ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 24
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:42 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Hmm...I can't say I'm not intrigued.

Personally, I love jalapeno flavored ketchup on fries.
After Red Robin Campfire sauce, its a dead heat between Steak'nShake honey mustard and Culver's honey mustard. Both very different honey mustards, both delicious in their own right.
[Reply]
seclark 06:19 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know what's good for fries? Tartar sauce.
Damn you Mecca, I just started to accept you, and you plug tartar sauce.
Sec
[Reply]
kevrunner 06:48 PM 08-22-2019
I’ve tried to eat at my local Popeyes for the past 2 days, both times there looked like 15 cars in the drive thru and there were extremely long lines inside. I’ll might give it another try tomorrow.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I’ve tried to eat at my local Popeyes for the past 2 days, both times there looked like 15 cars in the drive thru and there were extremely long lines inside. I’ll might give it another try tomorrow.
I remember when the first Popeyes opened near Great Lakes Naval Base back in the late 80s. I had never heard of it, but there were plenty of people stationed there who had. For the better part of the first month it was open, the lines for the drive thru were out on the street. It was insane.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:13 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember when the first Popeyes opened near Great Lakes Naval Base back in the late 80s. I had never heard of it, but there were plenty of people stationed there who had. For the better part of the first month it was open, the lines for the drive thru were out on the street. It was insane.
Never had Popeyes until I arrived at Ft Stewart GA in 1989. Loved it. Love the biscuits, the chicken is solid.

Either Popeyes has changed or my taste has but the last few times I have been there years ago, not been good.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 07:54 PM 08-22-2019
I go to Popeyes - maybe 5 times a year. Chic filet - zero times - but CFA is like 3 miles further away. How much does weight does convenience factor into the question.

Would I drive a mile further for one place vs. the other?

I probably would for Popeyes. I find nothing compelling about CFA. It's OK, but not 'Head and Shoulders' above other chicken places, IMO. I like the 3 piece spicy with red beans and rice at Popeyes - about 5 times a year.
[Reply]
The Bunk 09:04 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I tried tonight. The drive thru line wrapped around the building, so I went inside. There were a bunch of people waiting around for orders with bewildered looks on their faces. Then the cops walked in. Apparently they'd run out of the chicken sandwich and a woman had thrown a fit over it just before I'd gotten there.

This thing must truly be perfection.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Bunk:
I tried tonight. The drive thru line wrapped around the building, so I went inside. There were a bunch of people waiting around for orders with bewildered looks on their faces. Then the cops walked in. Apparently they'd run out of the chicken sandwich and a woman had thrown a fit over it just before I'd gotten there.

This thing must truly be perfection.
Jesus. Sounds like there's very little point in going to Popeyes for anything until the hype dies down. I have no patience for crap like this.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:24 PM 08-22-2019
I like Popeyes spicy a lot. However, I really go for the sides. The red beans and rice and Cajun rice are awesome.
[Reply]
Fish 09:30 PM 08-22-2019
Don't forget the sparkle.....

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:47 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:

Red Beans and Rice, and a couple packets of cajun sparkle.

[Reply]
New World Order 09:53 PM 08-22-2019
Tried going today and couldn't even get into the parking lot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:56 PM 08-22-2019
Culver's spicy chicken is really good as well. They use high-quality chicken and the spice is in the breading. If Popeye's line is too long, get some Culver's.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:57 PM 08-22-2019

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:06 PM 08-22-2019

Indeed.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 24
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »