ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
lcarus 10:33 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
For all us old farts here are some pointers in dealing with trans folk:

In light of Elliot Page coming out, we're going to go over some of the most basic trans/enby etiquette! Here are some of my top 15:
1. Don't use their birth name, not ever. You forget that shit ever existed
2. "You'll always be [dead name] to me" is not the compliment you think it is 🙃
3. "She is now a he" is a phrase y'all should drop from your trans phrase arsenal, effective immediately
4. Correct people if they use the wrong pronouns
5. Don't ask them what surgeries they've had or plan on having
6. "OMG I never would have known you were trans--" is also not the compliment you think it is
7. If you slip up on name/pronouns, just correct yourself and move on. Please, dear god, don't make it a big deal
8. Make an effort on pronouns
9. "He, she, it, whatever" is not the funny comment you think it is (@ my dad)
10. You don't get a special prize for using the right name and pronouns, 'tis a basic respect 🙂 Don't act like you're doing them a favor
11. Ask what you can do to support them!!!!
12. Everyone transitions in their own way and at their own pace. Y'all don't get to police that
13. Don't ask them if their label on their sexuality has changed. That's for them to know and y'all to find out
14. Please just be respectful
15. In the case of Elliot Page, it's safe to refer to roles he's played by the pronouns of the character being played (ex. he played a character named Juno, and Juno used she/her pronouns), but otherwise y'all should be using his actual pronouns, full stop.

The more you know...
Much simpler for me:

1. Disregard these people entirely and pay no attention to them.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 PM 12-01-2020
Yeah I'm on the side of do what you want but accept the consequences of judgement, questions and people not caring. Live your life, but don't give people undue attention for it. I would act the same way if you told me you had eggs and bacon for breakfast, "Cool.... do you want a cookie?" I don't see bravery, or courage, I see someone who made a change in their lives, we make them every day in this world. Expecting someone to not ask certain questions or to control what they say to you afterwards is a little self righteous and arrogant. If you don't like the questions then don't make it widespread knowledge.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:36 PM 12-01-2020
Who the f*** cares about this nobody?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:18 AM 12-02-2020

In light of Elliot Page coming out, we're going to go over some of the most basic trans/enby etiquette! Here are some of my top 15:
2. "You'll always be [dead name] to me" is not the compliment you think it is 🙃
3. "She is now a he" is a phrase y'all should drop from your trans phrase arsenal, effective immediately
6. "OMG I never would have known you were trans--" is also not the compliment you think it is
7. If you slip up on name/pronouns, just correct yourself and move on. Please, dear god, don't make it a big deal
10. You don't get a special prize for using the right name and pronouns, 'tis a basic respect 🙂 Don't act like you're doing them a favor
12. Everyone transitions in their own way and at their own pace. Y'all don't get to police that
13. Don't ask them if their label on their sexuality has changed. That's for them to know and y'all to find out
15. In the case of Elliot Page, it's safe to refer to roles he's played by the pronouns of the character being played (ex. he played a character named Juno, and Juno used she/her pronouns), but otherwise y'all should be using his actual pronouns, full stop.

The more you know...
Miss me with that bullshit.

I will make it real simple. Look in your underwear. See a set of balls? Youre a male. Dont see a set of balls? Got a set of ovaries and bleed monthly for a week? Female.

Gender dysphoria is a horrific mental disorder to be stricken with, but dont expect me to refer to a female as a man, no matter what name she decides to go by.

Why people are assisted in mutilating themselves due to symptoms of a mental disorder is quite beyond me.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:36 AM 12-02-2020
She / he should go for the hat-trick...

wait for it

And announce that Elliot Page is a gay man.
[Reply]
007 06:26 AM 12-02-2020

2. "You'll always be [dead name] to me" is not the compliment you think it is
10. You don't get a special prize for using the right name and pronouns, 'tis a basic respect
Don't act like you're doing them a favor

The more you know...

The big thing is for them to be patient with people trying to adjust to their change. That list is kind of unfair.
[Reply]
In58men 06:58 AM 12-02-2020
Good for her!

Nobody should feel ashamed for wanting to be different.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:09 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Who the f*** cares about this nobody?
-First thought when reading a Prison Bitch post
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 09:59 AM 12-02-2020
Really don’t understand the point of this, she was already a lesbian. Maybe she was sick of sleeping with lesbians and wants to start fucking straight chicks now. Either way, while small she did have some nice titties that fit her frame well. I would have hit it, not sure now.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:05 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
The big thing is for them to be patient with people trying to adjust to their change. That list is kind of unfair.
I agree. I had an employee tell me they were non-binary (I had no idea what that even meant) and preferred a plural pronoun (they/them) and did not want to be referred to as a she. I told them "you do you girl".
[Reply]
stevieray 10:11 AM 12-02-2020
She could identify as a pony and some people would pat on her head to show how noble they think they are.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:27 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
She could identify as a pony and some people would pat on her head to show how noble they think they are.
I like ponies.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:30 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I like ponies.
was this close }{ to picking an ocelot
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:34 AM 12-02-2020
Leader of Canada :-)

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 10:47 AM 12-02-2020
Wow, so brave. Elliot Page is truly an inspiration. I will remember this moment for all of 5 seconds and then move on with my life.

[Reply]
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Up