ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 51
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump is going to "End Birthright Citizenship"
BanHam 05:23 AM 10-30-2018
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/30/trum...tizenship.html

Trump wants to sign an order to end birthright citizenship, setting up a constitutional battle

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday in an exclusive interview for “Axios on HBO.”

The move would also likely lead to another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts, Axios reported.

President Donald Trump is planning to terminate birthright citizenship, according to a report by Axios, potentially setting up another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts.

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday, according to Axios which used the exclusive interview to promote a new documentary series called “Axios on HBO.”

“This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump’s hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting ‘anchor babies’ and ‘chain migration’,” Axios said in its report.

Trump’s comments come as he continues to push a hard anti-immigration line ahead of the midterms this month, and many experts will highlight that it’s not within the president’s power to change birthright citizenship.

“It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don’t,” Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

Trump said he had run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed, despite likely controversy. However, during the same interview Trump expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: “I didn’t think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one,” he said.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:56 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hmmmm wonder if they will disagree now
Go ahead and have the S.C. rule immigrants aren't under U.S. jurisdiction.

Go ahead. Proceed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:57 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Go ahead and have the S.C. rule immigrants aren't under U.S. jurisdiction.

Go ahead. Proceed.
Can they we charged with Treason?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:57 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
QFT. Not worth the effort. Every conversation he has it's like arguing with a 13 year old girl about what time curfew should be.
^^

"I can't actually argue this against the point, so I'll just attack the messenger instead."

Transparent Idiots who want to keep their head up their ass.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:59 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by baitism:
Foreign nationals are also subject to extradition treaties, they aren't completely under our jurisdiction.

The 14th Amendment was written for slaves. It was not written to encourage illegal immigration. The fact that this needs to be said speaks to our woeful education system.
Wrong. As the court eventually ruled.

We are a nation of immigrants and needed a lot of immigrants to build this country, so the S.C. and the country agreed with birthright citizenship was in our best interest.

Trumps certainly speak to the woeful education system with their complete ignorance of history.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:00 AM 10-30-2018
^^

"I can't actually argue this against the point, so I'll just attack the messenger instead."

Transparent Idiots who want to keep their head up their ass.
11pm and that's final.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:00 AM 10-30-2018

We are a nation of immigrants and need a lot of immigrants to build this country, so the S.C. and the country agreed with birthright citizenship.

Trumps certainly speak to the woeful education system with their complete ignorance of history.
Immigrants..............

As if you believe ILLEGAL and LEGAL isn't a term to be used before that word. Not only that you seem to think there is no difference.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:01 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by baitism:
Foreign nationals are also subject to extradition treaties, they aren't completely under our jurisdiction.

The 14th Amendment was written for slaves. It was not written to encourage illegal immigration. The fact that this needs to be said speaks to our woeful education system.
How do you know its not for illegal immigration? I'm sure the Native Americans thought it was illegal what we did. I believe it was amended into the constitution to say anyone born here is a citizen.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:01 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Can they we charged with Treason?
Another Trumper who doesn't understand what jurisdiction means.

Pro-tip, without being under or US jurisdiction means we can't deport them.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:01 AM 10-30-2018

We are a nation of immigrants and needed a lot of immigrants to build this country, so the S.C. and the country agreed with birthright citizenship was in our best interest.

Ahhh the "Courts" ruled argument like that is a solid basis. Courts also ruled SLAVERY was legal at one point.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:02 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
11pm and that's final.
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:02 AM 10-30-2018
Another Trumper who doesn't understand what jurisdiction means.

Pro-tip, without being under or US jurisdiction means we can't deport them.
Yeah just ignore the 14th's amendments founders own words. K
[Reply]
patteeu 09:04 AM 10-30-2018
I doubt Trump will ever issue this EO, but he's doing a good job of making immigration the top issue being discussed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:05 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I doubt Trump will ever issue this EO, but he's doing a good job of making immigration the top issue being discussed.
I don't care if he does or doesn't but the caravan is back to being top issue. Democrats keep shooting themselves in the foot.
[Reply]
scho63 09:05 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
This isn't something to yawn about. This is a wannabe dictator telling us he plans to issue an Executive Order to nullify the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Would you have "yawned" if Obama had said he planned to issue an Executive Order to nullify the 2nd Amendment?
:-)

I'm not for ANY President or Activist Judge using his pen to keep MAKING laws and I'm NOT for any President or Activist Judge who feels they can singularly overturn the will of the people by removing, changing or blocking what citizens have decided by voting. This includes Trump.

Obama LOVED to issue EO's and block anything he disagreed with, including using the Justice Department to constantly SUE states or destroy businesses he didn't like.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:08 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

You posted all the one's that have restrictions and aren't automatic. Here's the page that's more relevant to the current discussion:

Originally Posted by :
Canada and the United States are the only countries that observe birthright citizenship
https://www.quora.com/In-which-count...childs-parents

You should also read your own link about "right of blood" and other restrictions...:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 51
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up