ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 172
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
eDave 01:39 PM 07-09-2020
Wondering the same thing. And somehow I got a reminder on my TV that is was coming on.

UPDATE: I'm getting reminders every hour. I set no reminders. Cox/Contour.
[Reply]
sedated 03:33 PM 07-09-2020
Its a S5 marathon, but for some reason my guide has them marked as "new"
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:24 PM 12-01-2020
Just finished watching this series.

Anyone else notice three different AMC Javelins in the series? I haven't seen three of them in the last 40 years!:-)

Maybe they used a local Javelin AMC car club for cars?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:39 AM 03-11-2021
Good show, just hard to get invested with so much time between the last few seasons. Season 6 filming started.

Better Call Saul Season 6 Started Filming
[Reply]
notorious 10:44 AM 03-11-2021
Good lord.

I'm worried they might have a key actor/actress die from old age.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:04 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Good lord.

I'm worried they might have a key actor/actress die from old age.
Mike Ehrmantraut is gonna be like 100 out there kicking ass with his silenced pistol :-)
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:47 PM 03-11-2021
FFS I can't even remember what this show is about after Lenny from Lavern & Shirley died. It's all sort of blended together with Breaking Bad seasons and this own show's first three seasons. I'm gonna have to re-watch the last three seasons or recaps to even get invested back into this show.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:36 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FFS I can't even remember what this show is about after Lenny from Lavern & Shirley died. It's all sort of blended together with Breaking Bad seasons and this own show's first three seasons. I'm gonna have to re-watch the last three seasons or recaps to even get invested back into this show.
One of the fellers is a lawyer, IIRC.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:39 PM 03-11-2021
And some hot blond bitch who probably stops halfway to give more oral.

Who's also a lawyer.

So it's like a Jackson Browne song, Paraphrased.

[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:57 PM 03-11-2021
That's pretty much when it started getting good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 PM 03-11-2021
I distinctly remember wanting to fuck Rhea Seahorn.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:41 PM 03-11-2021
I bet she would stain the ceiling if you did it right

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I distinctly remember wanting to **** Rhea Seahorn.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:30 PM 07-27-2021

Bob Odenkirk Collapses on ‘Better Call Saul’ Set https://t.co/TPvaEC3H1U

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Damn

Hope he will be ok soon
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:34 AM 07-28-2021
The vagueness about this is really concerning. David Cross’ tweet makes me think this is really serious.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 172
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Up