ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:39 AM 08-21-2020
Getting some middling reviews and warnings of "It's a Nolan Film". After Dunkirk, I cant give him the benefit of the doubt (Interstellar and Memento are GOAT tier movies).
[Reply]
Pants 02:43 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Getting some middling reviews and warnings of "It's a Nolan Film". After Dunkirk, I cant give him the benefit of the doubt (Interstellar and Memento are GOAT tier movies).
Inception and the Batman trilogy too.

I really enjoyed Dunkirk. I can see how a lot of people may not have, though.

I wish someone would make a quality WW2 aerial combat movie. Nolan killed it with those scenes. It felt like I was in the damn airplane watching the movie in the theater.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:03 PM 08-21-2020
If it’s as confusing as it seems it could be then it might be a movie that gets better with additional viewings.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:44 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Inception and the Batman trilogy too.

I really enjoyed Dunkirk. I can see how a lot of people may not have, though.

I wish someone would make a quality WW2 aerial combat movie. Nolan killed it with those scenes. It felt like I was in the damn airplane watching the movie in the theater.
The Prestige is also very good. I’m not about to doubt the quality of this one based on any reviews.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:41 AM 08-22-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:14 AM 08-22-2020
Put a clip from the composer in the appropriate Mandalorian thread

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...&postcount=626
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:45 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Presale tix on sale now.
If it’s playing In your area? It is mine. They are doing pre screenings Aug 31-Sep 2
Just got my seat for 5 pm IMAX showing Aug. 31
[Reply]
sully1983 10:25 AM 08-22-2020
This sounds like the most Nolan Nolanist Nolany film he's made yet. Can't wait to see it IMAX in Tempe opening weekend.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:02 AM 08-22-2020
New trailer looks great. Probably going to avoid the theater though which sucks
[Reply]
Bowser 11:06 AM 08-22-2020
Dig that music.

And yes, this looks like the biggest Nolan mindfuck yet.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:20 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Dig that music.

And yes, this looks like the biggest Nolan mindfuck yet.
FWIW, the trailer music wasn't written by Ludwig, it's from a music library
[Reply]
Bowser 11:24 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FWIW, the trailer music wasn't written by Ludwig, it's from a music library
They just lifted the beat from some download site? That's somehow disappointing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:40 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They just lifted the beat from some download site? That's somehow disappointing.
Trailer Music is a huge, huge part of the film and TV business.

Prior to 2000, trailers generally consisted of music in a studio's library, which is why you'd hear music from Field of Dreams or some other previously released movie's score in trailers.

But that all changed in the new millennium as digital audio, with instant editing and samplers that could handle huge orchestral libraries that became available through faster computer CPU's, more RAM and larger hard drives. Now, it's all about the Brass Swells and huge percussive BOOMS! and so on.

Generally speaking, a big budget feature film's trailer will use multiple tracks from multiple Trailer Libraries to create the trailer, with the music chosen by the specific editor of the trailer.

It's a very "crowded" genre which is why I've avoided that aspect of composing but I did have the John Carter of Mars trailer on Starz! and Encore that ran for nearly a full year back in 2012.
[Reply]
RN47 02:22 PM 08-22-2020
Hmm. Trailer music didn’t make me want to see this, and despite the locations and visuals, it all seems to be rather formulaic at this point for a Nolan movie. Same soup warmed over.

Pass.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:42 PM 08-22-2020
I’ve read a couple reviews that basically call this a mess and a snoozer, prolly gonna wait for a rental
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up