ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 53
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
5-10 per game. He for sure shouldn't be getting less than or as many targets as Demarcus Robinson. So yeah some of the targets that go to Robinson should be going to Hardman. And yet...
Mecole Hardman has 39 targets on 354 snaps this season. He gets targeted on 11% of his plays.

Demarcus Robinson has 44 targets on 503 snaps this season. He gets targeted on 8% of his plays.

Yeah, that all but blows your argument out of the water man. You're wrong.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:05 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Hardman is going to make good money in the nfl. I dont think it will be with the chiefs though. He will play out his 4 years here (and continue to be productive and improve) and then some team is going to pay him to try to be their version of tyreek lite.
That's very possible. My issue lately with some of the draft picks is that due to the big money we have tied up in Mahomes and others we're not going to have the money available to sign many free agents or sign some of our own guys. So we're absolutely going to have to find young players to contribute, ideally early on. While Hardman clearly has contributed, he's nowhere near his ceiling. By the time he reaches that ceiling he's probably gone or getting paid more. Same goes for someone like Willie Gay, who possibly might not reach his ceiling for another year or two. At that point we have first contract players who maybe are at their peak for 1-2 years before they potentially move on. Pretty soon I'm not sure we're going to have the luxury to wait 2-3 years for a player to develop.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:18 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That's very possible. My issue lately with some of the draft picks is that due to the big money we have tied up in Mahomes and others we're not going to have the money available to sign many free agents or sign some of our own guys. So we're absolutely going to have to find young players to contribute, ideally early on. While Hardman clearly has contributed, he's nowhere near his ceiling. By the time he reaches that ceiling he's probably gone or getting paid more. Same goes for someone like Willie Gay, who possibly might not reach his ceiling for another year or two. At that point we have first contract players who maybe are at their peak for 1-2 years before they potentially move on. Pretty soon I'm not sure we're going to have the luxury to wait 2-3 years for a player to develop.
So the Chiefs need to start drafting Day 1 Pro Bowlers from here on out. I think this sounds good too. I will email Brett in the morning.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:20 AM 12-02-2020
Then we'll be shit out of luck. Every team in the NFL develops their players to reach their potential, and it typically takes at least 2 years. Hardman contributed significantly in year one, fortunately. CEH, Sneed, and Gay are as well.

I'm guessing we're doing about as well as one could hope.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:21 AM 12-02-2020
5-10 per game. He for sure shouldn't be getting less than or as many targets as Demarcus Robinson. So yeah some of the targets that go to Robinson should be going to Hardman. And yet...
Wow, you going to take that up with Pat?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 AM 12-02-2020
Hardman, while developing, has been very productive and efficient. Almost 1,000 yards and 9 TD’s in 26 games. It’s not like we aren’t getting anything out of him while he’s still developing.

Gay has also made some plays in his short time developing. He’s played 10 fucking games in his career dude. That’s in a very weird offseason/season for rookies in particular. Not every rookie will take 2-3 years (Thornhill/Sneed/Clyde), but if you expect them all to be Pro Bowlers or All-Pros in year one then you just aren’t being realistic.

The Chiefs are literally getting something out of all of these rookies:

CEH
Sneed
Wharton
Danna
Gay

2019:

Thornhill
Allegretti
Hardman
Fenton

I mean do you even listen to yourself sometimes? The Chiefs have gotten plenty out of their rookies and second year guys the last 2 years. Young guys can still contribute while developing.

And next year (and probably the year after) we will have a shit ton of draft picks to work with between comp picks and the 2 3rd’s we will receive when Bieniemy gets a HC job.

Veach totally has this under control. Relax dude.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:10 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Mecole Hardman has 39 targets on 354 snaps this season. He gets targeted on 11% of his plays.

Demarcus Robinson has 44 targets on 503 snaps this season. He gets targeted on 8% of his plays.

That dude has been scoruing the roster for guys to bitch about it's like he forgets were 10-1
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 12-02-2020
https://twitter.com/d_harms19/status...110172672?s=21
[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 12-02-2020
The chiefs are going to be perennially drafting at the end of every round for a while

This is how it’s gonna be. You aren’t getting blue chippers there. You’re gonna need to develop dudes
[Reply]
-King- 03:38 PM 12-02-2020

How does that blow my argument out lol? Yeah I still think he should be getting more targets than Robinson. If that means more snaps too. Then yeah that too.
[Reply]
-King- 03:42 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That dude has been scoruing the roster for guys to bitch about it's like he forgets were 10-1
I swear I don't get the whole "we're 10-1 so we can't discuss anything we rightly or wrongly perceive as bad". I give props to every one that I feel deserve props. If there's someone who I feel isn't playing up to their potential/expectations, I'll say it.

But yeah, I'm happy as fuck we're 10-1. I think I'll include that in every post for you and the "we're 10-1, stfu!" warriors.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 12-02-2020
How does that blow my argument out lol? Yeah I still think he should be getting more targets than Robinson. If that means more snaps too. Then yeah that too.
The problem is that it has nothing to do with Hardman's ability. It has everything to do with Andy Reid's sub packages.

You're criticizing Hardman for something he doesn't control. You said Hardman should get more targets than Robinson. He does, you were wrong.

Now you're saying he should get more snaps too. Well, you'll have to take that up with Reid because Hardman doesn't control that. There are times when Tyreek isn't even on the field because of personnel packages.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 12-02-2020
I swear I don't get the whole "we're 10-1 so we can't discuss anything we rightly or wrongly perceive as bad". I give props to every one that I feel deserve props. If there's someone who I feel isn't playing up to their potential/expectations, I'll say it.

But yeah, I'm happy as fuck we're 10-1. I think I'll include that in every post for you and the "we're 10-1, stfu!" warriors.
Discussions are fine. Always have been.

A lot of this crap isn't "discussing", it's just blathering on and on with no purpose.
[Reply]
-King- 04:21 PM 12-02-2020
Discussions are fine. Always have been.

A lot of this crap isn't "discussing", it's just blathering on and on with no purpose.
Then just ignore it.
[Reply]
O.city 04:24 PM 12-02-2020
After looking thru all this I can definitely say they need to get the ball to Hardman a lot more.

Give him all of robinsons touches.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 53
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up