ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs will receive a 3rd round pick if Bieniemy becomes a HC
BlackOp 11:46 PM 11-10-2020
Chiefs will receive a 3rd round comp pick if Bieniemy becomes a minority HC...

Pretty much every game the announcers state he wont be Chiefs OC for long...

Sweet deal...3rd round has been kind to KC.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:27 AM 11-11-2020
And then do we get moar picks if we hire another black coach?
[Reply]
Dante84 01:35 AM 11-11-2020
I’m sure (white) Kafka is next in line for OC, but our (black) RB coach is a badass, too.
[Reply]
KCWolfpack 02:39 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Anyone know how they determine the order of compensatory picks in a round?
It is usually Draft order for that draft. However, there are multiple categories of comp picks that can scramble that around a bit. I'd imagine this would be a new category, but have no idea how they would order it with the other categories.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:32 AM 11-11-2020

[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:34 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Anyone know how they determine the order of compensatory picks in a round?
I think these (there are two) are at the end of the round.
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:47 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I’m sure (white) Kafka is next in line for OC, but our (black) RB coach is a badass, too.
Rumor is Bilicheat is firing all white staff this off-season.....
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:08 AM 11-11-2020
Eric was a second rounder in 1991. That is holding on to some value
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:32 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I dont think KC will miss EB much as far as offensive productivity...maybe the sideline "rah-rah" motivator aspect. They didn't when both Nagy and Pederson left...

Reid is the OC and has always been...who ever becomes their new "OC" will simply be an extension of a system that is already in place. Nothing will really change...

Reid is a good mentor for how to run a stable organization...it's why his coaching tree is huge. That will be why Bieniemy is hired...not for KC's offense. They know it's Reid's show..
Kafka is being prepped for the role. We won't miss a beat.
[Reply]
KCJake 07:42 AM 11-11-2020
I dont think KC will miss EB much as far as offensive productivity...maybe the sideline "rah-rah" motivator aspect. They didn't when both Nagy and Pederson left...

Reid is the OC and has always been...who ever becomes their new "OC" will simply be an extension of a system that is already in place. Nothing will really change...

Reid is a good mentor for how to run a stable organization...it's why his coaching tree is huge. That will be why Bieniemy is hired...not for KC's offense. They know it's Reid's show..
Racist.

J/k. I agree. 100% spot on
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:53 AM 11-11-2020
I am more worried about losing whoever it is on our defensive staff that is breaking down film. Someone there is doing great work..

We are one of the few teams that knew exactly what to do against Allen (mess up his pre-snap reads), Lamar (pack the triangle)..etc
[Reply]
TLO 11-11-2020, 07:55 AM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: A
Hoover 08:12 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I am more worried about losing whoever it is on our defensive staff that is breaking down film. Someone there is doing great work..

We are one of the few teams that knew exactly what to do against Allen (mess up his pre-snap reads), Lamar (pack the triangle)..etc
This
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:33 AM 11-11-2020

I agree with this....I think the innovation of the offense comes mostly from Reid. I'm sure that EB contributes in meaningful ways to a degree, but as BlackOps mentions, the offense was fine post Nagy and Pederson, and I'm assume they also had some level of meaningful contribution as well.

However, while I say that: Neither Philly nor the Bears looks anywhere close to innovative that the Chiefs offense does, although that could be simply because of the athletic talent or execution on the field moreson than the design of the play or how the plays are even called.

So, I agree that we probably don't miss EB as much as EB misses Andy and the players he had in KC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 11-11-2020
It's two picks, one in the initial year of the hire and one in the next year.

So if someone hires EB this February, we'll get a 3rd-round comp pick in 21 and 22.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Umm yea it’s Spags and he’s not going anywhere...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm yea it’s Spags and he’s not going anywhere...
Honestly, that's one of the big benefits of hiring an ex-head coach to be a coordinator.

Not only do you get his positive experience but you get his NEGATIVE experience too. While people talk about EB like he has one foot out the door, you know Spags isn't hopping to go anywhere.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up