« First < 34567 89 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>World Ends in 2050: Climate Change Expert
HonestChieffan 09:05 AM 06-04-2019

https://t.co/pIj2s8QleB

— VICE (@VICE) June 4, 2019

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:57 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I don't claim to have a plan, because I'm not a climate change expert like virtually everyone else in the D.C. forum. I do know that climate change is already costing Americans many more billions of dollars every year. Maintaining the status quo could end up costing you and I more money than the alternative.
So who does have a plan? If maintaining the status quo could end up costing you and I more money than the alternative, what is the alternative?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:35 PM 08-21-2019
I wish they would get this shit figured out, I need to know when to max my credit cards out.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:01 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
So who does have a plan? If maintaining the status quo could end up costing you and I more money than the alternative, what is the alternative?
You're asking a non-expert these questions, as if me not having all of the answers somehow validates your opinion.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:02 PM 08-21-2019
"How is this so hard? I trust the politician who tells me that people claiming expertise told her that what I want to hear is the truth over you dolts, whatever it is you say."
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:06 PM 08-21-2019
You're asking a non-expert these questions, as if me not having all of the answers somehow validates your opinion.
I'm asking anyone these questions. I said I believe the climate is changing. I believe that humans are having an effect on it. I question alarmist predictions of the world ending, but I want to hear a plan.

You go apeshit all over this board about people who "don't believe science." Which is a complete strawman, but whatever. What is it that you believe we aren't doing that we should be doing? Fucking put up or shut up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:09 PM 08-21-2019
I'm asking anyone these questions. I said I believe the climate is changing. I believe that humans are having an effect on it. I question alarmist predictions of the world ending, but I want to hear a plan.

You go apeshit all over this board about people who "don't believe science." Which is a complete strawman, but whatever. What is it that you believe we aren't doing that we should be doing? Fucking put up or shut up.
Slings 'doesn't believe in science' like it's accurate and devastating, but has no problem with his own position being "doesn't understand science, but trusts it blindly in the hands of authoritarians.'
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:10 PM 08-21-2019
Maybe we should like someone on facebook.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:14 PM 08-21-2019

You go apeshit all over this board about people who "don't believe science." Which is a complete strawman, but whatever. What is it that you believe we aren't doing that we should be doing? ****ing put up or shut up.
We (the human race) need to phase out fossil fuels completely. They are a finite resource, so we'd only be speeding up what is going to happen anyway. I don't know the best way to achieve that, and it probably won't happen anyway.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:17 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Slings 'doesn't believe in science' like it's accurate and devastating, but has no problem with his own position being "doesn't understand science, but trusts it blindly in the hands of authoritarians.'
I didn't say I don't understand science, I said I don't have a plan for solving one of the most difficult problems mankind has ever faced.

You talk of blindly trusting scientists. Where do you get your scientific information? Google university?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:51 PM 08-21-2019
We (the human race) need to phase out fossil fuels completely. They are a finite resource, so we'd only be speeding up what is going to happen anyway. I don't know the best way to achieve that, and it probably won't happen anyway.
You claimed earlier in this thread that

Originally Posted by :
The real myth is that addressing climate change will somehow cost everyone money.
That implies you you have some knowledge of how we are going to address climate change and how it won't cost everyone money.

You also said:

Originally Posted by :
I do know that climate change is already costing Americans many more billions of dollars every year. Maintaining the status quo could end up costing you and I more money than the alternative.
That implies you have an alternative in mind.

Saying we need to get off of fossil fuel isn't a plan to get off fossil fuel. People know it's a finite resource and are already working on developing alternatives, preferably cleaner alternatives, but the technology just isn't there yet. It might never get there. But just about everyone agrees that it's a good thing to try. And we are. But we can't just tax it into existence. These inventors rely on a thriving economy to achieve anything.

We can't just quit using fossil fuel or our entire economy breaks down.

So who are you mad at? You don't know how to fix it any faster and neither does anybody else. If you find a good plan, let us know. Until then, quit calling people "science deniers" when you don't understand any science.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:16 PM 08-21-2019
Adolf: "We need change! Let's get rid of fossel fuels!"

Beef Supreme: "Okay, so what's the plan?"

Adolf: "I dunno, I'm not the expert"

:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:22 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Adolf: "We need change! Let's get rid of fossel fuels!"

Beef Supreme: "Okay, so what's the plan?"

Adolf: "I dunno, I'm not the expert"

:-)
"Little Billy has a brain tumor. I know he needs surgery and chemotherapy, but I'm not a doctor, so I guess he's screwed."
[Reply]
KC Dan 02:25 PM 08-21-2019
That would be a good thing but destroying our economy when taking the US off of fossil fuels would do 0.0 while China, India and Africa are using fossil fuels like drunken sailors at a bar. Get developing countries off them and we'll talk. Otherwise, you just want wealth redistribution and the destruction of the US economy. It really is that simple. And, I have worked in China for multiple months and even with a mask, it hurts to breathe and my eyes watered continuously while outside.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:26 PM 08-21-2019
"Little Billy has a brain tumor. I know he needs surgery and chemotherapy, but I'm not a doctor, so I guess he's screwed."
You're not a doctor, but you play one on tv
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:35 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You're not a doctor, but you play one on tv
And I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up