ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tlaib, Omar Promote Anti-Semitic Cartoonistís Work
T-post Tom 12:57 PM 08-19-2019
Anti-Semitic Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) promoted a cartoon on Saturday from a cartoonist who has openly mocked victims of the Holocaust.

The Jewish Daily Forward's Batya Ungar-Sargon, who noticed the cartoon and who created it, wrote on Twitter: "Oof. Looks like both Rep. Omar and Rep. Tlaib shared this awful Carlos Latuff cartoon in Instagram stories yesterday. In 2006, Latuff came in second in Iran's International Holocaust Cartoon Contest, which is a thing that exists, in case you thought [this timeline of events] couldn't get any worse."

Oof. Looks like both Rep. Omar and Rep. Tlaib shared this awful Carlos Latuff cartoon in Instagram stories yesterday. In 2006, Latuff came in second in Iran's International Holocaust Cartoon Contest, which is a thing that exists, in case you thought the TL couldn't get any worse. pic.twitter.com/uwyBPAsz7T

— Batya Ungar-Sargon (@bungarsargon) August 18, 2019

"Latuff has a history of anti-Semitic drawings accusing Israeli lobbyists of controlling U.S. foreign policy," The Free Beacon reports. "He has also drawn criticism for invoking and minimizing the Holocaust in criticizing Israeli policies towards Palestinians. ... He also defended his second place finish in the 'International Holocaust Cartoon Contest' saying, 'I saw this contest as both a good chance for denouncing the suffering of the Palestinian people before the eyes of world public opinion ... '"

Omar and Tlaib's decision to share the cartoon sparked backlash online from users who highlighted some of the vile cartoons produced by Latuff.

The Reagan Battalion tweeted: "So @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib just shared this cartoon by Carlos Latuff who is well known for his work mocking Jewish victims of the holocaust. WILL A SINGLE DEMOCRAT SPEAK UP?"

So @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib just shared this cartoon by Carlos Latuff who is well known for his work mocking Jewish victims of the holocaust.

WILL A SINGLE DEMOCRAT SPEAK UP? pic.twitter.com/PlhOBGCN2U

— The Reagan Battalion (@ReaganBattalion) August 18, 2019

The Reagan Battalion added: "So @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib both shared a cartoon by a cartoonist who not only took part in Iran's holocaust denial cartoon contest, but also celebrates the death of American soldiers."

So @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib both shared a cartoon by a cartoonist who not only took part in Iranís holocaust denial cartoon contest, but also celebrates the death of American soldiers. pic.twitter.com/m9tQ0RmfVl

— The Reagan Battalion (@ReaganBattalion) August 18, 2019

This latest incident involving Omar, Tlaib, and their anti-Semitism comes on the heels of Israel banning them from entering the country last week after it was revealed that they were planning on meeting with groups that support terrorism against Israel, including one that has promoted screeds from neo-Nazis.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50763/tlaib-omar-promote-anti-semitic-cartoonists-work-ryan-saavedra
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:19 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Weird, for some reason you didn't use the word racist or bigot in your comments.
1. Do I need to?

2. "Idiots" seems to encompass the totality of their essence, IMHO.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:20 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's hard to believe such a strident leftist seems so incredibly uninformed as to philosophical underpinnings of modern leftism.
If you're trying to say that these two are aligned with mainstream Democratic policy, you are misinformed.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:23 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
If you're trying to say that these two are aligned with mainstream Democratic policy, you are misinformed.
The Democratic party and its current eminent political leader, Pelosi, aren't wholly leftist even though they are "left of center" so that's not what I am saying.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:24 PM 08-19-2019
The Democratic party and its current eminent political leader, Pelosi, aren't wholly leftist even though they are "left of center" so that's not what I am saying.
Ok. Then I'm not sure what we're arguing about.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:27 PM 08-19-2019
She is yacking at the Minn Capitol today.. As you can tell, I am at home.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:44 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Ok. Then I'm not sure what we're arguing about.
Why are Dems like AOC, Omar and Tlaib in Congress and why have they taken the positions and actions that deviate from mainstream DNC politicians?
[Reply]
vailpass 02:44 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
She is yacking at the Minn Capitol today.. As you can tell, I am at home.
I read where the two of them were having some sort of talk to day to talk about the Israel travel incident.
Is that what people in her district want omar to do? Co Opt their podium into a muslim bully pulpit and bring in the other muslim congresswoman to talk about Israel?
It's insanity and MSP needs to wake the hell up and fix it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 08-19-2019
That's because she's an anti-semite.

This entire thing is bizarre to me mostly because I think it has a generally outsized influence on the talking head class. Yes, this country has jewish people in it, but it's like 2% of the country and they're largely in a few major urban cores. In the end, I'm not gonna act like antisemitism determines my vote because it just doesn't. Never something I've worried about before so I won't now; I'm not suddenly going to act all up in arms about this thing I've never worried about before because it's politically expedient (and boy do those clowns every make it politically expedient).

But it's !@#$ing hilarious to watch the left try to run cover for those 2. Tlaib and Omar are obvious anti-semites and if you put a button in front of them that would wipe out all the jews and eliminate Israel, they'd slap the button in a heartbeat without giving it a second thought.

All this nonsensical crap about grandmothers and second languages and months of "well what she meant was" so clearly flies in the face of Occam's Razor. Yet when you just look at all those same behaviors and say "well it's because they hate Jewish people" then all the blocks fit pretty neatly in place.

Yes, they promote anti-Semitic cartoons. They are antisemites. Duh.

What else is there to even argue about?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:19 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Technically, they're promoting cartoons by an anti-Semitic artists.

Are they anti-Semites themselves? Odds are yes but given they typically stick to anti-Israel talking points, it's not certain.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:19 PM 08-19-2019

Are they anti-Semites themselves? Odds are yes but given they typically stick to anti-Israel talking points, it's not certain.
GTFO
[Reply]
vailpass 03:20 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's because she's an anti-semite.

This entire thing is bizarre to me mostly because I think it has a generally outsized influence on the talking head class. Yes, this country has jewish people in it, but it's like 2% of the country and they're largely in a few major urban cores. In the end, I'm not gonna act like antisemitism determines my vote because it just doesn't. Never something I've worried about before so I won't now; I'm not suddenly going to act all up in arms about this thing I've never worried about before because it's politically expedient (and boy do those clowns every make it politically expedient).

But it's !@#$ing hilarious to watch the left try to run cover for those 2. Tlaib and Omar are obvious anti-semites and if you put a button in front of them that would wipe out all the jews and eliminate Israel, they'd slap the button in a heartbeat without giving it a second thought.

All this nonsensical crap about grandmothers and second languages and months of "well what she meant was" so clearly flies in the face of Occam's Razor. Yet when you just look at all those same behaviors and say "well it's because they hate Jewish people" then all the blocks fit pretty neatly in place.

That pretty much covers it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 08-19-2019

I made this point awhile ago, but it kinda bears repeating.

Some folks who like Trump's policies but not his behavior will say something like "Man, I wish Donald Trump would stop Tweeting - it makes him sound like an asshole...."

They have it backwards. If Trump stopped tweeting it would diminish the exposure of what an asshole he is. Trump's not an asshole because he tweets, he's an asshole tweets.

Omar and Tlaib are the same critters. "Man, I wish they'd stop re-tweeting anti-semetic cartoonists and/or tweeting things that can so easily be construed as supporting the eradications of Israel - it makes them look like anti-semites....". Nah, y'all have that all wrong. All the tweets are doing is exposing them as anti-semites.

Like I said, I'm not even truly offended by it. Many people, if not most people, are assholes. I'm still wholly in favor of a country that allows people to be assholes within the confines of the actual rights of others (bearing in mind that you do not have a 'right' to have a cake baked for you or your balls waxed by someone). So if these folks wanna hate Jews - aight, let 'em hate Jews.

But what boggles the !@#$ing mind is the Democratic party carrying water for them. Just an odd strategy to me.
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:40 PM 08-19-2019
Why are they allowed to be racist against Jews? Is there a list of who it is allowed to be racist against? So, far it seems to be Jews and people from New England.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:42 PM 08-19-2019
Why are Dems like AOC, Omar and Tlaib in Congress and why have they taken the positions and actions that deviate from mainstream DNC politicians?
Why are they in Congress?

AOC - primaried the former rep in a safe district. I don't what her message was that got her the primary victory.

Tlaib - I assume she represents a heavily Muslim district;

Omar - lots of Somalis in her district.

Why do they deviate?

Because their views deviate, and apparently they are entitled Millennials who think that being elected to Congress means you get to dictate policy to the other 500 some odd members of Congress.

Like I said above, they're idiots.
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:46 PM 08-19-2019
Are any of the Replublicans idiots?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up