ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Interesting O-Line Stats
Pitt Gorilla 01:51 AM 12-02-2020
A couple of Chief OL are, apparently, playing well in the passing game.

Other fun stats at the link:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gs#prwrplayers
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:28 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Reuter was really good in the TB game. Hell, even Wiley played better than he has. Maybe they're both getting used to Wiley at RG.
ummm...wha?

That's not what I saw at all. I saw Suh being a real problem. 5 tackles, one for a loss and a QB hit. While being doubled most snaps by my eye.

If it was any mere mortal at QB we'd have been in real trouble.

It's not a mere mortal of course, it's Patrick fucking Mahomes and we're the luckiest fans in football to have him.

Doesn't change the fact that Wiley and Reiter are in need of being replaced.

I understand not really watching the line as it's so much more fun to watch the ball, but I've been watching the line closely and no, they're not good.

It's not a dumpster fire, and it is what it is due to injury, but I am hopeful Wiz can jump in there and take RG as soon as possible.

And next season, we need to look at upgrading too.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:55 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
ummm...wha?

That's not what I saw at all. I saw Suh being a real problem. 5 tackles, one for a loss and a QB hit. While being doubled most snaps by my eye.

It's not a mere mortal of course, it's Patrick fucking Mahomes and we're the luckiest fans in football to have him.

Doesn't change the fact that Wiley and Reiter are in need of being replaced.

I understand not really watching the line as it's so much more fun to watch the ball, but I've been watching the line closely and no, they're not good.

It's not a dumpster fire, and it is what it is due to injury, but I am hopeful Wiz can jump in there and take RG as soon as possible.

And next season, we need to look at upgrading too.
Reiter is a FA and Wiley is a RFA in the upcoming offseason.

Chiefs will draft at least one IOL to replace them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:15 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Reiter is a FA and Wiley is a RFA in the upcoming offseason.

Chiefs will draft at least one IOL to replace them.
We'll probably have 2 4ths and I'd like to see both used on the line.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:59 PM 12-06-2020
And the Chiefs would have a completely different offensive scheme if the Chiefs had any other QB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:00 PM 12-06-2020
We'll probably have 2 4ths and I'd like to see both used on the line.
Rankin should be ready to go
[Reply]
Valiant 05:33 PM 12-06-2020
It also helps a lot that mahomes knows when to run from the sack. If we had smith still he would be getting sacked 6 times a game on average.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:36 PM 12-06-2020
I am hoping some athletic fatties want to come here on some free agent deals or we draft some.

If we ever get a great line again, omg.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:39 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It also helps a lot that mahomes knows when to run from the sack. If we had smith still he would be getting sacked 6 times a game on average.
If the Chiefs had Alex Smith they'd have a completely different scheme.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:41 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I am hoping some athletic fatties want to come here on some free agent deals or we draft some.

If we ever get a great line again, omg.
The Chiefs are going to be over the cap in 2021, so it's highly unlikely that any free agents, outside of Vet Minimum players, will sign in 2021.

It's going to be just like this past offseason. Cheap, older vets and no long term solutions.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:58 PM 12-06-2020
Obviously they did enough to win, but something has to change on this OL in the off-season. The offense becomes one dimensional in the red zone and has to use trick plays too often to score. They usually work, but when they don’t it gets a bit ugly.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:05 PM 12-06-2020
Probably Remmers worst game, but Reuter, again, played pretty well.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:06 PM 12-06-2020
Did everyone seem to forget that we had 2 OL opt out, lost a starting G to injury, and lost Schwartz to injury?

I get that the OL hasn’t been great, but I wouldn’t put this on Veach. It’s a pretty flukey situation IMO.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Obviously they did enough to win, but something has to change on this OL in the off-season. The offense becomes one dimensional in the red zone and has to use trick plays too often to score. They usually work, but when they don’t it gets a bit ugly.
The OL was getting beat often tonight. That DEN front is pretty legit, I have to admit. However, even so, the offense scored at least two more TDs than were actually tallied because the refs were idiots.

But yeah, the OL is a patch-work jury-rigged ugly thing, and Patrick should have a better OL to work behind. Hopefully they do something about it over the offseason.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:14 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Did everyone seem to forget that we had 2 OL opt out, lost a starting G to injury, and lost Schwartz to injury?

I get that the OL hasn’t been great, but I wouldn’t put this on Veach. It’s a pretty flukey situation IMO.
Would we really have been that much better with the OL opt outs? LDT at this point isn’t much better than what we have now, and Niang is a rookie coming back from a significant injury.

I’m not exactly pleased with what Veach has done on the OL, but it is what it is for now. Next year though, they need to invest some resources. They are doing about as well as can be expected right now, so kudos to the current guys for that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:17 PM 12-06-2020
Allegretti really struggled tonight, but he's going to have to learn on the job.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up