ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 62
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors
Taco John 07:10 PM 07-06-2019
Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors: Sources
Jeffrey Epstein was reportedly arrested on Saturday and will appear in New York court on Monday to be charged with sex trafficking, according to multiple law enforcement sources

Pervaiz Shallwani,
Kate Briquelet,
Harry Siegel
Updated 07.06.19 9:01PM ET / Published 07.06.19 7:53PM ET

Billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was arrested for allegedly sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005, and will appear in court in New York on Monday, according to three law enforcement sources. The arrest, by the FBI-NYPD Crimes Against Children Task Force, comes about 12 years after the 66-year-old financier essentially got a slap on the wrist for allegedly molesting dozens of underage girls in Florida.

For more than a decade, Epstein’s alleged abuse of minors has been the subject of lawsuits brought by victims, investigations by local and federal authorities, and exposés in the press. But despite the attention cast on his alleged sex crimes, the hedge-funder has managed to avoid any meaningful jail time, let alone federal charges.

The new indictment—which, according to two sources, will be unsealed Monday in Manhattan federal court—will reportedly allege that Epstein sexually exploited dozens of underage girls in a now-familiar scheme: paying them cash for "massages" and then molesting or sexually abusing them in his Upper East Side mansion or his palatial residence in Palm Beach. Epstein will be charged with one count of sex trafficking of minors and one count of conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of minors—which could put him away for a maximum of 45 years. The case is being handled by the Public Corruption Unit of the Southern District of New York, with assistance from the district's human-trafficking officials and the FBI.

Several of the billionaire's employees and associates allegedly recruited the girls for Epstein's abuse, and some victims eventually became recruiters themselves, according to law enforcement. The girls were as young as 14, and Epstein knew they were underage, according to details of the arrest and indictment shared by two officials.

Epstein's attorney Martin Weinberg declined to comment when reached by The Daily Beast on Saturday night. The SDNY also declined to comment.

“It’s been a long time coming—it’s been too long coming,” said attorney David Boies, who represents Epstein accusers Virginia Roberts Giuffre and Sarah Ransome. “It is an important step towards getting justice for the many victims of Mr. Epstein’s sex trafficking enterprise.

“We hope that prosecutors will not stop with Mr. Epstein because there were many other people who participated with him and made the sex trafficking possible," he told The Daily Beast.

In an era where #MeToo has toppled powerful men, Epstein’s name was largely absent from the national conversation, until the Miami Herald published a three-part series on how his wealth, power and influence shielded him from federal prosecution. For years, The Daily Beast has reported on Epstein’s alleged abuse, and his easy jail sentence and soft treatment by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, which ultimately scrapped a 53-page indictment against Epstein. An earlier version of Epstein’s plea deal included a 10-year federal sentence—before his star-studded lawyers threatened to go to trial in a case prosecutors feared was unwinnable, in part because Epstein’s team dredged up dirt on the victims, including social media posts indicating drug use.

Meanwhile, the financier flitted among his homes in Palm Beach, New York City, and the Virgin Islands, as well as his secluded Zorro Ranch in Stanley, New Mexico, transporting young women on his private jet to facilitate the sexual abuse that’s gone unchecked by authorities, his alleged victims say.

In an announcement planned for Monday the FBI is expected to provide a number for other victims to contact the SDNY.

Much more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...-minors-source
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:30 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by BanHam:
Are you sure?

> Robby Starbuck

@robbystarbuck
Replying to @robbystarbuck
A lawyer for one of Epstein’s victims says the only high powered person who helped them in 2009 as they began their pursuit for justice was President @realDonaldTrump. He talks about it at the 5:30 mark in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqb59n69Z80

10:54 AM - Jul 7, 2019

And what about Trump?

Following a 2018 financial settlement between Florida attorney Bradley Edwards - who represented one of Epstein's accusers, only to be later sued by Epstein, Edwards said that Donald Trump was the 'only person' who provided assistance when Edwards served subpoenas and notices to high-profile individuals connected to Epstein.

Edwards: The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009.

Meanwhile, as we noted in 2017, opposition research firm Fusion GPS tried and failed to find evidence of a close relationship between then-candidate Donald Trump and billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, whose 'Lolita Express" private jet ferried powerful clients to his private island, "Little St. James."

While trying to tie Trump to Epstein in an attempt to push the narrative to at least two reporters, Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS - the firm behind the unsubstantiated "Trump-Russia" dossier, found that the Trump-Epstein link appears purely social, according to the Washington Times, which writes "Journalist sources told The Washington Times that Simpson pushed the idea of a close relationship between Mr. Trump and Jeffrey Epstein," adding "Ken Silverstein, the reporter who ultimately wrote an Epstein-Trump report, confirmed to The Times that Fusion had sourced the story."

Mr. Silverstein, who wrote the Vice.Com story, was asked by The Washington Times if Fusion pushed the Epstein-Trump story.

Since you asked, yes, they helped me with that, Mr. Silverstein said. But as you can see, I could not make a strong case for Trump being super close to Epstein, so they could hardly have been thrilled with that story. [In my humble opinion], that was the best story written about Trumps ties to Epstein, but I failed to nail him. Trumps ties were mild compared to Bill Clintons. -Washington Times

In January 2016, Vice.com ran Silverstein's story on Trump's ties to Epstein, which framed them as more social - including dinner parties, two plane trips, and Epstein hanging out at Trump's Mar-a-lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. As Radar reported last April, "According to an investigation by Radar, Trump was among dozens of renowned New Yorkers who knew Epstein socially but ostracized him after Palm Beach police uncovered the financiers sleazy double life," adding that Trump "once barred child molester Jeffrey Epstein from his famed Mar-a-lago club after the presidential candidate caught him hitting on a young girl."
You’re right, if anyone would know...it would have to be Robby Starbuck....
[Reply]
Taco John 08:34 PM 07-07-2019
Think of Epstein more as a "free agent" who likes to get paid. Calling him mossad is just naming one of his clients. When his documents are unsealed, we'll find out more, but yes, it seems very clear that Epstein was, in part, running a blackmail operation through his island of elite, illicit pleasures (and religious practices).
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:36 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
The same people that miss ISIS badly are pretty upset that child trafficking is being stopped at record pace. No surprise there.
You are random as shit...lol.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:56 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Oh?

This Epstein case is horrific and the young women deserve justice. It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated but we must follow the facts and let the chips fall where they may - whether on Republicans or Democrats. #WeSaidEnough #MeToo https://t.co/2mvskwQwW1
— Christine Pelosi (@sfpelosi) July 7, 2019

It is not often at all that I find myself agreeing with Pelosi.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:36 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-)
I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

:-)

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/#print
RED PILL: THE DONALD IS PART OF THE PIZZA RING
[Reply]
Taco John 10:03 PM 07-07-2019
Whose got odds on Epstein and Alefantis being connected in documents?

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:06 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Interesting all the high-profile pedos are given lax sentences and the low-ball creeps with the stereotypical mustaches and trenchcoats are given max time. Almost as if other high level people are in the club and don't want their buddies to flip in the face of hard time. True Detective Season 1 plot here>. I'll bet money that Epstein either won't give up shit,will mysteriously die before he can give a full and truthful testimony, or anything he does do will be sealed and the file likely burned. Especially since Maurine Comey is the lead prosecutor for this case. Yes, the former FBI Director’s daughter...

My personal theory is that Epstein is likely some foreign agency's asset. His home island bugged with spycams and other electronics for the purpose of obtaining blackmail material on current and upcoming US lawmakers/officials. To use whenever a lawmaker/official needs "reminding" of why they should vote/act a certain way whenever some piece of policy/legislation comes up.

And given the above, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that POTUS knows his proclivities. And ignored it in the past. He's been in the elite circles for a long time. I'm quite certain he knows/knew the game Epstein was playing. Or participated. Provable? Probably not. But any academic discussion gets quickly taken over by people who have political motivations. On either side.

The below flight manifest for the LolitaExpress always stood out to me as proof positive that something was going on:
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...trump-smear-c/
[Reply]
BanHam 10:06 PM 07-07-2019
This story is from a year ago. Only 50 years old - not all that strange - yet:

Decorated former Palm Beach detective who led Epstein investigation dies at 50

> "No other information about the cause of death was released."

https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/n...44V3qx0dSbWpJ/
[Reply]
Taco John 10:07 PM 07-07-2019

[Reply]
Taco John 10:14 PM 07-07-2019

BREAKING: Jeffrey Epstein's indictment will be unsealed tomorrow at 9AM Eastern, SDNY will hold a press conference at 11am, and he’ll be arraigned late tomorrow afternoon

It’s likely that Epstein will be denied bail due to the severity of charges and that he’s a flight risk

— Harry Cherry (@TheHarryCherry) July 8, 2019

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:45 PM 07-07-2019
Are RWNJs passionately defending Epstein yet? If not I give it about a week. All it takes is one Trump tweet and a couple of FoxNews segments.

RWNJs have made it patently obvious there is nothing and no behavior they won't defend if you trigger their partisan brains - which is trivially easy. Partisan PR and Trump's help just got a murderous soldier off scot-free who was so reprehensible all his fellow SEALs turned him in.

Defending pedophiles to own the libs - coming soon!
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:58 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Are RWNJs passionately defending Epstein yet? If not I give it about a week. All it takes is one Trump tweet and a couple of FoxNews segments.

RWNJs have made it patently obvious there is nothing and no behavior they won't defend if you trigger their partisan brains - which is trivially easy. Partisan PR and Trump's help just got a murderous soldier off scot-free who was so reprehensible all his fellow SEALs turned him in.

If the dude has legitimate ties to the Clinton machine, this RWNJ will NEVER defend him. Trump involvement or not.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:06 PM 07-07-2019
Tomorrow is going to be a big news day. They're going to need to pull something very big to try to sweep this out of the headlines.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:13 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Which soldier is that?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:22 AM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
Jeez guys... don't you see it? SDNY was after Trump, and Trump's family and businesses, and came up empty-handed and looking foolish. This won't be tied to the Clintons, the first question they will ask Epstein will be "Tell us about Donald Trump's trips with you..."

Now that Russian collusion is not suitable for use as an election year issue, getting Epstein to say "oh yeah, Donald's tastes run toward kids" gives them ammo for the next two years.

This ain't about Clinton.
I don’t think we’ve seen indications that Trump ever travelled with this guy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 62
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up