ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 65
« First < 13535960616263 6465 >
The Lounge>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019







New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh for sure, but with those corners gone, I still think Veach takes Hardman in the 2nd regardless of Hillís situation.
Agreed. Needed a first rounder for a corner.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 12:05 PM 08-21-2019
And so far I haven't seen one of those corners do anything in preseason or heard anything about them.

7 corners went before the Chiefs drafted and the only one I really like was Sean Bunting. Blessing in disguise so far.

And yes I know it is week 2 in preseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That was after the draft. Veach acknowledged that they found out about the audio tape in real time like everyone else.

They heard that audio hours before selecting Hardman. Thereís no way they heard that and thought at the time that Tyreek would be fine.

When that shit got released it seemed really ****ing bad for Tyreek.
Iím aware of the timing, but I donít think the Chiefs went form thinking Tyreek was innocent to guilty just because of the tape then back to innocent. They obviously were blindsided by the tape, but I donít think they had the doom and gloom outlook that the fans/media did.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 08-21-2019
Now if you want to make an argument that the Chiefs don’t aggressively trade up for Hardman I can agree with that. But if they stayed put and he fell into their lap, they would’ve taken him. There were clearly no corners available that they liked, and they still wanted to add weapons to the offense.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 12:21 PM 08-21-2019
I think the more important discussion is that Hardman looks like a better pick than the other receivers.

He just looks like he has a skillset perfect for this offense.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think the more important discussion is that Hardman looks like a better pick than the other receivers.

He just looks like he has a skillset perfect for this offense.
The weird thing is a couple of the undrafted receivers are looking really good though...

The problem I'll throw out there on this also is anyone saying we shouldn't have taken him, who else would you take? The needs sit at CB and LB and honestly this was a really bad LB year.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:35 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem I'll throw out there on this also is anyone saying we shouldn't have taken him, who else would you take? The needs sit at CB and LB and honestly this was a really bad LB year.
Good question, here are the next 14 players taken after Hardman, note I removed the Thornhill pick, and anything look good to anyone?

JJ Arcega-Whiteside; WR
Trysten Hill; DT
Parris Campbell; WR
Nasir Adderley; S
Taylor Rapp; S
Andy Isabella; WR
DK Metcalf; WR
Zach Allen; DE
Diontae Johnson; WR
Jalen Hurd; WR
Jachai Polite; LB
Josh Oliver; TE
Darrell Henderson; RB
Dre'Mont Jones; DT
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 08-21-2019
After seeing Hardman, I’m not taking any of those guys over him.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 12:48 PM 08-21-2019
I liked Taylor Rapp but Thornhill is gonna be a lot better and doesn't have the speed concerns.

The only guy on there I'd have been cool with is Parris and maybe if they drafted Henderson I could be convinced he was the heir apparent to Hunt.
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 08-21-2019
Yeah, I'd take him over that group. For sure.


I think they may have trade up for a CB though but i'm kinda thinking it works out better that they didn't
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 01:02 PM 08-21-2019
Also Parris and DK have been hurt all preseason. That's starting to be a thing.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:05 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Iím aware of the timing, but I donít think the Chiefs went form thinking Tyreek was innocent to guilty just because of the tape then back to innocent. They obviously were blindsided by the tape, but I donít think they had the doom and gloom outlook that the fans/media did.
They just lost Kareem Hunt for that type of shit that they found out in real time. Why would they be worried :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They just lost Kareem Hunt for that type of shit that they found out in real time. Why would they be worried :-)
Iím not saying they werenít concerned at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:17 PM 08-22-2019
I do want to give Veach and others props here, as Iím not sure Hardman popped off the screen in that Georgia offense. Hell, I think Ridley got more pub as a receiver.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:44 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I do want to give Veach and others props here, as Iím not sure Hardman popped off the screen in that Georgia offense. Hell, I think Ridley got more pub as a receiver.
I remember reading a report that said multiple teams were trying to trade up for Hardman, and that's what sparked the Chiefs to move up a few picks. To me, that makes it sound like not only was he our target, but at least a few other teams valued him over those other receivers.

I wanted Parris Campbell. He is 2 inches taller than Hardman, nearly 20 pounds heavier, and he ran a 4.31 at the combine, which was faster than Hardman. But Veach said Hardman was laser timed at 4.24 at a private workout.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 63 of 65
« First < 13535960616263 6465 >
Up