ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 59
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:42 PM 02-15-2014
It is better it's out in the open. Then having your daughter marry a man who's out meeting guys at the I-70 bathrooms. Or your son supporting a woman who's out spreading it for biker chicks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:55 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Threads like this are cool because they let you know right away which side of the fence people are on. It's an interesting read.
Definitely.

It's tough to tell, but I feel like the "why do they keep telling us? Why can't they just be gay and keep it to themselves?" comment is thinly veiled homophobia.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:59 PM 02-15-2014
The most vocal and harshly critical gay bashers often turn out be closet homosexuals who are desperately trying to prove to themselves and others how "straight" they are.

I think we are seeing some of that in this thread.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:01 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Definitely.

It's tough to tell, but I feel like the "why do they keep telling us? Why can't they just be gay and keep it to themselves?" comment is thinly veiled homophobia.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 PM 02-15-2014
Definitely.

I can only speak for myself, but outside of the anonymity of here, I am not one given to offering my opinion on things unless asked or required by my work.

This is largely due to my hanging out with people with whom I would disagree on a number of issues.

And I'm not 'sick of it' or 'offended by it,' just weary of the Pavlovian feedback loop.

I'm gay

[massive applause]

I think it's great s/he said s/he's gay!!

So eloquent, I'm in tears.
[Reply]
Donger 01:05 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I can only speak for myself, but outside of the anonymity of here, I am not one given to offering my opinion on things unless asked or required by my work.

This is largely due to my hanging out with people with whom I would disagree on a number of issues.

And I'm not 'sick of it' or 'offended by it,' just weary of the Pavlovian feedback loop.

I'm gay

[massive applause]

I think it's great s/he said s/he's gay!!

So eloquent, I'm in tears.
It is odd, especially when "I'm proud to be gay" is included. It really isn't much of an accomplishment.
[Reply]
Donger 01:09 PM 02-15-2014
Definitely.

I love recently invented words.
[Reply]
ping2000 01:09 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
It is odd, especially when "I'm proud to be gay" is included. It really isn't much of an accomplishment.
I would think it would be more of an accomplishment to be bi. Convincingly playing both parts.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:10 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
The most vocal and harshly critical gay bashers often turn out be closet homosexuals who are desperately trying to prove to themselves and others how "straight" they are.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:14 PM 02-15-2014

Yeah, and Dave Lane secretly yearns to be a Christian.

Please to note that I made a specific assertion, albeit a sarcastic one. I didn't make a scurrilous generalization, and intone that an unidentified set of people posting here might be guilty of said scurrilous generalization.

And that doesn't even address the hypocrisy of critiquing 'detractors' of homosexuality by accusing them of said homosexuality, as if it were something to be ACCUSED of, as in a shameful designation.
[Reply]
Donger 01:14 PM 02-15-2014
I think that Laz just "came out."
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:16 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Chicks are f---- bitches dude. I thought everyone knew that. There will never be an explosion of lesbianism because women can't get along with each other anyway.
Doesn't mean I don't want to dip my wick.
[Reply]
Donger 01:18 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, and Dave Lane secretly yearns to be a Christian.
:-)
[Reply]
ping2000 01:21 PM 02-15-2014

Almost as bad as the people who jump up and down and go overboard when someone announces they are gay so people won't think they are homophobic. Reminds me of the people who say "I have a lot of black friends."
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:25 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think that Laz just "came out."
you're so hot, i want your DONGer
[Reply]
Page 9 of 59
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up