ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
The Lounge>DAT is Back
Dante84 10:38 AM 08-20-2019
Per Terez
[Reply]
TLO 01:29 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yuck
Why is that yuck?

The more weapons the better.
[Reply]
Line Judge 01:35 PM 08-20-2019
On the latest depth chart: Dieter is ahead of Thompson.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:37 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Line Judge:
On the latest depth chart: Dieter is ahead of Thompson.
Preseason depth chart means nothing.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:37 PM 08-20-2019
The sooner that JAG Dieter is cut, the better.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:39 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The sooner that JAG Dieter is cut, the better.
IR, then retires and becomes and assistant to help Mahomes with warm-ups.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 01:58 PM 08-20-2019
Cody Thompson gets consistent separation by running excellent routes and has a good catch rate. Pringle and Robinson have yet to show those abilities in the Chief's first 2 preseason games. Thompson has also been making good plays on special teams. Thompson won't clear waivers due to his consistent route running, production and special teams play.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:01 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
Cody Thompson gets consistent separation by running excellent routes and has a good catch rate. Pringle and Robinson have yet to show those abilities in the Chief's first 2 preseason games. Thompson has also been making good plays on special teams. Thompson won't clear waivers due to his consistent route running, production and special teams play.
I had no idea RGR posted here, did Robinson bang your wife while you were tied up in the corner?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:07 PM 08-20-2019
I'm no fan of DAT as I think he tends to play pretty dumb (if I recall he injured himself returning a kick backwards late in 2017) and he goes down when you blow on him. But he seemed to be a better gunner than Kemp who is no longer with us. And maybe this makes it easier for us to cut Tremon Smith.

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if DAT is returning kicks or punts or having any real role in our offense. I think/hope this just allows Reid and Toub to move their pieces around more effectively and provides another insurance option.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm no fan of DAT as I think he tends to play pretty dumb (if I recall he injured himself returning a kick backwards late in 2017) and he goes down when you blow on him. But he seemed to be a better gunner than Kemp who is no longer with us. And maybe this makes it easier for us to cut Tremon Smith.

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if DAT is returning kicks or punts or having any real role in our offense. I think/hope this just allows Reid and Toub to move their pieces around more effectively and provides another insurance option.
He'll get work as a returner, if Hardman is a very big part of the offense at all his specials work will be limited, just like Tyreek.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:18 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's actually because they saw what they had in the young players and didn't think they were ready.
That is a more charitable way of saying what I just said.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:18 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He'll get work as a returner, if Hardman is a very big part of the offense at all his specials work will be limited, just like Tyreek.
Hill was one of the top 5 WRs in the league and he was still our core punt returner. That doesn't really strike me as limited. Seems much more palatable to see Hardman back returning kicks and punts given how much they still relied on Hill last year.

The guy was an All American punt returner in college and it's gonna be really disappointing if a mediocre DAT steals those opportunities.
[Reply]
FAX 02:19 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm no fan of DAT as I think he tends to play pretty dumb (if I recall he injured himself returning a kick backwards late in 2017) and he goes down when you blow on him. But he seemed to be a better gunner than Kemp who is no longer with us. And maybe this makes it easier for us to cut Tremon Smith.

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if DAT is returning kicks or punts or having any real role in our offense. I think/hope this just allows Reid and Toub to move their pieces around more effectively and provides another insurance option.
The ganja may have softened his skull, so I have no idea about the concussion problem, Mr. TwistedChief.

But when it comes to the broken leg, that was against the Mules and it was a damn wacky tackle while his foot was stuck in the ground. I'm only a registered physician and psychic on ChiefsPlanet, but I am 100% certain that was one of those fluke plays that (in no way, shape, or form) indicates he is injury-prone below the neck. 2 times out of 10, that tackle would have broken a Square-Lipped White Rhino's leg.

And as we all know, the Square-Lipped White Rhino (although relatively non-aggressive) is difficult to take down one-on-one.

FAX
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:21 PM 08-20-2019
F that. Don't be risking injury to either Hill or Hardman doing returns.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:23 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is there a chance something else is about to drop with Hill and this is insurance there?
C'mon OCity... be better.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 02:25 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I had no idea RGR posted here, did Robinson bang your wife while you were tied up in the corner?
I watch the games and see who is making plays and who isn't. You should try it sometime. I have no idea who or what RGR is.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up