ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Drones
threebag 09:57 PM 12-01-2020
Thinking about buying a drone for a gift. Do any of you have one? What are the pros and cons with them? Looking for one that uses a camera for video and pics. Been seeing a few on some sale sights. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
[Reply]
threebag 05:46 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If you’re in that price range dji is probably where you need to be
:-) I hit the red thumb while scrolling, damn thumb...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:50 PM 12-02-2020
DJI Mavic Mini so you don't need to register with the FAA.
[Reply]
threebag 07:59 PM 12-02-2020
I am checking this stuff out when I get a chance and searching everything I can online. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:39 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I am checking this stuff out when I get a chance and searching everything I can online. :-)
On the phone. Cant embed.

https://youtu.be/VJUZe1lF2us
[Reply]
ping2000 10:47 PM 12-02-2020
Fly over my house. I need target practice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 11:47 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
The company I work for has a fixed wing eBee drone for doing photogrammetry. It’s really cool as you just plan out the flight path and off it goes. The resolution in the finished photo mosaic product is amazing and the precision for topo is second only to lidar. Our only issue have been hawks and eagles. We were trying to cover a project in Mexico this week and had it go down again, but I’m pretty sure someone shot it down this time. Took a few days to find all of the pieces...
Those fixed-wing ebee's fly a long time. We have the Trimble Navigation version looks just like the ebee. The firm I work for has a love affair with Trimble and Leica.

Are you a surveyor?

UX5

ZX5

Our high dollar stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:53 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Those fixed-wing ebee's fly a long time. We have the Trimble Navigation version looks just like the ebee. The firm I work for has a love affair with Trimble and Leica.

Are you a surveyor?
That’s because RTK is free with Trimble.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:04 PM 12-03-2020
I took these with my Mavic. You can get great shots you can't get from the ground.

[Reply]
stanleychief 01:12 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
DJI Mavic Mini so you don't need to register with the FAA.
This used to be true, but it doesn't look like it is any longer. Assuming you have the stickers and propeller guards in place.

Originally Posted by :
The DJI Mavic Mini Drone unmanned aircraft system (UAS), is an aircraft without a human pilot onboard, controlled from an operator on the ground, and is required to be registered with the FAA.
https://drone-registration.net/dji-m...-registration/
[Reply]
eDave 11:35 PM 12-06-2020
I flew 900 drones over Kansas City Friday night, maybe you saw it in person or on the news

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen..._friday_night/
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up