ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The overrated Browns defense
staylor26 07:29 AM 08-09-2019
I just heard Dan Patrick say that Browns defense might be better than their offense (which is absurd). A lot of people seem to think their defense is going to be great.

Where did this idea that they have a great defense come from? They had the 30th ranked D last year. They weren’t quite as bad as us, but they weren’t that much better either. Is it because of Myles Garrett? The additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon? Two very overrated players?

I just don’t see it. I think we made more improvements than they did on defense, but the national media just assumes our defense is going to suck again.

I already hate this fucking team and I hope we play them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:37 AM 08-09-2019
When will people understand that this defense was ranked 24th last year, not 31st.

If next year the defense is 15th in yards allowed per game and #30 in PPG (I know it rarely happens), are you all going to say that's a top 15 defense?

As for the Browns defense, I would project them to be comparable to the Chiefs'. Both have strong Dlines, the Browns have better CBs but lesser safeties than the Chiefs, etc.

And didn't you see this clip by Garofolo and Matt Miller where Garofolo said he believes the Chiefs defense should be the most improved in the league this year and Matt Miller seemed to agree.

Personnally, I am just not happy with the CB group (which is a good CB away), otherwise I would feel pretty good about that defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:41 AM 08-09-2019
I’m aware that we were 24th in PPG. I’m talking about YPG. Either way both defenses weren’t very good.

And no I haven’t seen Garofolo say that. Good to hear that there’s at least some national media guys that don’t have their head up their ass.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:50 AM 08-09-2019
I hope they miss the playoffs. I don't want the fucking Steelers or Ravens to get it in so I guess I'm rooting for Cincinatti (LOL yeah, right).

Sports talk guys are the worst.

Throughout their fuckfest streak, they had some OK defenses with some talent. That's not the case anymore. Fuckhole Dan Patrick forgot to switch his narrative. Cleveland drafted some fuck and he has to fill out 3 hours or whatever.

I really miss Russillo. He was one guy that would actually prepare for his segments. As a result, I just listen to his podcasts which are largely NBA that I have trouble giving a fuck about.
[Reply]
notorious 08:03 AM 08-09-2019
Dan Patrick’s crew is entertaining, but they are far from experts on anything.

They are the LeBetard show minus political dumbfuckery.
[Reply]
notorious 08:05 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I hope they miss the playoffs. I don't want the ****ing Steelers or Ravens to get it in so I guess I'm rooting for Cincinatti (LOL yeah, right).

Sports talk guys are the worst.

Throughout their ****fest streak, they had some OK defenses with some talent. That's not the case anymore. ****hole Dan Patrick forgot to switch his narrative. Cleveland drafted some **** and he has to fill out 3 hours or whatever.

I really miss Russillo. He was one guy that would actually prepare for his segments. As a result, I just listen to his podcasts which are largely NBA that I have trouble giving a **** about.
Van Pelt and Russilo were the best 3 hours of radio I’ve ever heard.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:06 AM 08-09-2019
Baker Mayfield
Myles Garrett
Bradley Chubb

That would have been the best young trio in the league but Dorsey has to get his little brokedick corner.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:08 AM 08-09-2019
It's because they have names, there are people that think Myles Garrett is a DPOY candidate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:33 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Van Pelt and Russilo were the best 3 hours of radio I’ve ever heard.
They have a podcast together. It's only like an hour once a month, but it is good programming.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Dan Patrick’s crew is entertaining, but they are far from experts on anything.

They are the LeBetard show minus political dumbfuckery.
This isn’t just Dan though. I’ve seen plenty of national media guys and fans (some on CP) overrate the fuck out of this Browns defense. I really think it’s because of Myles Garrett.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:41 AM 08-09-2019
Also I'll use the Sheldon Richardson case here...

In the past 2 seasons he has gone to a preseason contender with hype.

Seattle
Minnesota

Those teams have underachieved and then he's left, let's see if he goes 3 for 3.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:48 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also I'll use the Sheldon Richardson case here...

In the past 2 seasons he has gone to a preseason contender with hype.

Seattle
Minnesota

Those teams have underachieved and then he's left, let's see if he goes 3 for 3.
Yea and Olivier Vernon was part of that big Giants offseason that never amounted to anything.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 08-09-2019
It’s hype for a doormat franchise that has finally awoken and seems to have became legit.

Not sure why people don’t like it. This is very good for the league. I mean for 15 years it was Patriots, Colts/Broncos (4 years) and Steelers.

I’m glad that the Chiefs and Browns are good. Both of our teams haven’t won anything in our lifetimes and that changing would be fantastic for the league.

I honestly hope that the Jets start taking over when Brady retires.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:17 AM 08-09-2019
Browns offense and defense probably game planned like it was the playoffs for their preseason game
[Reply]
notorious 09:30 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This isn’t just Dan though. I’ve seen plenty of national media guys and fans (some on CP) overrate the **** out of this Browns defense. I really think it’s because of Myles Garrett.
Absolutely.

They are in their own echo chamber. The only puke up what they hear all the time.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up