ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:22 AM 08-16-2019
So i jumped on last night for 2 hours and really enjoyed the Cataclysm event. Was playing with random's on GM1, and ended up getting a bunch of masterwork items and some of the yellow ones (epic?). If you guys are on PC/Origin, add me, I need help understanding what to do to get max score, etc on these.

Origin Id: EetDrinkBeBerry
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:57 PM 08-16-2019
There are some good guides out there. YourAnthem videos are probably my personal favorite.

Basically do the 4 arenas and then hope everybody else knows to do challenges and not just rush straight to vara.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:58 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
So i jumped on last night for 2 hours and really enjoyed the Cataclysm event. Was playing with random's on GM1, and ended up getting a bunch of masterwork items and some of the yellow ones (epic?). If you guys are on PC/Origin, add me, I need help understanding what to do to get max score, etc on these.

Origin Id: EetDrinkBeBerry
https://vulkk.com/2019/08/06/anthem-...e-guide/#NOTES
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:58 PM 08-19-2019
Placed 1056th on the Cataclysm leaderboard! Woot Woot!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:10 AM 08-20-2019
The loot system has completely ruined the Cataclysm for me.

I just bought 130 war chests. I've bought about 250 total, between the two weeks and including the challenges.

I wanted 3 legendary items out of those 250 war chests: detonator melee and arctic tomb for ranger, and steam vent for storm.

That's all. 3 things.

What I got were 3-5 legendary copies of every other melee weapon and piece of gear, but not the three items that I wanted.

What's the point in even playing if there's no way to get the specific things you want?

I almost just deleted the game. I don't think I've ever been this frustrated and angry in almost 40 years of gaming.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:54 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The loot system has completely ruined the Cataclysm for me.

I just bought 130 war chests. I've bought about 250 total, between the two weeks and including the challenges.

I wanted 3 legendary items out of those 250 war chests: detonator melee and arctic tomb for ranger, and steam vent for storm.

That's all. 3 things.

What I got were 3-5 legendary copies of every other melee weapon and piece of gear, but not the three items that I wanted. I needed the Steam vent too and spent about what you did after endless GM3 grinding and on my Next to LAST roll I got a really good one. 200% gear charges and 19% suit dmg.

What's the point in even playing if there's no way to get the specific things you want?

I almost just deleted the game. I don't think I've ever been this frustrated and angry in almost 40 years of gaming.
I have a nearly perfect rolled Arctic tomb and it's highly underwhelming. Perfect that is if u want a high damage roll on a non damage gear piece.

After opening about the same amount of chests as you have on my next to last roll All I wanted was a Leg Steam vent and I got it with 200% gear charges and 19% suit dmg.

I do feel ya though before I started running endlessly on GM3 My entire gearset sucked, just in the last few days i've managed to roll a ton of high dmg and near perfect rolled gear. No idea what gives other than just switching exclusively to GM3 mode.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:19 PM 08-20-2019
I don't think it bothers me now so much that I didn't get specific items, but that I got so many copies of some things, but didn't get everything.

It's the same issue I have with drops in general. Like yesterday. My Ranger doesn't have all the class gear, he only has 1 class component, I'm missing nearly half of the universal components, and I still don't have three of the original weapons. So 4 legendaries drop, and 3 of them are repeat items. With all of that stuff that I'm missing...

And then I got 6 legendaries on my other 3 javelins, combined. All repeat items.

It didn't bother me so much during the first month, even two months. But I have hundreds and hundreds of hours played now, and there's no way for me to guarantee acquisition of anything...

And the war chests just make it worse. Opening one is like asking how I'll be disappointed this time. I don't even get excited when I see the item is legendary.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:00 PM 08-20-2019
I don't think it bothers me now so much that I didn't get specific items, but that I got so many copies of some things, but didn't get everything.

It's the same issue I have with drops in general. Like yesterday. My Ranger doesn't have all the class gear, he only has 1 class component, I'm missing nearly half of the universal components, and I still don't have three of the original weapons. So 4 legendaries drop, and 3 of them are repeat items. With all of that stuff that I'm missing...

And then I got 6 legendaries on my other 3 javelins, combined. All repeat items.

It didn't bother me so much during the first month, even two months. But I have hundreds and hundreds of hours played now, and there's no way for me to guarantee acquisition of anything...

And the war chests just make it worse. Opening one is like asking how I'll be disappointed this time. I don't even get excited when I see the item is legendary.
It's those surprise mechanics EA thinks we're in love with. I've been a fan of RNG since the early days but most games do it wrong. Division 2 and Anthem have unforgiving RNG.

Back in the day a game like Diablo 2 had similar rng BUT you could actually trade for what you needed which made a HUGE difference. You might keep getting the same Legendary piece and another dude get's the piece you wanted over and over not a problem just trade him gear.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:58 PM 09-05-2019

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:50 AM 09-06-2019
So, I'm still playing, but not as much Cataclysm. The additive nature of the event has just made it take too long to do. I liked it early on because i could grind 3 of 4 in and hour and knock the dailies out, whereas now it's a half hour or longer investment just to do it once. And I'm a little burned out on it, too, I think. Just a long event cycle.

I think it's an overall really good event, I just hope that future iterations cut back on the time investment late in the cycle.

Gear wise, with the introduction of the new jav specific boxes, I have almost all the gear I want. Weapon wise I'm still missing 3. I get legendary blade slingers over and over and over and over, and that's frustrating.

The extra vault space is nice.

Need to hear something relatively soon about what's coming, more than the statement yesterday in the state of BioWare blog that they're working on it.

That is all.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:53 PM 09-06-2019
So, I'm still playing, but not as much Cataclysm. The additive nature of the event has just made it take too long to do. I liked it early on because i could grind 3 of 4 in and hour and knock the dailies out, whereas now it's a half hour or longer investment just to do it once. And I'm a little burned out on it, too, I think. Just a long event cycle.

I think it's an overall really good event, I just hope that future iterations cut back on the time investment late in the cycle.

Gear wise, with the introduction of the new jav specific boxes, I have almost all the gear I want. Weapon wise I'm still missing 3. I get legendary blade slingers over and over and over and over, and that's frustrating.

The extra vault space is nice.

Need to hear something relatively soon about what's coming, more than the statement yesterday in the state of BioWare blog that they're working on it.

That is all.
Due to the fact they're extending the Cataclysm it makes me think they have nothing planned for the foreseeable future. They should probably find a way to make it a permanent part of the game.

I really hate that they're nerfing the new weapons, the weapons in this game are crappy enough. I can't wait for Borderlands so we can play the way we want and not worry about continual nerfs.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:34 AM 09-07-2019
I have no idea whether they do or do not have anything planned after this, but I believe the team at this point is too large for them to not be working on something. However, I am assuming the reason they're expanding the cataclysm is because 1.4 was bugged, and not because there's no plan.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:35 PM 09-07-2019
I have no idea whether they do or do not have anything planned after this, but I believe the team at this point is too large for them to not be working on something. However, I am assuming the reason they're expanding the cataclysm is because 1.4 was bugged, and not because there's no plan.
I certainly hope so and also hope they don't nerf Jarras Wrath, it's the only gun that is even halfway worth using.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:40 PM 09-07-2019
I don't have a legendary Jarra's Wrath, but my Bad Omen and Riza's Ripper both tear through everything
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:45 AM 09-08-2019
I don't have a legendary Jarra's Wrath, but my Bad Omen and Riza's Ripper both tear through everything
In GM3? I have a really good rolled Bad Omen and it barely moves red health bar enemies in GM3.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
Up