ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 59
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
loochy 10:30 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
All these people that come out are always talking about how they knew they were gay at like 5 years old. When I was 5 I was thinking about how awesome voltron was and wondering if I could climb that big tree in the woods.
That's because you weren't born to be a hero. It's just not in your blood you hetero coward.
[Reply]
alanm 10:37 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Wait...am I gay?
Yes :-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:39 AM 02-15-2014
I think it's gay when someone announces they're gay...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:41 AM 02-15-2014
All these people that come out are always talking about how they knew they were gay at like 5 years old. When I was 5 I was thinking about how awesome voltron was and wondering if I could climb that big tree in the woods.

Apparently these people were sitting around wondering about their sexual orientation at that age.
Do you remember if you thought boys or girls were cute?

At that age I definitely knew boys were who you fought and girls were who you chased and kissed. And no one told me those things either.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:42 AM 02-15-2014
Gayplanet
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:47 AM 02-15-2014
Another gay attention whore.

Truly amazing that douchebag Americans lavish praise on these no-names for saying they like gay sex. Our country is such a laughable joke. But anyway, who will it be tomorrow? The anticipation is killing me!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:51 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
http://imgur.com/a/PWTWp

[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:52 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
aaaand people like you are the worst.

There is something pathetic about people who speculate on the sexuality of celebrities that necessitates they explain themselves in such a public manner.
I know a friend of theirs. I don't really care either way. Just thought it was pertinent since he was basically accusing her of lying about being gay for attention.

Oh, and go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Another gay attention whore.

Truly amazing that douchebag Americans lavish praise on these no-names for saying they like gay sex. Our country is such a laughable joke. But anyway, who will it be tomorrow? The anticipation is killing me!
You should move to Kansas.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 10:54 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Do you remember if you thought boys or girls were cute?

At that age I definitely knew boys were who you fought and girls were who you chased and kissed. And no one told me those things either.
Again, I remember worrying about fighting bad guys and sword battles. I don't remember thinking about that shit. Make believe and play time were at the top of the list of important things.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:04 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
People saying this is more tiresome than a million people coming out as gay.
My point is, I just don't think its that big a deal anymore. Why keep creating spectacles?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:09 AM 02-15-2014
It's still quite a big deal.

But hopefully we'll only have to deal with the announcements for a few more years.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:09 AM 02-15-2014
Again, I remember worrying about fighting bad guys and sword battles. I don't remember thinking about that shit. Make believe and play time were at the top of the list of important things.
OK, someone needs to find a gif of Sulu fighting with swords in Star Trek. Nothing beats gay shirtless sci fi sword fighting.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:11 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
My point is, I just don't think its that big a deal anymore. Why keep creating spectacles?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the spectacle is proof that it is a big deal. Yes, the last decade or so has seen a huge swell in support for LGBT issues, but I think a prominent celebrity publicly embracing their sexuality still makes a difference to a lot of people who know how difficult coming out can be.

I agree that it will be nice when it isn't news.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:14 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I think the spectacle is proof that it is a big deal. Yes, the last decade or so has seen a huge swell in support for LGBT issues, but I think a prominent celebrity publicly embracing their sexuality still makes a difference to a lot of people who know how difficult coming out can be.

I agree that it will be nice when it isn't news.
Agent: "Well, no one is calling. You have two choices, Hollywood Squares . . . or . . ."

Actor: "Set up the news conference. I am now gay."
[Reply]
Page 6 of 59
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up