ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 17
1 234511 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>National Review: Ocasio-Cortez: The Electoral College Is a ‘Scam’
Just Passin' By 03:37 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by :
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Monday called the U.S. Electoral College “a scam” that negatively affects minorities...

...“Due to severe racial disparities in certain states, the Electoral College effectively weighs white voters over voters of color, as opposed to a ‘one person, one vote’ system where all our votes are counted equally,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “Could you imagine if we had this kind of democracy-altering ‘fairness’ provision for literally any other group? If we weighed, for example, black and indigenous voters more because of unfairness?”...
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ege-is-a-scam/
[Reply]
Bump 03:39 PM 08-21-2019
When you know you are wrong, scream racism.

Libshits read this and say "ya, only big cities ran by democrats that have insane amount of violent crime and poverty deserve any say at all."
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:39 PM 08-21-2019
She's still paying off her student loans to the Electoral College.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:41 PM 08-21-2019
It is only a scam if you do not understand it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:47 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
It is only a scam if you do not understand it.
Yeah! Because lefties think we're a democracy and NOT a republic and/or that it's the Congress that crafts legislation; that all revenue bills must originate in the House of Reps. This is why more people used to vote in Congressional elections as opposed to Presidential ones.

She's poorly educated in our basic civics.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:49 PM 08-21-2019
1) Where did she use the word scam?
2) Do you disagree with her actual point, or is it just that she's pointed it out that's made you have a sad
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:49 PM 08-21-2019
I didn't know the States are races.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:54 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Do you disagree with her actual point

I do. The Electoral College is not a process where the people of the US elect the President cause get this in your head. The States elect the President...not the people. The States can decide on how they cast their votes....typically through direct democracy and winner take all. Armed with that 6th grade Civics knowledge, that makes her point completely off base, incoherent, and full of shit (FOS).
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:03 PM 08-21-2019
Who would win between the Electoral College and the University of Okoboji?

Those familiar with Okoboji will get this.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:04 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
1) or is it just that she's pointed it out that's made you have a sad
^false narrative^
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:07 PM 08-21-2019
When the left talks like this about our system, they're essentially trying to overthrow our form of govt from within by altering it.

We are a Federalist Republic that has some democratic features and some not so democratic, because less face it our Framers did not trust democracy.
It is the worst form of govt, full of contention and votes itself largesse without respect for property rights until we're a perfect equality and actually don't last long either. Madison even said this in one of his Federalist Papers. The left wants to overthrow our system because it's in the way of their socialism and leveling us all down to a perfect equality where we're all equally poor and miserable. They're the scam.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:08 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I didn't know the States are races.
This is the culmination of the push from equality to equity.
The push from de jure racism to de facto racism.
You don't assess whether people committed racist acts, or acted with racial animus in mind. You assess whether 'the system' however fair or impartial otherwise apportioned everything equally to everyone in operation.

Problem is, the moral approbation on treating people different based on skin color is fundamentally more solid and well-reasoned than the moral proposition that everyone should get the same amount of everything no matter what.

The philosophical foundation of the Electoral College is the federalist principle that states retain some sovereignty and that the federal authority to govern must gather its support from all regions and from a consensus drawn from and defined by the entirety of states, not population or population centers.

Since that foundation was established, minorities have gravitated to urban areas while the white majority remained dispersed throughout the nation. And now the argument is, no matter how we got here, disparate impact is fungible with overt racism.

They want to moral approbation of overt or explicit racism, while tackling the differences that accumulate benignly through free choices.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:12 PM 08-21-2019
This is the culmination of the push from equality to equity.

This is not against you BabyLee.

Equity does not mean equal..

just adding equity/equality to the crap I will hear during inservice.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:15 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This is the culmination of the push from equality to equity.

This is not against you BabyLee.

Equity does not mean equal..

just adding equity/equality to the crap I will hear during inservice.
I understand and agree. I am using their terminology in an effort to be polite and not be pedantic.

I could pen a treatise on how retarded the equity distinction is [two treatises, actually. One on how retarded it is philosophically, and a separate on on how retarded it is semantically], but baby steps.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 04:21 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This is the culmination of the push from equality to equity.
The push from de jure racism to de facto racism.
You don't assess whether people committed racist acts, or acted with racial animus in mind. You assess whether 'the system' however fair or impartial otherwise apportioned everything equally to everyone in operation.

Problem is, the moral approbation on treating people different based on skin color is fundamentally more solid and well-reasoned than the moral proposition that everyone should get the same amount of everything no matter what.

The philosophical foundation of the Electoral College is the federalist principle that states retain some sovereignty and that the federal authority to govern must gather its support from all regions and from a consensus drawn from and defined by the entirety of states, not population or population centers.

Since that foundation was established, minorities have gravitated to urban areas while the white majority remained dispersed throughout the nation. And now the argument is, no matter how we got here, disparate impact is fungible with overt racism.

They want to moral approbation of overt or explicit racism, while tackling the differences that accumulate benignly through free choices.
For sure....it's trying to control outcomes based on some division de joure.

If I told you I could control the future....you might think I am crazy.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 17
1 234511 > Last »
Up