ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>National Review: Ocasio-Cortez: The Electoral College Is a ‘Scam’
Just Passin' By 03:37 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by :
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Monday called the U.S. Electoral College “a scam” that negatively affects minorities...

...“Due to severe racial disparities in certain states, the Electoral College effectively weighs white voters over voters of color, as opposed to a ‘one person, one vote’ system where all our votes are counted equally,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “Could you imagine if we had this kind of democracy-altering ‘fairness’ provision for literally any other group? If we weighed, for example, black and indigenous voters more because of unfairness?”...
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ege-is-a-scam/
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:53 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The left is going to lose it after the 2020 election and Trump is still the president and lost the pop. vote by 5 mil plus... They may even consider a civil war. :-)
let them.

I got an email from Tactical shit the other day that they have an attachment (or maybe its a complete upper) for an AR that will launch 12oz soda cans 100yards, but will also serve as a dildo launcher.

Fight fire with fire I suppose.

EDIT:

I imagine a huge battle scene playing out. A bunch of people, the Lex's, Loon's, Kotter's, Rodeo's, etc....storming over a grassy hill. Covered with maskless football helmets, with sofa cushions tied to their torso's and carrying whatever weapon they could find in Ma's kitchen. Then the sky darkens as the sun is blocked out by a million dildos flying towards them.

They turn to run, but as the inbound dildos reach their mark, they realize that should have covered their anuses with a couch cushion as well. For these weaponized dildos were not lubricated.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:06 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
When you know you are wrong, scream racism.

Libshits read this and say "ya, only big cities ran by democrats that have insane amount of violent crime, corruption, and poverty deserve any say at all."
Added the missing descriptor for you.

They believe they should be able to dictate everything to everyone.

That's how we end up like Venezuela. Ignorant Idiots telling industry what they can and can't make, what they have to pay people, and on and on.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:20 PM 08-22-2019



[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:24 PM 08-22-2019
I see AOC is still angry about reality. She's pretty stupid..
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:44 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by AOC:
… If we weighed, for example, black and indigenous voters more because of unfairness?”...
She's setting the table...
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:52 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ege-is-a-scam/
AOC feels compelled to periodically remind us that she's an idiot.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:53 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Then its not racist. It does not inherently treat any state differently other than population and thus, she has no point. It's baseless. Spurious, inauthentic, not genuine.



The facts are these...in the vote for the President....Wyoming has 3 votes...Cally gots the 55. 55 > 3 by a large margin...don't matter what color of anything, socio-economic status, or life decisions.
1) where does she say its racist?
2) she says it currently weights white votes more heavily because of the way states are made up. Do you disagree?
3) what's the population ratio between those two states? Is it more than 55 to 3?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:03 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
1) where does she say its racist?
2) she says it currently weights white votes more heavily because of the way states are made up. Do you disagree?
3) what's the population ratio between those two states? Is it more than 55 to 3?
There is no reason to bring race into that particular issue. She's an idiot for doing so.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:08 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
There is no reason to bring race into that particular issue. She's an idiot for doing so.
She's just an idiot
[Reply]
patteeu 04:37 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
1) where does she say its racist?
2) she says it currently weights white votes more heavily because of the way states are made up. Do you disagree?
3) what's the population ratio between those two states? Is it more than 55 to 3?
How about this? She’s looking at the issue through a racist’s prism.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:27 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
How about this? She’s looking at the issue through a racist’s prism.
https://suburbanstats.org/population...in-mississippi

Seems to me that approximately half the population of Mississippi consists of people of color.

Mississippi is one of those small states that benefits from the EC.

So all those people of color in Mississippi have votes that carry more weight than my vote in California.

I wonder what AOC would say to that? Has it crossed her mind?

That, in addition to the sheer ludicrousness of the entire argument. No state has race restrictions on who can live there.

Fucking millennials. They're all off their rockers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:42 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
https://suburbanstats.org/population...in-mississippi

Seems to me that approximately half the population of Mississippi consists of people of color.

Mississippi is one of those small states that benefits from the EC.

So all those people of color in Mississippi have votes that carry more weight than my vote in California.

I wonder what AOC would say to that? Has it crossed her mind?

That, in addition to the sheer ludicrousness of the entire argument. No state has race restrictions on who can live there.

Fucking millennials. They're all off their rockers.
That is a facet of gerrymandering that people don't look at.

Take one solidly Democrat-voting city with multiple House seats delegated to represent it. There could be two districts that are going to vote Democratic no matter what, but if those seats are split roughly 50/50 in terms of geographic area you wind up with Congressman Joe Whiteman and Congresswoman Becky Blondehair based on the demographics of where those two seats overlay. Snaking out two 'gerrymandered' districts would make it so only one of Joe Whiteman or Becky Blondhair makes it to Washington depending on a primary while the other district is represented by someone like Emmanuel Cleaver or Herman Badillo.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:36 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I do. The Electoral College is not a process where the people of the US elect the President cause get this in your head. The States elect the President...not the people. The States can decide on how they cast their votes....typically through direct democracy and winner take all. Armed with that 6th grade Civics knowledge, that makes her point completely off base, incoherent, and full of shit (FOS).
Originally Posted by patteeu:
How about this? She’s looking at the issue through a racist’s prism.
what about question 3 though
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:16 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
what about question 3 though
Do you understand the formula? Having 3 electoral votes means you only have 1 that is really based on population. You can't have less than 1.
It is the lowest you can have... Dolt...:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 07:27 PM 08-22-2019
I'm glad the Founders were infinitely more intelligent that a load of chapped ass race baiting 21st Century Communists.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up