ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Allsides: Discover YOUR Bias
Mr. Kotter 05:52 PM 08-19-2019
Come on, man up....or shut the fugg up....

Be HONEST; there ought to be a few leaning left/left, some centrists, and a whole bunch of leaning right-right folks in this place. Except many of you bastards will lie....to try to deceive yourselves into thinking this joint is anything but the RW/Alt-right echo chamber that it IS....

Come-on I dare you....

https://www.allsides.com/rate-own-bias

Here's mine, bitches. Took it ONCE....straight up the truth...

:-)

Allsides


SOCIAL ISSUES --- LEAN LEFT ---- average importance
ECONOMIC ISSUES --- LEAN RIGHT --- EXTREMELY important
FOREIGN POLICY ---LEAN RIGHT ----VERY important
ENVIRONMENT/ENERGY --- LEAN LEFT - average importance
HEALTH CARE --- LEAN LEFT --- EXTREMELY important
EDUCATION ---LEAN RIGHT ----Average importance
SOCIAL SECURITY --- LEAN LEFT --- VERTY importance
WELFARE ---- LEAN RIGHT --- Average important

:-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:17 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Meh, they don’t well-define the terms. I’m guessing many will define them differently.
Yeah, it's the worst political compass test I've ever seen.

It links you to a vastly superior one.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I don't really wanna do it again, but I'd prefer to see Kotter's results to this one.

I'm an anti-authoritarian(which they call libertarian) moderate on every test I've ever taken. It's not really interesting anymore.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:17 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Show us the results of it's just another lie...
Dumb thread.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:18 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
lol.

This is the worst political compass test I've ever taken.
He was so proud of it too. Sheesh.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:20 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Dumb thread.
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He was so proud of it too. Sheesh.
I've done several of the more sophisticated/accurate quizzes/surveys before, and even posted them here IIRC...but most were TL/DR--too many seemed to think they were too "hard" or "biased"....so I thought this might be more doable for the lazy asses...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:23 PM 08-19-2019
Also, this website is about looking at media bias.

It rates CNN as being as left wing as Alternet.

:-) Shit, even I wouldn't go THAT far.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:28 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Also, this website is about looking at media bias.

It rates CNN as being as left wing as Alternet.

:-) Shit, even I wouldn't go THAT far.
https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

No, it has Altnet/Nation as far left, and CNN/NPR as lean left....which is correct, mostly.

Just like FOX/WSJ is lean right, but National Review/Newsmax as far right....which is correct, mostly.

That's a reflection of the even-handed fairness in evaluation media that this site is well-respected for...

It has the OPINION and commentary "reporting" of CNN as far left, and FOX as far right. Again, fair.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:29 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

No, it has Altnet/Nation as far left, and CNN/NPR as lean left....which is right.

Just like FOX/WSJ is lean right, but National Review/Newsmax as far right.

That's a reflection of the even-handed fairness in evaluation media that this site is well-respected for...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings
CNN opinion is not labeled soft left. IT's labeled hard left.

It's the same as fox news and CNN online is it? The online news and opinons are graded differently. Both graded soft left/right on news and hard left/hard right on opinion.

CNN graded hard left on opinion. Look at your own graphic.

I wouldn't put CNN with Vox and Slate and Alternet, but hey...

Also, I noticed the NY Times hanging out on the left wing fringe. Probably wouldn't have been there 5 years ago.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:29 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
I've done several of the more sophisticated/accurate quizzes/surveys before, and even posted them here IIRC...but most were TL/DR--too many seemed to think they were too "hard" or "biased"....so I thought this might be more doable for the lazy asses...
Oh, I see. You intentionally picked a dumb survey for the sake of the rest of us. Thanks chief. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 06:31 PM 08-19-2019
Someone should make a robot news channel. They just read the news, facts, and give no editorial or opinions of any kind.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:31 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Oh, I see. You intentionally picked a dumb survey for the sake of the rest of us. Thanks chief. :-)
No...it's simple, and easily manipulated for the dishonest. However, otherwise....it appears quite accurate...if one is honest it works; if one is dishonest, of course it doesn't and ideological myopia wins again.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 06:35 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
See, that's what the echo chamber does; it makes you think you are reasonable, moderate because everyone else here is so far right...

FTR, PB...I hate the things the "Squad" have said and they stand for; they are loons. I'm more liberal on some things, but conservative on others...like most, really. It's just here...that is seen as Nutjob Liberal/Leftist/Socialist/Communist!!!
You'd never know it from your posts
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:40 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You'd never know it from your posts
I get that. I don't spend a lot of time on them or their ilk, because they aren't really significant. They are a distraction.

Trump, on the other hand, occupies the office of POTUS...and is demeaning it dailly, IMHO. That's why I care more about him...

:-)


FTR, though.....Allsides media bias ratings are pretty darn accurate--dead on, if you ask me...

:-)


[Reply]
Detoxing 06:40 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
See, that's what the echo chamber does; it makes you think you are reasonable, moderate because everyone else here is so far right...

FTR, PB...I hate the things the "Squad" have said and they stand for; they are loons. I'm more liberal on some things, but conservative on others...like most, really. It's just here...that is seen as Nutjob Liberal/Leftist/Socialist/Communist!!!
I've said this here many time, but i do find the parallel interesting. Here, people consider me a liberal. Because the only time i debate, it's to call out people who i believe are saying something innaccurate or bullshit. I'll troll, mock or sometimes actually speak from the heart. But most often, i'm mostly a contrarian when i post because i post for no other reason than to disagree when i feel someone has made false statement.

Naturally, when the only time you post is to say something a liberal would agree with, people assume you're a lib.

But when i go home my family thinks i'm a Trumper. Because again, they'll spit liberal propaganda that i know is inaccurate and i'll speak against it. Which of course makes me a Trumper.

If the truth is what you care about, then you have no political home. You're either with us or against us 100%. If you disagree, you're the enemy.

At home i'm the enemy and on this forum im the enemy. Wild.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:45 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've said this here many time, but i do find the parallel interesting. Here, people consider me a liberal. Because the only time i debate, it's to call out people who i believe are saying something innaccurate or bullshit. I'll troll, mock or sometimes actually speak from the heart. But most often, i'm mostly a contrarian when i post because i post for no other reason than to disagree when i feel someone has made false statement.

Naturally, when the only time you post is to say something a liberal would agree with, people assume you're a lib.

But when i go home my family thinks i'm a Trumper. Because again, they'll spit liberal propaganda that i know is inaccurate and i'll speak against it. Which of course makes me a Trumper.

If the truth is what you care about, then you have no political home. You're either with us or against us 100%. If you disagree, you're the enemy.

At home i'm the enemy and on this forum im the enemy. Wild.
I always had you pegged more as a wise-ass. Since you're mostly just making fun of the absurd or posting ironic absurdities yourself, it's not easy to peg down.

I certainly don't view you as operating on the fringes. If anything I view you as someone who I probably take seriously at times I should not be. XD
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:46 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've said this here many time, but i do find the parallel interesting. Here, people consider me a liberal. Because the only time i debate, it's to call out people who i believe are saying something innaccurate or bullshit. I'll troll, mock or sometimes actually speak from the heart. But most often, i'm mostly a contrarian when i post because i post for no other reason than to disagree when i feel someone has made false statement.

Naturally, when the only time you post is to say something a liberal would agree with, people assume you're a lib.

But when i go home my family thinks i'm a Trumper. Because again, they'll spit liberal propaganda that i know is inaccurate and i'll speak against it. Which of course makes me a Trumper.

If the truth is what you care about, then you have no political home. You're either with us or against us 100%. If you disagree, you're the enemy.

At home i'm the enemy and on this forum im the enemy. Wild.

100% agree. You've described me as well. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up