ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 53
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Dante84 09:40 AM 10-20-2020
Just for shits and giggles - and not that I want to - but I'm curious what kind of haul we could get for Hardman via trade, either player swap or draft capital.

Let's say, hypothetically, Veach/Reid/Mahomes/Toub haven't been as impressed with MH's development, know that he's probably peaked in terms of value, and teams are open to acquiring him. What could we get? What sort of contingencies would we need to account for with his departure?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Just for shits and giggles - and not that I want to - but I'm curious what kind of haul we could get for Hardman via trade, either player swap or draft capital.

Let's say, hypothetically, Veach/Reid/Mahomes/Toub haven't been as impressed with MH's development, know that he's probably peaked in terms of value, and teams are open to acquiring him. What could we get? What sort of contingencies would we need to account for with his departure?
He might bring a 4th but I'd be shocked if you could get higher than that. He's worth more than that to the team, despite his underwhelming play.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:44 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He might bring a 4th but I'd be shocked if you could get higher than that. He's worth more than that to the team, despite his underwhelming play.
Agreed, I'd keep him for sure if that's all that was on the table.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:53 AM 10-20-2020
No one is giving up a 4th for Hardman. You'll be lucky to get a 6th...

Hey what weed strain are you currently smoking? Must be some good shit.
[Reply]
TEX 10:07 AM 10-20-2020
All WR's on this team have to learn everybody else's roles. Hardman can run every route Hill can, at least in theory, or he won't play because that's Andy's rule.

If Hill were to go down, we absolutely would see Hardman having a greater role.
Exactly. See Raven's game last season.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:12 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Would people stop with this Hardman is a Hill replacement crap? Hardman is not Hill and never will be. Just because they both are fast doesnt make Hardman Hill. Hardman is a one-trick pony while WR Hill can beat you in so many different ways.

That said I'm not just ready to give up on Hardman but it doesn't look like he will anything more than a speed guy who will beat you on deep routes.
I'm not saying he is Hill, but routes like Wasp are routes that only a guy with Hill speed can do. That's what I'm saying. He's obviously not the same caliber of player but he can run those routes where you need that high end speed to stretch the defense. Call it a poor man's Hill if that makes you feel better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
No one is giving up a 4th for Hardman. You'll be lucky to get a 6th...

Hey what weed strain are you currently smoking? Must be some good shit.
:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 10:39 AM 10-20-2020
Hardman is not a refined route runner he's also in a deep and talented group, it happens.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:48 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Hardman is fine.
But I do like Pringle
This. End of thread
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:57 AM 10-20-2020
Hardman really needed an intense offseason regimen of route running, building core strength and more reps with the entire offense in order to progress in 2020 and because of COVID-19, that did not occur.

I can understand why some people are down on him but it's hardly the end of the world.

The Chiefs have other receivers that can and have stepped up and Hardman will continue to learn and grow over the course of the season.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 11:00 AM 10-20-2020
Hardman is fine. He’s young and having to work more than last year and is figuring it out. It’s his 2nd season in the league. He’s fine.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:12 PM 10-20-2020
Seems like the only route Hardman is consistent at is the deep post play which opposing teams are taking away with 8-man deep coverages.

Otherwise the only way to get him the ball are on bubble screens/jet sweeps, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seems like the only route Hardman is consistent at is the deep post play which opposing teams are taking away with 8-man deep coverages.

Otherwise the only way to get him the ball are on bubble screens/jet sweeps, etc.
They use him in the running game the same way they use Tyreek.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Hardman really needed an intense offseason regimen of route running, building core strength and more reps with the entire offense in order to progress in 2020 and because of COVID-19, that did not occur.

I can understand why some people are down on him but it's hardly the end of the world.

The Chiefs have other receivers that can and have stepped up and Hardman will continue to learn and grow over the course of the season.
He's a 2nd-year player with no offseason. Not sure what people expect really.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:24 PM 10-20-2020
He's a 2nd-year player with no offseason. Not sure what people expect really.
My expectation is that by next year we wouldn't be forced to use a top pick at WR in the draft. As it stands I don't see how you can avoid taking a wide receiver with the 1st or 2nd pick. That's fine, but we also likely have needs in that range at linebacker, OL, and maybe DL. It would be nice if Hardman could show anything at all to give the team confidence they could wait to take a receiver if necessary.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 53
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up