I saw a notification, on the frig, that the water filter needed to be changed a week before. It has happened before and figured I had a week to replace it.

So, after Thanksgiving, I changed the filter and no ice. I forgot to bleed the system of air in the system. I ran through 2+ gallons on the water supply side, which did have air, and thought the problem solved but still no ice. I thought that the line was possibly frozen, so cut the power and left the doors open for half a day.

The water dispenser still works ie. ran 2+ gallons to get the air out, but the ice maker doesn't fill up with water to make ice.

I am clueless. I get water to fill a glass, but no water into the ice maker???

Thoughts.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:38 AM 12-02-2020
Sometimes if the filter or ice mechanism isn't pushed all the way in and set right the ice machine won't work. Mine is really picky about the twist and push to lock it in place.

So maybe ...
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:42 AM 12-02-2020
Life can be a real Bitch some times.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:35 AM 12-02-2020
Check the ice making mechanism, there is a bar that drops down to monitor the level of ice in the bin. Sometimes it gets frozen in the up position or if it's pushed all the way up it clicks into place up top to stop the making of ice on purpose.

Also, sometimes if the freezer is left ajar the ice being made partially melts, then freezes again, it can form a sheet of ice cubes and jam up the mechanism.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:43 AM 12-02-2020
I finally hooked up my life’s only ice maker about 4 months ago, so I got nothin.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 05:07 AM 12-02-2020
If not used for a while, Ice can seal the bottom. Use a hair dryer to melt all the ice buildup.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:08 AM 12-02-2020
I feel sorry for your mom, serving her old, raggedy, freezer burned skanky ice, like that. Shame on you, looser!
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:21 AM 12-02-2020
Some have a reset button you have to hold down to get it going again. Check your owners manual.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:25 AM 12-02-2020
Google the brand, model and problem. There's probably 5 YouTube videos on it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:25 AM 12-02-2020
Sounds like you got hosed on your ice maker
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:44 AM 12-02-2020
try vodka
[Reply]
ping2000 07:46 AM 12-02-2020
No one mentions antifreeze? C'mon people!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:54 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Check the ice making mechanism, there is a bar that drops down to monitor the level of ice in the bin. Sometimes it gets frozen in the up position or if it's pushed all the way up it clicks into place up top to stop the making of ice on purpose.

Also, sometimes if the freezer is left ajar the ice being made partially melts, then freezes again, it can form a sheet of ice cubes and jam up the mechanism.
^^^^This

If the bar was down and it still isn't making ice you have a couple of choices:
1. Watch youtube videos to trouble shoot the problem. Could be the thermistor or the timer
2. Look up model # on the fridge and order a complete new mechanism. Mine ice maker was not in the door i.e. separate unit in the freezer. Cost about $100 and took about 15 minutes to swap out
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:57 AM 12-02-2020
Samsung fridge by chance? They are known for icemaker issues.
[Reply]
Otter 08:11 AM 12-02-2020
This is where YouTube comes in handy my friend...

Also, with the weather being what it is (depending on your location) you can put all your food outside and let the refrigerator & freezer de-thaw for 24 hours. Does wonders.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up