ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 53
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:26 PM 10-20-2020
My only complaint with Mecole is that he is still thinking too much. This is true on returns as well as as a WR.

Darwin has the same problem. (except as a RB!)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
My expectation is that by next year we wouldn't be forced to use a top pick at WR in the draft. As it stands I don't see how you can avoid taking a wide receiver with the 1st or 2nd pick. That's fine, but we also likely have needs in that range at linebacker, OL, and maybe DL. It would be nice if Hardman could show anything at all to give the team confidence they could wait to take a receiver if necessary.
This gonna sound weird but at this point I'm not really all that unsure that Byron Pringle couldn't do Sammy Watkins job...
[Reply]
penguinz 01:29 PM 10-20-2020
My expectation is that by next year we wouldn't be forced to use a top pick at WR in the draft. As it stands I don't see how you can avoid taking a wide receiver with the 1st or 2nd pick. That's fine, but we also likely have needs in that range at linebacker, OL, and maybe DL. It would be nice if Hardman could show anything at all to give the team confidence they could wait to take a receiver if necessary.
Watkins will resign with KC if he still wants to play. He loves Reed and PM.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:30 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Watkins will resign with KC if he still wants to play. He loves Reed and PM.
I'm not so sure we have the cap flexibility to do so, and I'm not even sure we should with Watkins proving yet again that he can't stay healthy.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 10-20-2020
I'm not so sure we have the cap flexibility to do so, and I'm not even sure we should with Watkins proving yet again that he can't stay healthy.
We have a lot of FA's after the year and I don't really expect a ton of them back to be honest...
[Reply]
scho63 01:56 PM 10-20-2020
Last year he seemed to speed straight ahead on KO returns for nice gains- this year it's all 40 yards sideways for no gain.

He also seems to be a situational receiver - I wish they would give him a jet sweep or WR screen a couple of times per game.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:59 PM 10-20-2020
Exactly.

The guy is clearly losing the confidence of his coaches if WRs like Robinson and Pringle are getting more snaps than him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 10-20-2020
Watkins, Robinson, AND Pringle are free agents after this year. I don't see how there's a way they can bring Watkins back for more money when he can't stay healthy.

Hardman developing isn't going to negate the need for another WR because he's NOT THAT TYPE OF RECEIVER. All of our big-bodied, blocking WR's are free agents. I don't know how many times it has been said but you can't just plug Hardman into Watkins' slot and move forward. It won't work.

They're going to always need more WR's. That's the price to pay for having an offense like this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Exactly.

The guy is clearly losing the confidence of his coaches if WRs like Robinson and Pringle are getting more snaps than him.
Wrong. It's called personnel packages. When they're run-heavy, Hardman doesn't play as much. It's a simple as that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:05 PM 10-20-2020
I'm not a Hardman fan boy whatsoever and he shouldn't be returning kickoffs, but he definitely wasn't in as much because he's not a very good blocker.

Yes Hardman was a 2nd rounder, but he was a project and there arent many players with his kind of speed. He is gonna take time to learn to run all the routes better and Andy and Brett have faith that he can learn those routes. If he does become as good as Sammy, Robinson, or Pringle at running routes then he becomes a number 1b receiver right behind Hill. Hill is a legit top 3 WR (I think he would be the consensus top WR in the game if we didn't have so many other badasses) and Hardman will become a top 15-20 WR if he develops into a better route runner.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 10-20-2020
Keep those down-votes coming.

I might just post some stats to show you how wrong you really are. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:38 PM 10-20-2020
smh.

Overreaction Planet.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:59 PM 10-20-2020
What's up with Hardman? Hes 2nd in TD receptions for all WRs on the roster
[Reply]
58-4ever 10-20-2020, 03:16 PM
This message has been deleted by 58-4ever. Reason: Your Mom
JakeF 04:45 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Watkins, Robinson, AND Pringle are free agents after this year. I don't see how there's a way they can bring Watkins back for more money when he can't stay healthy.

Hardman developing isn't going to negate the need for another WR because he's NOT THAT TYPE OF RECEIVER. All of our big-bodied, blocking WR's are free agents. I don't know how many times it has been said but you can't just plug Hardman into Watkins' slot and move forward. It won't work.

They're going to always need more WR's. That's the price to pay for having an offense like this.
They shouldn't bring any of those guys back.

Watkins - too much money
Robinson - not good enough
Pringle - unless they give him a real chance we won't know what he can really do.

Can Pringle return kicks better than Hardman? Somebody has to be able to.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:50 PM 10-20-2020
I rather give Pringle a start over Hardman and see what happens.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 53
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up