ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:16 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sending you infinite amounts of good vibes, Mahomes hugs, and Hitchens gloves, my friend.
thank you bud, I really appreciate it.
[Reply]
threebag 04:16 PM 08-20-2019
Wish you all the best SR.
[Reply]
kc rush 04:20 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
i will plan on every month or so - it's a fine line from attention whoring - but I suppose it's a 'cry for help' at the same time. A pact or something like that.
Don't think of it as attention whoring if it is one of the things that keep you on your path. Good luck to you.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 04:21 PM 08-20-2019
Thank you for sharing SR - I wish you the best! You've always been very nice.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:23 PM 08-20-2019
I don't know what kind of music you're into, but when I got clean 11 (12 in Dec) years ago I had two songs I'd listen to often.. I've always been really into music and, to this day, still turn to it for therapy of sorts.

The Virus "The Very Last Day"
It's a punk song, so not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Still Remains "Recovery"
Metal(?) song more or less about his path to recovery, through Christ, and more or less the "prodigal son" parable. Luke 15:11-32
[Reply]
wazu 04:25 PM 08-20-2019
Love you, brother. You can do this.
[Reply]
srvy 04:26 PM 08-20-2019
Takes a hell of a man to bare it for all to see on a message board full of people you never met for the most part. If you can let it all hang out here you will have no problem whooping these demons asses. I am sure it will be difficult with many ups and downs you will get through it because your a giant of a man. Good luck SR we are all rooting for you. Hell just think of the celebration you are about to have. Your favorite football team winning its second Super Bowl and more important you are about to win the Superbowl of life.

Keep that chin up and stay Strong!
[Reply]
rtmike 04:27 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
You're the best dude on this board - by far. Happy to help you in any way I can, as I'm sure many others are as well. You the man!
this. SR, you are the shit man, lol.

<— Guys, see that avatar? That’s what being an addict did for me.
YOU GUYS DO NOT want to go through what I have been.
‘03 Thanksgiving weekend, Oregon coast sand dunes, ATV accident.
In the hospital about to be checked out and was paged to see the counselor. She had set up times for me to start attending AA.
I told her I wasn’t going to any meetings
She says well your wife said you’d drink a six to half rack of beer every night?

I’m like, “So?”
Blah, blah.
So I says to her, “Have u ever been paralyzed?”
“Well...no” she says looking at me funny.
I said, “Well I have/am. I AM NEVER DRINKING again.”

Sounds like bs but I’ve done it.

Totally different BUT had you, (or you drinkers out there), continue you could end up in my shoes or worse. What if your drinking causes someone harm or worse yet someone you love.

Had the gallon jug of water by my bedside, every morning I’d wake up swearing to myself, “never again, o boy I’m done drinking....no way.”
Fast forward to 3pm-6pm and I’m constantly looking at my phone checking the time thinking, “man, we gotta hurry up. That qwikshop I use closes at 6. I’ll have to go outta the way a bit.....that’s ok, their beer is colder.”
And the cycle just continues.......

Everyone says to PM them. What are you gonna say, lol?
It’s important that we just listen and not tell them what they should be doing, etc.
Eventually, us addicts will open up.

_____

I truly meant that 1st post, don’t know you but wished we could meet somehow, lol.
Hey, if you fall off the wagon....so what. As it’s rolling away, shove a stick thru the rear wheels spokes. That’ll stop that sucker, lol.

“ALL ABOARD!!!”
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:27 PM 08-20-2019
the support is excellent - i thank you all.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:29 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by rtmike:
this. SR, you are the shit man, lol.

<— Guys, see that avatar? That’s what being an addict did for me.
YOU GUYS DO NOT want to go through what I have been.
‘03 Thanksgiving weekend, Oregon coast sand dunes, ATV accident.
In the hospital about to be checked out and was paged to see the counselor. She had set up times for me to start attending AA.
I told her I wasn’t going to any meetings
She says well your wife said you’d drink a six to half rack of beer every night?

I’m like, “So?”
Blah, blah.
So I says to her, “Have u ever been paralyzed?”
“Well...no” she says looking at me funny.
I said, “Well I have/am. I AM NEVER DRINKING again.”

Sounds like bs but I’ve done it.

Totally different BUT had you, (or you drinkers out there), continue you could end up in my shoes or worse. What if your drinking causes someone harm or worse yet someone you love.

Had the gallon jug of water by my bedside, every morning I’d wake up swearing to myself, “never again, o boy I’m done drinking....no way.”
Fast forward to 3pm-6pm and I’m constantly looking at my phone checking the time thinking, “man, we gotta hurry up. That qwikshop I use closes at 6. I’ll have to go outta the way a bit.....that’s ok, their beer is colder.”
And the cycle just continues.......

Everyone says to PM them. What are you gonna say, lol?
It’s important that we just listen and not tell them what they should be doing, etc.
Eventually, us addicts will open up.

_____

I truly meant that 1st post, don’t know you but wished we could meet somehow, lol.
Hey, if you fall off the wagon....so what. As it’s rolling away, shove a stick thru the rear wheels spokes. That’ll stop that sucker, lol.

“ALL ABOARD!!!”

Thanks you guys - Love you too Mike
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:33 PM 08-20-2019
Smoke weed instead!
[Reply]
tonyetony 04:34 PM 08-20-2019
The weird thing about quitting anything that's addictive and bad for you is that in your mind you think it's going to hurt. In reality in a very short time it feels really good.

Peace bro.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:35 PM 08-20-2019
CP is a huge family. You've got all the support a person can ask for. One day at a time my friend. I know it's hard but it's beatable. So many of us have been together here for so many years we started out young and indestructible. Now we're at a point it's time that health needs to come first.

We've suffered through the worst years of the Chiefs. those are behind us. we get to live our golden years now with the best QB in the NFL. Life is good. Lets enjoy it together.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:42 PM 08-20-2019
be strong brother. All the best...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:48 PM 08-20-2019
Wish you all the best SR. You’ve always been nice to me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up