ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Most Memorable moments from Game of Thrones
Buehler445 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Now that it's all said and all done, what are your most memorable scenes from the show? There is a lot to draw from, I'm interested in what impacted you the most.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:28 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The last great episode was the lead up to the Battle of Winterfell. After that, it just went off the rails; slowly at first, but by the end, completely. The promise of the books and the earlier seasons just drained away, like someone bleeding out after a gut shot.

I don't even think about it now. I never hear anybody talk about it. I have no interest in what any of the actors involved do next. Don't care of Martin ever finishes the books, and I have no plans to buy them if he does.
Don't miss Bodyguard, if you get the chance.

Richard Madden plays the fuck out an MPS Protection Agent.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:30 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don't miss Bodyguard, if you get the chance.

Richard Madden plays the **** out an MPS Protection Agent.
Keep wondering if I should binge that.

And, Tim, he's in Sam Mendes' 1917, too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:36 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Keep wondering if I should binge that.

And, Tim, he's in Sam Mendes' 1917, too.
Do it. Itís not at all what I expected but very good.

Baby Lee: I totally spaced that was Robb Stark. Christ Iím an idiot
[Reply]
Frazod 04:53 PM 08-18-2019
I didn't mean I'd boycott the actors. I meant I won't be specifically interested in anything they're in going forward just because they're in it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:53 PM 08-18-2019
GoT gave me four seasons of the best TV ever. Even with the dip in quality, overall, the show was still great.

When you include the books and the lore, which is some of the best around, it's already cemented itself as one of the greatest franchises ever.

Shame for sure, though. "What could have been" with the show and, shit, the books as well. That guy will never finish the series.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:54 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That guy will never finish the series.
I didn't realize he hit 70 this year.

It's not looking good...
[Reply]
vailpass 05:04 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The last great episode was the lead up to the Battle of Winterfell. After that, it just went off the rails; slowly at first, but by the end, completely. The promise of the books and the earlier seasons just drained away, like someone bleeding out after a gut shot.

I don't even think about it now. I never hear anybody talk about it. I have no interest in what any of the actors involved do next. Don't care of Martin ever finishes the books, and I have no plans to buy them if he does.
And now Frazís watch has ended.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:09 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
And now Frazís watch has ended.
Yeah, that's one way of putting it. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:14 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't realize he hit 70 this year.

It's not looking good...
I held on to the hope he had the last two books finished for years and locked up in a vault just waiting for the TV show to end, but yeah, it's not looking good at this point.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:23 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I held on to the hope he had the last two books finished for years and locked up in a vault just waiting for the TV show to end, but yeah, it's not looking good at this point.
I have a gut feeling the next one is pretty close.

My concern is that he's actually going to need 3 volumes to finish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
GoT gave me four seasons of the best TV ever. Even with the dip in quality, overall, the show was still great.

When you include the books and the lore, which is some of the best around, it's already cemented itself as one of the greatest franchises ever.

Shame for sure, though. "What could have been" with the show and, shit, the books as well. That guy will never finish the series.
This post makes me appreciate that I havenít read the books, it freeís me up to enjoy the show as a stand alone, and not be left comparing the two... which never works from book to tv

The Seven Kingdoms got the wise and just king they needed, and each main character got a fitting end overall, IMO
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:35 PM 08-18-2019
The books are amazing. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't read them. Legit top 5 all-time fantasy book series.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:32 PM 08-18-2019
He's right, Easy. Idk if you're into medieval fantasy but if you are, even in the slightest, you should give the books a go. They're a lot more layered than the show- so many more interesting characters and plot points.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:05 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This post makes me appreciate that I havenít read the books, it freeís me up to enjoy the show as a stand alone, and not be left comparing the two... which never works from book to tv

The Seven Kingdoms got the wise and just king they needed, and each main character got a fitting end overall, IMO
I agree. Iím sure the books are as great as everyone says but considering there is no end in sight, Iím glad I just did the TV show. If the books ever get finished, Iíll buy them all that day. Say what you will about the TV ending but at least it was an ending.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:56 PM 08-18-2019
Well this story is timely -

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...5SK1F0ISVsVcGk

:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up