ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:24 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Hooters used to have the best fish sandwich around - the Grouper. Good fried fish, cheese, onions, soft roll - it was perfect. But the last time I went to one it wasn't on the menu anymore. :-)
Their steamed shrimp was always good
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:25 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yep. Lives matter. Livelihoods don't. I get it. Loud and clear.
Both matter but human lives generally take precedence. It's not good business to kill your customers. See Boeing stock the last few years.

It just sucks for bars that people drinking together for hours in a confined space while they lose all inhibitions is like the worst thing you can do in a pandemic.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:26 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)
Fish actually thinks government forced shutdown are = to "Market Capitalism".

Unreal, just completely insane.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:29 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Their steamed shrimp was always good
Yeah.

I had terrible luck with waitresses there. I always seemed to get the one who was busting out of that gold hose they wore, and had a cold sore.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
"Someone explain Bloody Marys to me. Y'all drinking spaghetti sauce with vodka."
People that say that also think that the Olive Garden actually serves marinara sauce. And those noodles are really pasta.:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:31 PM 11-30-2020
Both matter but human lives generally take precedence. It's not good business to kill your customers. See Boeing stock the last few years.
So bad that the MAX crashes caused their stock to drop 17 months after the fact and totally unrelated to the events of March 2020.

It just sucks for bars that people drinking together for hours in a confined space while they lose all inhibitions is like the worst thing you can do in a pandemic.
Like Nashville this summer?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:35 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So bad that the MAX crashes caused their stock to drop 17 months after the fact and totally unrelated to the events of March 2020.
Yeah I read that wrong. Never mind I guess you can kill your customers and no one cares.
[Reply]
Fish 01:40 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fish actually thinks government forced shutdown are = to "Market Capitalism".

Unreal, just completely insane.
Remember when you predicted that the Coronavirus death total wouldn't go over 5,000?

Hilarious...
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:41 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Reading just the last page of posts makes me wonder whether any of you have even been to a sports bar. Hell, any bar. Well, except Dane, but he lives in SoCal, which isn't really a bar mecca. It's kind of an anti-bar place. Like Tulsa Ok is to strip clubs. They resemble bars superficially, but CA sports bars are just about the worst venues imaginable so far as bars go.

The only thing worse might be national chain sports bar, like Hooters, Wild Wings, etc. The atmosphere is gimmicky like McDs/Wendy's, and the food is basically crap. Add in the wait staff that all wear the same outfit and stupid pins with dumb sayings on them and you're in bar hell with fake perky people bringing you drinks, hopefully some time before you actually have to get up and go to the bar and ask for one.
As far as KC is concerned, there are very few places I can think of that I'd rather watch sports than Buffalo Wild Wings... there are some sports bars around town that have better food or more local things on the walls, and I'm sure they have better drinks (I would always stick to beer at BWW)..... but, for wall-to-wall TVs where you don't have to sit in a particular spot to see that one TV with a game on (or struggle to hear the sound, if it's playing at all), and what I think is decent food, it's hard to beat, IMO.

If you're talking about a Cheers kind of quaint bar... then yeah, not a fan on game day.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:41 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Remember when you predicted that the Coronavirus death total wouldn't go over 5,000?

Hilarious...
He just meant in his hick town of mcbubbelfuck missouri man, get it right.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:43 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yep. Lives matter. Livelihoods don't. I get it. Loud and clear.
A common argument I've heard from people in favor of abortion is "the kids would be born into poverty with parents who can't afford them, it's better this way."
[Reply]
stevieray 01:50 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep.

Women want to be pursued, even by their husbands that have been married for years.

You better be in the top 10% of men if you want to slay pussy without work. I know I was in the “work” category. :-)
Damn right.

I love the process. Know all the buttons to push.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:52 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Damn right.

I love the process. Know all the buttons to push.

You’re a genius then. I’ve been married 12 years and I still can’t predict her reaction to anything I say or do. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:55 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
As far as KC is concerned, there are very few places I can think of that I'd rather watch sports than Buffalo Wild Wings... there are some sports bars around town that have better food or more local things on the walls, and I'm sure they have better drinks (I would always stick to beer at BWW)..... but, for wall-to-wall TVs where you don't have to sit in a particular spot to see that one TV with a game on (or struggle to hear the sound, if it's playing at all), and what I think is decent food, it's hard to beat, IMO.

If you're talking about a Cheers kind of quaint bar... then yeah, not a fan on game day.
Guess they don't have real sports bars in KC. When I lived there in the late '90s I was working way too much to spend any time in bars, and I worked almost every Sunday back then, so watching the game at all was a no-go.

STL had some good sports bars, neighborhood joints with plenty of TVs, or the local fan bar (can't remember the name of it now, but there was a Chiefs bar in STL back then), so all 12 TVs were tuned to the Chiefs game if possible.

But a decent family-owned sports bar also has great food, not that crap they serve at BWW. Because it matters to the guy/girl actually cooking it. It's like a signature thing. Their name/reputation is riding on the quality of the food they're serving. national chains serve the same crap whether they're in NY or TX. So you get Olive Garden quality menus.

I could get into the details of what makes a great bar, and why it's a great meeting place/cultural icon, but I have a feeling this is far from the right audience, so I'm done with this one, other than to say that the demise of the locally-owned sports bar/watering hole will be a sad day, and not just for their owners, and not even for just their patrons, but for the American cultural landscape as well.

But at least we have zoom and phone apps so more people can look like zombies hunched over their tiny screens ignoring their fellows, right?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:59 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That probably has more to do with the fact that younger people have shitty social skills due to the way they communicate now.

It's still much easier now than it use to be added on with all the other options at someone's fingertips to engage their time in and here we are.
If only we had places to go where younger people could go to have fun, interact and work on their social skills with the opposite sex....
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up