ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Allsides: Discover YOUR Bias
Mr. Kotter 05:52 PM 08-19-2019
Come on, man up....or shut the fugg up....

Be HONEST; there ought to be a few leaning left/left, some centrists, and a whole bunch of leaning right-right folks in this place. Except many of you bastards will lie....to try to deceive yourselves into thinking this joint is anything but the RW/Alt-right echo chamber that it IS....

Come-on I dare you....

https://www.allsides.com/rate-own-bias

Here's mine, bitches. Took it ONCE....straight up the truth...

:-)

Allsides


SOCIAL ISSUES --- LEAN LEFT ---- average importance
ECONOMIC ISSUES --- LEAN RIGHT --- EXTREMELY important
FOREIGN POLICY ---LEAN RIGHT ----VERY important
ENVIRONMENT/ENERGY --- LEAN LEFT - average importance
HEALTH CARE --- LEAN LEFT --- EXTREMELY important
EDUCATION ---LEAN RIGHT ----Average importance
SOCIAL SECURITY --- LEAN LEFT --- VERTY importance
WELFARE ---- LEAN RIGHT --- Average important

:-)
[Reply]
Bump 07:50 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I stopped when they lumped "gay marriage, abortion and civil rights" in the same bucket.
I think you just discovered a bias
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:57 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I think you just discovered a bias
He discovered a flawed and stupid rating system.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:58 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I agree completely. I have friends that think I’m a righty and others that think I’m a lefty. It’s all about perspective.
Your friends who think you are a righty are straight up communist.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:02 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've said this here many time, but i do find the parallel interesting. Here, people consider me a liberal. Because the only time i debate, it's to call out people who i believe are saying something innaccurate or bullshit. I'll troll, mock or sometimes actually speak from the heart. But most often, i'm mostly a contrarian when i post because i post for no other reason than to disagree when i feel someone has made false statement.

Naturally, when the only time you post is to say something a liberal would agree with, people assume you're a lib.

But when i go home my family thinks i'm a Trumper. Because again, they'll spit liberal propaganda that i know is inaccurate and i'll speak against it. Which of course makes me a Trumper.

If the truth is what you care about, then you have no political home. You're either with us or against us 100%. If you disagree, you're the enemy.

At home i'm the enemy and on this forum im the enemy. Wild.
You spend 90% of your time here bashing anyone who supports Trump or bashes liberals, that's the reality of it regardless of what you think you are doing. And no you aren't a 1 man snopes calling out bullshit because a lot of what you call out isn't bullshit and your clear bias shows in your comments.

What your motivation is? I dont know maybe its because you catch shit at home.
[Reply]
srvy 08:03 PM 08-19-2019
Biased poll very dumb
[Reply]
patteeu 08:05 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You spend 90% of your time here bashing anyone who supports Trump to bashes liberals, that's the reality of it regardless of what you think you are doing. And no you aren't a 1 man snopes calling out bullshit because a lot of what you call out isn't bullshit and your clear bias shows in your comments.

What your motivation is? I dont know maybe its because you catch shit at home.
Ah, this must be one of those self loathing things. He hates Trump supporters because he hates himself for loving Trump. It all makes sense now! :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Ah, this must be one of those self loathing things. He hates Trump supporters because he hates himself for loving Trump. It all makes sense now! :-)
Ah I see Detox is the guy with a MAGA hat in the glove box he puts on 2 blocks from the house and puts back in the glove box before he gets home. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:21 PM 08-19-2019
So I took the quiz (whatever it's called), but the questions were problematic.

The one about gay marriage, abortion, and civil rights in particular made me laugh.

I don't care who anyone wants to marry; I don't need to hear about it necessarily, but if the other party is willing, have at it. Life's too short for me to worry about who other people are marrying.

I believe that women have a right to choose what happens to their own bodies. There are limits (IMO) to how far along a pregnancy can be when a decision is made, but overall I think women ultimately should have the right to decide what happens to their bodies.

I am firmly right of center as far as civil rights are concerned. I believe that all the rights as described in the first ten amendments are sacrosanct. I know most leftists prefer to pick and choose which rights are immutable and which are "subject to reinterpretation," as if they were blessed with some magical sense of which is which. As if they were smarter than the men that wrote the Bill of Rights in the first place. I'm not that stupid, thank God.

Anyway, I answered the questions as best as I could, but there were several that I could've gone both ways in the same question, which makes the quiz flawed to begin with.
[Reply]
Taco John 08:22 PM 08-19-2019
"Do you lean left or right on civil rights?"

This poll was made by morons.
[Reply]
Detoxing 08:33 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You spend 90% of your time here bashing anyone who supports Trump or bashes liberals, that's the reality of it regardless of what you think you are doing. And no you aren't a 1 man snopes calling out bullshit because a lot of what you call out isn't bullshit and your clear bias shows in your comments.

What your motivation is? I dont know maybe its because you catch shit at home.
Bullshit. Who do I bash? Like 3 fucking people....not you, not patt, not donger, not whale, not baby Lee, not Stevie...none of y'all. I'll poke pb once in awhile and back in the day I had some fun with fraz. We may have gone back and forth here and there but for the most part I stay respectful with y'all. If someone says something dumb then I take my shot.


Then I go home and explain to Mexicans that white conservatives arent the antichrist and take heat for listening to your side and even empathizing.

That's that shit I'm talking about man.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:36 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
That poll's first question is already completely stupid. How can it conflate "gay marriage, abortion, civil rights" and ask if you lean left or right on all three? Stupid.

Do you lean left or right on murdering babies, and letting gay people get married? Civil rights!

I understand the sentiment, but it is complete bullshit. Why?

Because all three involve "social engineering" (as cons call it,) and all three are moral questions that are subject to debate among a variety of religious and other groups. However, the most important commonality (whether you agree or disagree) is that they are highly controversial/divisive debates over what "rights" of individuals ought to be "protected."

The bottom line is...on these social issues, do you think the government should be involved in deciding these issues. The left says yes, the right says no. That is a completely legitimate and logical way of discerning differences on social issues. The problem some of you have, is that you are HYPOCRITES. Consistency on such issues, is greater on the left than on the right...the right attempts to pick and choose, and end up looking like the self-righteous assholes they can be on these issues.

FTR, I'm more on the right on these issues....abortion, should be rare but legal in some circumstances; gay marriage should be civil unions instead of marriage; and as for civil rights, reparations are a non-starter and affirmative action is outdated and needs to be reined in. I'm consistent, but so is the left...even if I disagree.

Originally Posted by Taco John:
"Do you lean left or right on civil rights?"

This poll was made by morons.
Not at all. The left is all about government actions to bring about "social justice" (bullshit...), but the right is against reasonable government interventions to ensure real equality.
[Reply]
Bump 08:41 PM 08-19-2019
this little test reminds me of the days when I was on facebook and people would link their 3 question IQ tests and then blast "SEE, I TOLD YA'LL I'M A FUCKING GENIUS" and they were dead-serious about it.
[Reply]
Taco John 08:42 PM 08-19-2019
I have one bias: individual liberty.

I dont need a poll to figure that out.
[Reply]
Taco John 08:46 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
I understand the sentiment, but it is complete bullshit. Why?

Because all three involve "social engineering" (as cons call it,) and all three are moral questions that are subject to debate among a variety of religious and other groups. However, the most important commonality (whether you agree or disagree) is that they are highly controversial/divisive debates over what "rights" of individuals ought to be "protected."

The bottom line is...on these social issues, do you think the government should be involved in deciding these issues. The left says yes, the right says no. That is a completely legitimate and logical way of discerning differences on social issues. The problem some of you have, is that you are HYPOCRITES. Consistency on such issues, is greater on the left than on the right...the right attempts to pick and choose, and end up looking like the self-righteous assholes they can be on this issue.

FTR, I'm more on the right on these issues....abortion, should be rare but legal in some circumstances; gay marriage should be civil unions instead of marriage; and as for civil rights, reparations are a non-starter and affirmative action is outdated and needs to be reined in. I'm consistent, but so is the left...even if I disagree.

Anyone else reading this and shaking their heads wondering WTF? This guy teaches kids? Government?
[Reply]
patteeu 08:53 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Bullshit. Who do I bash? Like 3 fucking people....not you, not patt, not donger, not whale, not baby Lee, not Stevie...none of y'all. I'll poke pb once in awhile and back in the day I had some fun with fraz. We may have gone back and forth here and there but for the most part I stay respectful with y'all. If someone says something dumb then I take my shot.


Then I go home and explain to Mexicans that white conservatives arent the antichrist and take heat for listening to your side and even empathizing.

That's that shit I'm talking about man.
You criticize Trumpers a lot it seems. That hurts my feelings. But I get over it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up